• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaneko did the character art for Persona 1 entirely. Persona 2 and Soul Hackers he did the original designs, but the in game portrait art was drawn by Soejima.

The remakes of Persona 2 and Soul Hackers replaced the Kaneko drawn art with Soejima drawn art.
Thought so, don't think your second reason is really a problem Dantis :p. Even that pic Buddha posted isn't so far removed.

Says me still having trouble drawing just one

cjkeats

Kaneko did the character art for Persona 1 entirely. Persona 2 and Soul Hackers he did the original designs, but the in game portrait art was drawn by Soejima.

The remakes of Persona 2 and Soul Hackers replaced the Kaneko drawn art with Soejima drawn art.
Didn't Doi do some work on the remakes? I thought the covers were him.

Caladrius

I thought that was Masayuki Doi. Or was that just for the promo art?

Dantis

In the remake of P2 IS, Soejima did the art. In the remake of P2 EP, Doi did the new art, plus drew over Soejima's old art to upres it.

In the original games, Soejima did the lineart and Doi did the colouring.

(I think, anyway. Just going to add the I COULD BE WRONG disclaimer :p)

Sophia

That sounds about right, Dantis. I'm guessing Shiori Miyashiro is probably Doi's art then?

Credits for Innocent Sin PSP list Soejima for "New Character Design" and Doi for "New Character Design Finishing", with Hanako Uchibe as "New sub-character design"

1380953352782.jpg

Ah so Doi is the Trauma Center and SMT4 character artist. At first I thought they looked pretty similar to Soejima's style but the more I look at some of Doi's characters...

But yeah it's no wonder it was hard to tell with P2 when they're splitting the lineart and colour between them.

cj_iwakura

Persona 4: Platinumed

Along the way I...

Created my ideal Persona:

Obtained every costume

Maxed out (most) of the Bike trees

Took down the reaper

Defeated Margeret

Completed the Persona compendium

Maxed out every social link

Life is good

Time for the true man's road.

Go fight Elizabeth. (in vanilla.)

That said, congrats!

Why would you need 4 Omnipotent orbs!?

I didn't. Oftentimes he would give me a second aura dog suit or Athena Chestplate and I'd have to soft reset and go buy him again though -_-;

Along the way I...

Obtained every costume

(Mostly) Maxed out the Bike trees

Took down the reaper

Defeated Margeret

Life is good

I'm proud of you, bro. Great job.

Caladrius

Along the way I...

Obtained every costume
(Mostly) Maxed out the Bike trees
Took down the reaper
Defeated Margeret
Life is good

Congratulation!
tumblr_mewp2iUSLH1qf25fr.gif

I didn't. Oftentimes he would give me a second aura dog suit or Athena Chestplate and I'd have to soft reset and go buy him again though -_-;

I am confused.

I am confused.

Messiah can produce 1 of 7 different pieces of equipment upon reaching level 98: Armor of Light, Shoes of Light, Aigis Legs v0, Athena Plate, Aura Doge Suit or the Omnipotent Orb. I needed 4 Armors/Shoes of Light and one of every other item in order to create the ultimate party, so I needed to buy Messiah at least 12 times. It ended up taking more than 20 times, since he produced Athena Plates, Doge Suits and Aigis Legs multiple times due to them having a higher drop rate than Shoes of Light and Omnipotent Orbs.

Sorry if that was confusing ^_^;

Caladrius

Messiah can produce 1 of 7 different pieces of equipment upon reaching level 98: Armor of Light, Shoes of Light, Aigis Legs v0, Athena Plate, Aura Doge Suit or the Omnipotent Orb. I needed 4 Armors/Shoes of Light and one of every other item in order to create the ultimate party, so I needed to buy Messiah at least 12 times. It ended up taking more than 20 times, since he produced Athena Plates, Doge Suits and Aigis Legs multiple times due to them having a higher drop rate than Shoes of Light and Omnipotent Orbs.

Sorry if that was confusing ^_^;

Were you playing on master difficulty?

PK Gaming

No. No it is not. But whatever pleases you.
I completely understand where Scrafty is coming from. It might not net tangible benefits, but maxing out a Persona (or any character in an RPG really) can be meaningful. It's an example of the journey being more important than the result itself.

Also, stat-raising a Persona in P3P is really easy.

EDIT: Thanks guys!

How the hell did you do that. Have Fe/MC not attack and only attacked with Shinji?

Yup. Just equipped the Omnipotent Orb, sat back, and watched as the Reaper crumbled beneath the might of my husbando's Power Charged-God Hands. ;)

Also, does the Reaper remind anyone else of P2 SPOILERS
Tatsuya Sudou? Their leather jackets look similar to me, and Reaps is missing the same eye as Sudou...

Yup. Just equipped the Omnipotent Orb, sat back, and watched as the Reaper crumbled beneath the might of my husbando's Power Charged-God Hands. ;)

Also, does the Reaper remind anyone else of P2 SPOILERS
Tatsuya Sudou? Their leather jackets look similar to me, and Reaps is missing the same eye as Sudou...

something tells me that isn't a coincidence

Caladrius

What do people think are the chances that You-Know-Who himself will become the primary antagonist of Persona 5? I am having a tremendous suspicion that this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom