• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

BigAT

So how does the SP Regen accessory work? Is it just from running around or after battles? Should I bother buying the first tier one at all or just save up for the third?

vypek

The lines where no Problem. Got the trophy in Palace 7, without spending much time in the Palaces/Mementos.

Sorry for the doublepost.

Switch party members around enough and Futaba should be fine. Compendium is easy in NG+ when you don't have to spend money on weapons and armor anymore.

Thanks for the tips, both of you. I'm trying to rotate the characters that I have now in a way that some don't fall too far behind since I think people outside of battle are getting less experience.

Okay, the compendium prices were definitely worried me the most. I was running very low on funds in June and thought to myself that there was no way that I was going to be able to do much fusion to start filling the compendium.

So how does the SP Regen accessory work? Is it just from running around or after battles? Should I bother buying the first tier one at all or just save up for the third?

When you get the option to control the character who has it equipped, you get SP back right away before you choose an option. So it just does regen on the characters turn if its equipped. I bought a single one of the highest tier and it helped me out a lot so far. Its giving me back 7 SP so some spells I've been using become pretty cheap to use or don't even deplete the SP overall

The thing with a certain Ryuji Rank Up:

I believe it's a random evening? You just have to keep doing your thing until one evening Ryuji will message to tell you he's spotted the teacher in a Ramen venue, annnnnd done. Rank 7 get!

DNAbro

I am sticking with this grindy stressful game, because it's fun. Is it? I think it is. Yeah I think it's fun. I'm pretty sure. Is it though?

(My first Persona game!)

I just entered the 3rd dungeon, waiting for the new party member to unlock. Any second now. Take your time.

From checking back with some walkthroughs, my horrible management skills regarding demons I (don't) carry around and stuff I click on without realizing it makes time pass (fvck you, crossword puzzle!) have probably locked me out of some maxed S-Ranks and thereby skills already.

Ryuji just won't ask me out anymore for example ever since he learned about the new substitute teacher for his old track and field team. Is that completely screwed now, or might it pop up later? (This is the event needed for Rank 7)

Same with people here talking about Treasure Demons to unlock Mememtos missions: whhhaaat?? I fought 3 of them already, but never thought about catching them. I don't care about completing the Demon Compendium, but from what I understand Mementos missions are needed for the true end? Yes/No/Maybe?

Any advice appreciated.

Ryuji will message you at night at a certain point to go find the teacher.

Mementos missions aren't needed for the true end but at a certain point you will go through all of Mementos

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Only buy the top tier. If you rank up the death arcana *Not sure how sensitive people are to spoilers about gameplay unlocks*
you get a discount on items that makes everything 50% off in her store. I think it is the level 7 Confidant unlock.
. What I did was grinded to get 100,000 yen to buy one for the MC and from there used that to grind an extra 100,000 yen from the 2nd palace. From there I was able to buy 2 more sp regen items.

Those SP Regen 3's really help in dungeons. I haven't had to use a single sp item since.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It does actually make it fun when bosses summon minions cos you're like SCORE TIME TO BATON PASS

Yup. The 4th dungeon midboss really made this click for me,
the coffin that rats you and summons enemies. On its own it had no weaknesses but I was juggling actually keeping the spawned minions alive to baton pass and use the powered up attack on the coffin itself.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This penis persona wrecks angels...

I'm nit sure hiw I feel about that :3

Dee Dee

Ryuji will message you at night at a certain point to go find the teacher.

Mementos missions aren't needed for the true end but at a certain point you will go through all of Mementos

Thanks for this!

Now we sit and wait for the virtual buddy to call us...

I had a bit of trivia during ingame lessons yesterday, when one of the teachers claimed 400 people died in an incident in London due to acid rain.
WTF. Is that a thing?
I'm highly doubtful about some of the stuff those teachers push on you in this game.

Finished the 2nd palace. Got Death to 7 and bought SP Regen 3 for my whole party. Feels good.

Do party members not in your current party also get exp? I've been swapping out Yusuke and Ryuji to make sure all the characters are around the same level.

DNAbro

Finished the 2nd palace. Got Death to 7 and bought SP Regen 3 for my whole party. Feels good.

Do party members not in your current party also get exp? I've been swapping out Yusuke and Ryuji to make sure all the characters are around the same level.

