• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

It's supposed to come out of nowhere, that's the point.
Sae just suddenly explodes on her sister because of pent-up stress and anger from work combined with her sister making her question whether the work she's doing (aka, pursuing the Phantom Thieves) is even just

Regardless of what the intention was it is poor writing. People don't just naturally "explode" like that. There was no believable trigger to the ensuing conversation. It was contrived as hell.

Regardless of what the intention was it is poor writing. People don't just naturally "explode" like that. There was no believable trigger to the ensuing conversation.

People under a lot of stress, who have to keep up a mask in front of their superiors during really long days days do. Given what we see of Sae's schedule it's pretty likely she's not getting anywhere near enough sleep either which tends to be bad for that sort of thing too. It's meant to show that Sae isn't as together as she seems.

People under a lot of stress, who have to keep up a mask in front of their superiors during really long days days do. Given what we see of Sae's schedule it's pretty likely she's not getting anywhere near enough sleep either which tends to be bad for that sort of thing too. It's meant to show that Sae isn't as together as she seems.

I get what they were going for but what I'm saying is they didn't do a good job of executing it. It's just a minor complaint since otherwise the writing, like I said earlier, has been great. It was just jarring when compared to how it's been up until that point.

Has anyone looked into how the Network Fusion Abilities work ? I got Abilities reasonably quickly when fusing Persona with lots of skills but sending off my standard Isis I've done about twice as many without anything. I know it's not inheritance either since the Persona used previously had buffs and passives. I wonder if it's a fixed percentage chance of a mutation per inherit slot that you get.

Repeatedly sacccing Isis and reloading is getting incredibly old , incredibly fast.

What the hell is with Haru's weirdly awful voice acting? It's like she's intentionally saying her lines terribly? It reminds me of when Kramer tries to act on Seinfeld. She doesn't do this the whole time does she?

What the hell is with Haru's weirdly awful voice acting? It's like she's intentionally saying her lines terribly? It reminds me of when Kramer tries to act on Seinfeld. She doesn't do this the whole time does she?

The first scene was the worst in my experience. The voice actress tones it down in the next few scenes, thankfully.

gun_haver

How much is left after the 7th Palace?

I know there's some kind of final area that isn't quite a palace or something, but I've also gotten the impression the game goes into an ending sequence around Xmas where you no longer have free time to use. Is that right?

RalchAC

How much is left after the 7th Palace?

I know there's some kind of final area that isn't quite a palace or something, but I've also gotten the impression the game goes into an ending sequence around Xmas where you no longer have free time to use. Is that right?

Yes.

Gotta max that kindness to proceed at some point.

You get told when you're kindness gated. I believe there's an early lock where you have to make coffee once
2->3
and then one where it can't progress before a certain point in the game
4-> 5, after Futaba joins your party
, the Kindness gate is
6-
>7
but you get a clear indicator for that one.

ys45

Finished the game yesterday
Overall I'd say it was a nice ending, at first I was like WTF when Sae asked me to turn myself in and then I realize that she was right and in real life things would be like that too so in the end you save the world but almost no one know about it and you still play the "bad guy" role but I like that your friend fight for you to get you out, that was very heartwarming.

And on top of that
When you say goodbye to your friends Sunset Bridge plays
You know you played a good game when the credits are rolling and you feel like an emptiness, like your going to miss the characters or something.
last time I felt like that was Witcher 3 after finishing Blood and Wine

Well guys, see you in Project Re Fantasy :)

The first scene was the worst in my experience. The voice actress tones it down in the next few scenes, thankfully.

Are we just talking about the scene where
she tries to dunk on the rest of the Phantom Thieves? Because that's clearly her trying to recite lines Morgana fed to her to insult the rest of the team and to make Haru and Morgana seem totally awesome. In other words, yes, it's supposed to sound like terrible acting.
But I kind of don't remember what was so bad about her first scene so I might be thinking of the wrong thing.

RalchAC

Are we just talking about the scene where
she tries to dunk on the rest of the Phantom Thieves? Because that's clearly her trying to recite lines Morgana fed to her to insult the rest of the team and to make Haru and Morgana seem totally awesome. In other words, yes, it's supposed to sound like terrible acting.
But I kind of don't remember what was so bad about her first scene so I might be thinking of the wrong thing.

Both that scene and the trip to Mementos are supposed to be like that, yeah.

Dice//

Banned
Did some early morning practice after a P5 session and 'Personafied' myself.

Peeps seemed to like it, so I feel ..."confidant" enough to share it.

Utgcv4fm.png

Recall

That's the point. She is is just saying what Morgana told her to say. She even plainly asks Morgana is she is saying what he told her correctly?

She didn't decide to call her self
Beauty Thief,
it was Morgana being salty at Ann.

Nah, I'm referring to tbe sound of her voice , not the stuff she was saying, which you're right about. But the pitch gets more tolerable pretty quickly.

Bladenic

Did some early morning practice after a P5 session and 'Personafied' myself.

Peeps seemed to like it, so I feel ..."confidant" enough to share it.

Utgcv4fm.png

Oh how? Can you do me? I've just started messing with Photoshop, can't do cool shit yet (assuming that's what you used).

And yes Haru's voice is very unfortunate. It's nearly Fuuka levels of "shut the fuck up"

Nothing will ever top that one bitch who was a bully to Fuuka though for horrible VA

Mendrox

Regardless of what the intention was it is poor writing. People don't just naturally "explode" like that. There was no believable trigger to the ensuing conversation. It was contrived as hell.

Yes people can easily explode by such a small trigger. Glad you havent experienced it yet but it really happens often with stressed people. She could have also been crying, but Makoto was a nice victim in that moment.

Opa-Pa

Yes people can easily explode by such a small trigger. Glad you havent experienced it yet but it really happens often with stressed people. She could have also been crying, but Makoto was a nice victim in that moment.

Yeah that read kinda weird, it's definitely a normal reaction of someone under a lot of stress with too many responsibilities on their shoulders. The trigger is clearly Makoto suggesting the very people Sae is working her ass to put in jail are just, and bringing up their father, whose death affected and burdened Sae's life forever. Linking the two was simply too much.

kromeo

Is there some hidden way of raising guts I've missed? I saw Iwai appeared as an option on the list of how people are spending their time really early on, not quite sure how it's possible

Magic Ability is mine. Pretty sure Soul Chain, Almighty Boost / Amp and Magic Ability are the only network abilities. I "got" Soul Chain 3 times, Almighty Amp 2 times and Magic Ability once while trying to get all of them. Never saw Almighty Boost but it might get removed from the pool of you have Messiah.

Is there some hidden way of raising guts I've missed? I saw Iwai appeared as an option on the list of how people are spending their time really early on, not quite sure how it's possible

Might be new game+ people. It was around August by the time I got dauntless Guts.

vypek

Some of these Mementos shadow battle is vicious.
Damn Baphomet forced me to fused an Anubis with Null Brainwash and Bufula while Dakini took me half an hour to beat.

Fuck that guy. I lucked out in that fight and almost lost a ton of progress. He felt so overpowered. I wish I knew ahead of time or I would have tried the solution you had.

The second person you mentioned I don't think I have met and I'm somewhat worried about it now lol

[Late game]
There's a news segment on the TV that mentions a handsome detective with red glasses, a legendary gumshoe who took down a bear, and a girl in police academy who knows kung fu. It seems like a reference to something, but the only thing I can think of is that the last one is Chie or future!Makoto.

Anyone know?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm saved at the start of Dungeon 5 (actual start, not first visit) and haven't played for a few days. Around 47 hours in and pretty burnt out. Heading on vacation for a couple weeks, will see if I feel motivated to finish the game after a break.

[Late game]
There's a news segment on the TV that mentions a handsome detective with red glasses, a legendary gumshoe who took down a bear, and a girl in police academy who knows kung fu. It seems like a reference to something, but the only thing I can think of is that the last one is Chie or future!Makoto.

Anyone know?

Katsuya, Akihiko and Chie

Astral

[Late game]

Anyone know?

So cool. I gotta pay attention to this on NG+. I hear there's a reference to
Yukari
as well.

Edit: Aw shit double post. I got too excited.

Recall

I'm saved at the start of Dungeon 5 (actual start, not first visit) and haven't played for a few days. Around 47 hours in and pretty burnt out. Heading on vacation for a couple weeks, will see if I feel motivated to finish the game after a break.

I was the same but once I cleared Palace 5 I was rejuvenated. It really is a massive road block but it all picks up again once you overcome it.

You can do it :)

ShadyK54

The answer is probably pretty obvious, but I'll ask anyway:

Can you only
have the boss battle against the twins
in NG+?

Astral

Holy shit that first one didn't occur to me at all, I'm so used to not seeing 1 and 2 referenced in any form since P3.

Him being described as handsome is hilarious to me for some reason though haha.

Tatsuya
was described as really handsome in P2 if I remember correctly. I guess that's one of his
brother's
character traits too.

JBwB

6 million should be more than enough to finish the last 25% of the compendium right?

I need that platinum... Still can't get enough of this game haha.

Top Bottom