• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

PK Gaming

JP Version is great and likable. Has a lot of range to convey all sides of her character. Haven't heard the english version, but no need to put one down. Plus all the localized text is still there. Either way, it's all pretty close to what she says in Japanese.

I'm not putting the JP version down, I just doubt that I would personally enjoy JP Futaba as much as the NA version. That's not a knock on the original VA at all. Plus, Erica Lindbeck is straight up one of my favorite VA's ever and I prefer the voice direction for her Futaba.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm not putting the JP version down, I just doubt that I would personally enjoy JP Futaba as much as the NA version. That's not a knock on the original VA at all. Plus, Erica Lindbeck is straight up one of my favorite VA's ever and I prefer the voice direction for her Futaba.

Her english voice is great, I don't think it suits the character though. It sounds way too mature. The Japanese voice sounds younger and is very distinct among the other cast. The english voice might have been a better fit for Makoto.

I feel the exact opposite, for my NG+ run I'm planning on using the English VAs but the original cast is so good. Futabas original VA does such a good job having a quirky, yet younger-higher pitched voice.

Currently at 11/10 and just maxed Proficiency to advance the Empress confidant. I've only maxed Strength and Death so far, 1 away from Priestess. All my teammates are around 7-8 but I feel like I'm not going to have enough time to Max them out at least, feelsbadman...

FluxWaveZ

lol
C_vSbbqUIAAU4Gv.jpg
C_vSb9yUQAA83Zm.jpg
I do wish there was more banter like this outside of Mementos. Like when they're hanging out in safe rooms or in the real world. It adds a lot.

Her english voice is great, I don't think it suits the character though. It sounds way too mature. The Japanese voice sounds younger and is very distinct among the other cast. The english voice might have been a better fit for Makoto.

This definitely makes me think I wouldn't have appreciated Futaba as much if I were playing with the Japanese VO compared to the English one. Her sounding mature in that way suits her far more than the high pitched, "cutesy" kinda voice, considering her background and intelligence. It's the latter that I feared when it came to her character, and I'm glad they took a different direction with it.

Rise was brought up as a comparison point, and that sounds apt. Japanese Rise would irk me.

LiK

lol

I do wish there was more banter like this outside of Mementos. Like when they're hanging out in safe rooms or in the real world. It adds a lot.

This definitely makes me think I wouldn't have appreciated Futaba as much if I were playing with the Japanese VO compared to the English one. Her sounding mature in that way suits her far more than the high pitched, "cutesy" kinda voice, considering her background and intelligence. It's the latter that I feared when it came to her character, and I'm glad they took a different direction with it.

Rise was brought up as a comparison point, and that sounds apt. Japanese Rise would irk me.

Seriously. The banter in safe rooms would've been pretty awesome.

over 80 hours in, Place 3 is done.

I always see posts like this on GAF (not just about Persona 5) and it always baffles me.

Some guy posted in the Nier Automata thread as well that they were 75 hours into Nier and just got to Ending C - like huh?

Like, more power to you and all that - enjoy the game however you'd like - but I don't know what someone could be doing for 80 hours to only be up to that point.

JBwB

Damn... and I thought I took a lot of time with the game.

IIRC I had around 50 hours logged by Palace 3 in my first playthrough. 80 hours logged by then is nuts so I'll be very curious to hear what your final playtime is.

LiK

Only at Palace 3 at 80 hours? I think you'll be done in 160-180 hours

Also, Futaba figure is up for preorder. BOUGHT. So happy there's no exclusive version.

I always see posts like this on GAF (not just about Persona 5) and it always baffles me.

Some guy posted in the Nier Automata thread as well that they were 75 hours into Nier and just got to Ending C - like huh?

Like, more power to you and all that - enjoy the game however you'd like - but I don't know what someone could be doing for 80 hours to only be up to that point.

You know, taking their time.

I think I was at 50-60 hours at palace 3 myself, taking my time to read all the chatter and going around the city seeing if anything changes as the game moves on.

I loved English Rise
Laura Bailey is my waifu
but Japanese Rise is more interesting to me because idol culture is even more inherently Japanese than Persona already is. There's a unique authenticity to hearing a stereotypical Japanese idol drop the act and speak more plainly.

I think you make a good point about Futaba's voice lining up well with her intelligence, but I also agree with Ferrio that she sounds a little too old given both her age and role in the group. Aoi Yuuki's divine voice combined with the appropriately intelligent-for-her-age subttitles is the best of both worlds for me.