No they don't but
Mishima's Confidant ability allows back up party members to get exp

daveo42

Banned
This Confidant guide feels super weird. I'm more following for books/video games, but the first time they have you got to Mementos isn't until like July. It also seems to focus heavily on Ryuji in the early game. It's nice to not have to worry about requirements, but following a guide for anything still seems...off for me.

Trojita

I was able to make my Sandman with 62 luck and I'm only level 32. I was able to farm mementos for the first time and made 7 million from the whole trip 😂

vypek

Thanks for this!

I had a bit of trivia during ingame lessons yesterday, when one of the teachers claimed 400 people died in an incident in London due to acid rain.
WTF. Is that a thing?
I'm highly doubtful about some of the stuff those teachers push on you in this game.

Someone told me that London had a really bad polluted fog situation at some point and that it aided acid rain but IDK. Some of the trivia really took me by surprise in this game. Like the question about what turned to color after movies/tv did

They do. But I don't know if its at the same pace or if its like people outside the party have the equivalent of a persona's growth skill

EDIT: Someone above me posted correct information. It has a requirement for them to get EXP. My bad

kewlmyc

Yup. The 4th dungeon midboss really made this click for me,
the coffin that rats you and summons enemies. On its own it had no weaknesses but I was juggling actually keeping the spawned minions alive to baton pass and use the powered up attack on the coffin itself.

It's weak to wind, or it was on normal at least.

cheesekao

Thanks for this!

WTF. Is that a thing?
The pollution in London was pretty dire in the past so I wouldn't be too quick to discount that.

Corpekata

Banned
Persona 5 near Palace 7 end spoilers

Rolling my eyes so hard at these final Akechi moments. Dude, this guy like killed two of your party member's parents and was a psychotic terrorist. This isn't the character type that deserves this weird pained reaction from the party like he's making some noble self sacrifice. Just a lame way to handle this character's end.

Jintor

RalchAC

Persona 5 near Palace 6 end spoilers

Rolling my eyes so hard at these final Akechi moments. Dude, this guy like killed two of your party member's parents and was a psychotic terrorist. This isn't the character type that deserves this weird pained reaction from the party like he's making some noble self sacrifice. Just a lame way to handle this character's end.

Actually Palace 7th.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
On my MC I have enough Personas to cover all elements so I don't have to rely on having the right party....can be SP intensive at times though.

I usually try to do this but I always seemed to have a blindspot with wind and curse, though I got a bunch of curse stuff later in the game.

Fandangox

I agree, didn't really like that scene, that said:

Do we know if he killed Futaba's mother? How old was Futaba when her mother died? And "this character's end" lolno, he's gonna be in the spin-offs guaranteed.

Zaru

I just started Palace 6 and
there's no way they're letting me keep Akechi with heavy almighty damage, right?

TheFatMan

Started Palace 5 and man what a slog. Such a repetitive dungeon. After loving 4 so much this one is a bit of a drag. I also don't feel as concerned as I usually do over the story here. It's almost like they were like...here care about this thing real fast.

vypek

This just made me realize that I was never able to recruit angel. I only made sure to get Rakshasa when my level was high enough.

Its a little hard to have personas of the right type for the confidant sections but also have them have all the spells you want to cover stuff your party members can't do

easily the worst part of the game for me.

Trojita

Good lord how long did you stay in there?

The 7 million

I used the confusion trick on the request (Moon Arcana) quests. This was my first time in mementos since the first visit.

If you aren't aware of the trick, using confusion on certain request quest bosses makes them drop money sometimes when in a confused state. The amount they drop is determined by Luck Stat of the equipped Persona using confusion and the level of the boss.

Sandman has one of if not the highest value of luck at the beginning of the game. Level an Onmoroki to have Pulinpa and the Confuse Boost skills. Fuse the Onmoroki with a Ame no Uzume to make a Sandman. If you have the Arcana for it, make sure that luck is the only one or one of two highlighted for the fusion. Reset the fusion until this happens (backing out and hitting the confirm button again). Use the gallows to level Sandman with a treasure persona concentrating on hopefully just luck highlighted if you have patience. From there head for a request boss that you can use confuse on.

Before entering the fight, remove all your other party members. The fights take WAY too long with a full party.

