• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Rivers in the Desert is so good it makes me wanna go buy another copy of the game.

Flawless OST

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I wish one of the dynamic themes used that track.

Its criminally underused and the boss its used on doesnt even deserve this masterpiece.

When a cool drop of water's all I need
Gotta clear my head of anger and greed

Lunar15

Have a Short Rest (the save room music) is such a weirdly amazing song for something that isn't heard a whole lot.

That's kind of the irony of P5's soundtrack: A lot of the best songs are not in prominent places while the songs you hear a bunch aren't as memorable. They really needed a better vocal track for wandering around Tokyo.

Bronetta

Also is it just me or does P5 have fewer vocal tracks compared to P4?

I still remember the first time hearing the battle music in P4G which made me go wtf as I didnt expect vocals in battle.

Now I can't get enough of them. Both the P4G and P5 singers did a phenomenal job.

Setsu00

Also is it just me or does P5 have fewer vocal tracks compared to P4?

I still remember the first time hearing the battle music in P4G which made me go wtf as I didnt expect vocals in battle.

Now I can't get enough of them. Both the P4G and P5 singers did a phenomenal job.

P5 has the same amount of vocal songs as P4, but less than P4G.

PK Gaming

How characters summon their Persona:
C90lWwgUwAAKwBj.jpg

How Ryuji summons his Persona:
C90lX7IVoAA8jDj.jpg

Source

ckohler

I never can quite understand what English Ryuji says. I think it's "What's up Persona!" or maybe "Let's go Persona!" but I'm not sure.

asariN7

I knew that 'Sayuri' was gonna be related to yusuke and his mom ever since it was metioned Madarame knew his mom
Really like Yusukes story arc.

Mediking

Alot of people complain about the anime scenes but I really enjoyed the few I've seen so far. The
beach scene, hawaii, and desert scenes were great

The cellphone mechanic is really nice. Seeing your party members interact in messages is incredibly cool and adorable. Now that Futaba has joined... the messages have gotten even more sweet.

Persona 5 is really reminding me of Death Note so far.... You guys know how we joke about what manga does Tetsuya Nomura read for Kingdom Hearts? I wonder if the writer for P5 read some Death Note manga before writing the script. Lol

EndMerit

Including all the time I spent resetting Personas, confidants, and doing other miscellaneous stuff, I finally finished the game at about 170 hours. Full stats, all confidants maxed, all books read and games played, compendium at 93%.
I'd say that was an efficient use of my time.

I'm kind of torn regarding the overall pacing of the last month of the game, but judging most of the scenes individually... damn, there was some cool-ass shit. [>Heavy spoilers>]
Akechi going nuclear and getting killed by himself
gathering the crew back together in Velvet Room after you stopped existing
raining blood
the twins being reborn
, the final attack to the last boss... The game took it's sweet time coming out, but boy was it worth playing.

Between P4 and P5, I'd say P5's ending has stronger building blocks, but P4 puts them together better, leaving you with stronger feeling of closure (and emptiness...).
I dunno... compared to P4's true ending at least, I kind of expected/wanted to feel more empty inside.

Bronetta

What does Haru say when her Persona criticals enemies?

I hear "Take them, Milady" but thats probably wrong.

Anyway to turn off the ability from ryuji to skip the battle and just get the mask?

Having some regrets about boosting with the reaper a few times if that's impacting me. Anytime I sneak on a shadow I skip the fight and get the mask. Never going to get the futaba trophy now 😭

Bronetta

There are 2 types of people in this world: Those who think Ryuji did nothing wrong and those who are wrong.

LiK

Ryuji is like Yosuke. They're both annoying and immature but they have heart and they're the ones who pushed the MC into progressing through the beginning. So while I know people hate them both, they're critical to the plot.

Personally, I like them both.

Bronetta

Ryuji is like Yosuke. They're both annoying and immature but they have heart and they're the ones who pushed the MC into progressing through the beginning. So while I know people hate them both, they're critical to the plot.

Personally, I like them both.

Ryuji > Yosuke

Yosuke's alright but Ryuji's a true bro and he's got the best lines.

Anyway to turn off the ability from ryuji to skip the battle and just get the mask?

Having some regrets about boosting with the reaper a few times if that's impacting me. Anytime I sneak on a shadow I skip the fight and get the mask. Never going to get the futaba trophy now 😭

You can't, but if you really want to get into a fight don't ambush the enemy. Attacking them normally (i.e. the button prompt says "ATTACK!" instead of "AMBUSH!") will enter the battle as before.

Dark Link

Finished my NG+ run and platinum'd the game at 213 hours. Now I feel empty...

Was pretty funny 4TKing the final boss though (Two turns just purely for buffing).

Phatcorns

Can someone tell me where to find god damn Ryuji? I'm in the
Madarame
chapter and I can't talk to Ann or Takemi yet, and I want to up my confidants. He's not outside the classroom or at the arcade.

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

You done goofed!

Might as well just beeline through. Ryuji's insta-kill ability from his confidant will make it go by faster, as well.

Heh. On the bright side you should find the first 40 or so floors to provide no challenge at all.
So far the enemies all run away from me (we'll see how long that lasts). I'm just literally beelining it as much as possible. It's still annoying trying to find which of the damn doors takes me to the stairs. This literally just knocked a big point down on this game for me. They said it was optional... It wasn't optional at all.

So far the enemies all run away from me. I'm just literally beelining it as much as possible. It's still annoying trying to find which of the damn doors takes me to the stairs. This literally just knocked a big point down on this game for me. They said it was optional... It wasn't optional at all.

I'm guessing you never played P3 or Nocturne. If they put a giant dungeon there, you'll be traversing it for at least one necessary thing, be it a bonus boss, the true ending or just the normal plot.

The Confidant stuff and Mishima's quests are supposed to encourage to clear through at a reasonable​ pace too.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm guessing you never played P3 or Nocturne. If they put a giant dungeon there, you'll be traversing it for at least one necessary thing, be it a bonus boss, the true ending or just the normal plot.

I wonder how many people ignored tartarus until they realized the main story events out leveled the hell out of them?

I wonder how many people ignored tartarus until they realized the main story events out leveled the hell out of them?

The explicitly time limited velvet room, section clear quests probably helped a bit there, since it serves as a pretty big hint to clear the section before the full moon. And you really need that cash early in the game.

The Confidant stuff and Mishima's quests are supposed to encourage to clear through at a reasonable​ pace too.

Played both lol. I did just fine in P3 by just going up until the gates in 1 day and just doing all of the social link stuff until a full moon came. I sorta did the same with P5 once I got the best SP Regen items. I did the palaces all in 1 day and just did confidant stuff all of the other days. Until of course, I got a Mementos "lock" on them, and that was when I moved on to the next character.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The explicitly time limited velvet room, section clear quests probably helped a bit there, since it serves as a pretty big hint to clear the section before the full moon. And you really need that cash early in the game.

To be fair the inundation of mementos requests should serve a similar purpose :p

Top Bottom