I don't know what my pace was like for Persona, but I can sympathize with that Automata player. I explored every nook and cranny of every area, and tried to do every sidequest the moment it became available, which meant a lot of backtracking.
(minor sidequest spoiler - duckroll avert thy eyes)
The final fight against Father Servo took like thirty minutes, and a single hit meant death and redoing the fight.

Cess007

I'm 75hrs and already on Palace 6. And one of my favorites feelings in any RPG has just happened:

**full party spoilers**

There's something when the full party level up that just makes me happy lol

I'm 75hrs and already on Palace 6. And one of my favorites feelings in any RPG has just happened:

**full party spoilers**

Sorry to one-up you, but I actually got a full-party level-up with three MC personas. It was a pretty good feeling.

LATE GAME SPOILER 12/24
About how many hours do I have remaining if I am at the final dungeon after fake Igor is gone and real Igor is back. Is it just beating the Holy Grail?

I wish the game would let me do stuff. I beat the first palace and I'm in May and everyday for me has been decided by my teammates when I wanna get my stats up so I can start other social links

I wish the game would let me do stuff. I beat the first palace and I'm in May and everyday for me has been decided by my teammates when I wanna get my stats up so I can start other social links

Stuff starts to open up around mid May, but you'll always lose about a week to start / wrap up plots.

ffvorax

Last palace, I think, the
ship.

I actually collected almost all the items to get access to the treasure, I stopped playing before acquiring the fourth one, this is the hardest palace to do all in one run, there are a lot of encounters with powerful enemies...

At last I will not manage to get to 10 all the confidants, but I'm ok with that, at least I maxed most of them.

Do the max confidant remains so in NG+ or I need to start over everyone? (I think I need to start over...)

75h IN, I need to do a couple of Memento floor too but I will do as soon I end the palace.

Lv 60 here, but I find it hard to level up quickly right now with monsters out there.

Lusankya

Loved her English VA. Spunky yet not annoying. Her little bits of humming and giggling just fits her character so well.

I predict her VA (Erica Lindbeck) to become one of the most widely used and most loved VAs in no time.

She only recently started acting, but imho all of her performances in video games were stellar (SMT IV: Apocalypse, Tales of Berseria, Nier Automata, Persona 5).

Jintor

damn man this is some gooooooooooood shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

p3 edit better than the p4 edit but man the colour change is impressiveeeee

/edit fuck the p4 main menu theme got me. Fuck!

Recall

I forgot how slow the introduction is to everything. On my first playthrough I loved it but doing NG+ where I'm skipping everything, spamming triangle and X to move quicker through all the text and it's still hours before the game part begins.

Don't think I have the patience to over come the early parts on a second playthrough...I don't think I want to sully my opinion of the game after I loved my first playthrough so much.

I forgot how slow the introduction is to everything. On my first playthrough I loved it but doing NG+ where I'm skipping everything, spamming triangle and X to move quicker through all the text and it's still hours before the game part begins.

Don't think I have the patience to over come the early parts on a second playthrough...I don't think I want to sully my opinion of the game after I loved my first playthrough so much.

I thought Persona 4 was worse in that aspect.

Quonny

I'm currently here, just plowing through it for the platinum. It really is a slog.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've been skipping everything that isn't related to social links on my second run, some scenes are still taking 5 minutes to fast-forward through.

The one scene I didn't skip was the first time they enter Kamoshida's palace. Knowing how the Metaverse app works it's fun picking up where they hit all the key words during the course of a normal conversation.

vypek

**full party spoilers**

Oh I'll have to try and post mine later. I think I got about 6 of the MC's personas to level up since a ton of them had growth ability. It really is fun to see a whole party level up together.

mrmickfran

Wow, Futaba is really helpful with giving me a heat riser and a charge/concentrate.

But you know what would be really helpful Futaba? If you gave me those buffs when I'm fighting The Reaper or
Caroline/Justine

Cybele is the only Persona you can't rotate all the way around. What a shame.
There's several actually. You can't do that with Carmen and pretty much every endgame large demon. (Lucifer, Satan, etc)

Carmen and Cybele are pretty obvious why though lol.

Aesthet1c

So I think I am nearing the end of the game. Can anyone tell me without spoilers if there are any end game secret dungeons/bosses/gear/persona's or anything I should be watching for. I'm almost into December and I just finished all the crazy stuff that happened after
Sae's palace

Top Bottom