The first fight with a decent amount of luck was netting 40,000k per money drop. I grinded that out to make 2 million which was actually unnecessary. I thought it would take A LOT more money to further use gallows on Sandman, but it wasn't. From there I used the 2 million to level Sandman up to close to level 40, only allowing luck stat ups. The second request boss that dropped money when confused was now dropping 70k-80k.

The whole thing was made even easier because my Ame no Uzume had Null Physical from a fusion with one of the Izanagi, which gave Sandman a null physical. The enemies couldn't do shit.

Let me know if you guys need a clarification on any of this. Sorry I don't have the list of confusable mementos bosses on me at the moment.

From the guides Ive seen is best to rank the Death persona first to get the discount on the items, then do the money farming tricks to get enough money to buy all the most powerful ones. Apparently the lower tier ones are not worth the money. I would only invest in lower tier if you're not going to money farm, but even ten might be worthy to just save for the better ones.

Necrovex

I know I have a lot of time left in my Persona 5 before I complete the game, but it's so stressing to max out my charm to (Social Link Spoilers)
continue my time with Makoto. I decided to romance her for this playthrough instead of my usual tendency of romancing anyone with the lover arcana.

I got the game last week, and I'm already 47 hours into it. I am in love with it like I was with Persona 4.

vypek

I used the confusion trick on the request (Moon Arcana) quests. This was my first time in mementos since the first visit.

If you aren't aware of the trick, using confusion on certain request quest bosses makes them drop money sometimes when in a confused state. The amount they drop is determined by Luck Stat of the equipped Persona using confusion and the level of the boss.

Sandman has one of if not the highest value of luck at the beginning of the game. Level an Onmoroki to have Pulinpa and the Confuse Boost skills. Fuse the Onmoroki with a Ame no Uzume to make a Sandman. If you have the Arcana for it, make sure that luck is the only one or one of two highlighted for the fusion. Reset the fusion until this happens (backing out and hitting the confirm button again). Use the gallows to level Sandman with a treasure persona concentrating on hopefully just luck highlighted if you have patience. From there head for a request boss that you can use confuse on.

Before entering the fight, remove all your other party members. The fights take WAY too long with a full party.

The first fight with a decent amount of luck was netting 40,000k per money drop. I grinded that out to make 2 million which was actually unnecessary. I thought it would take A LOT more money to further use gallows on Sandman, but it wasn't. From there I used the 2 million to level Sandman up to close to level 40, only allowing luck stat ups. The second request boss that dropped money when confused was now dropping 70k-80k.

The whole thing was made even easier because my Ame no Uzume had Null Physical from a fusion with one of the Izanagi, which gave Sandman a null physical. The enemies couldn't do shit.

Let me know if you guys need a clarification on any of this. Sorry I don't have the list of confusable mementos bosses on me at the moment.

This is pretty incredible.

Saving this quote for when I enable Gallow Fusions. Definitely doing this, I don't like the constraints of money and I only work when I need stats.

I just started Palace 6 and
there's no way they're letting me keep Akechi with heavy almighty damage, right?

That skill is rare but not unheard of.

e.g. Embrace the Persona Thoth. Make him yours!

Save for the 3rd one and buy it at Death Rank 7 (IIRC). It is incredibly valuable on the MC, but I think there's better stuff on other party members.

In battle, it will regen 7 SP for every normal turn the MC has. Depending how early you get it, it can essentially extend his SP pool by 50%, or more if you play your battles right.

Trojita

This Confidant guide feels super weird. I'm more following for books/video games, but the first time they have you got to Mementos isn't until like July. It also seems to focus heavily on Ryuji in the early game. It's nice to not have to worry about requirements, but following a guide for anything still seems...off for me.
The guide is into min maxing. I was wondering why Mementos was put off so far, but it is because mementos quests have a cut off date. What the guide is doing is making you accumulate all of the quests up to the fortune arcana and then doing them all at once.

daveo42

Banned

Might need to do this when I get a chance in NG+. Need a good bit of cash to finish up the last 10% of the compendium.

Zaru

That skill is rare but not unheard of.

It's not about rarity, it's about the fact that AT THIS POINT in the game, none of my characters or personas (some of which are far above my level at this point thanks to strengthening) have Heavy anything aside from physical, let alone Heavy All. And this guy comes with a SEVERE skill.

Top Bottom