• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see you enjoyed it. I feel people are too hard on the first Persona. Here, listen to the character themes, its almost like, getting to know the characters in music form...a shame that the remake removed almost all the themes.

Eriko Kirishima
Reiji Kido
Hidehiko Uesugi "Brown"
Yuka Ayase
Yukino Mayuzumi
Maki Sonomura
Kei Nanjo
Masao Inaba "Mark"

I really dont get why modern Persona decided to move away from giving character's their own themes damn it. Listen to this shit:

2Positive4Me

Some of these were left in the remake luckily, like Maki's theme.
A song for each character is a really good idea, they should go back to it!

How many hour for you to finish the game?

Around 25, rushing through.

I've been putting more time into Persona 2: IS on my Vita. This game is rather grindy. I don't mind it for XP grinding, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan does collecting cards take time.

A song for each character is a really good idea, they should go back to it!

They kind of did!

Yu Narukami/MC
Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satonaka
Yukiko Amagi
Kanji Tatsumi
Teddie/Kuma
Naoto Shirogane
Aigis
Mitsuru Kirijo
Akihiko Sanada
Labrys
Labrys 2
Shadow Labrys

inb4 Dantis

I've been putting more time into Persona 2: IS on my Vita. This game is rather grindy. I don't mind it for XP grinding, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan does collecting cards take time.

Tarots are the worst thing about P2. If you think getting Skill Cards in P1 sucked shinkansen, wait till you find out getting tarots in P2 is the same thing only you have to do it way more times!

Jintor

This is a nice take on chie. (Not original source though...)

/edit google image search says someone from danbooru so who knows. (It explains the comparatively massive chest though lol)

Not including progress loss because game over I guess? :D
I need to get back to this, 30 hour to rush sound neat to got through the damn 1st person dungeon, ugh..

25 hours is the time set in the game timer so without counting game overs, but there weren't many luckily. Just a few pretty nasty ones, but I lost only a couple of minutes each time.

They kind of did!

Arena is a... special case :)

Tarots are the worst thing about P2. If you think getting Skill Cards in P1 sucked shinkansen, wait till you find out getting tarots in P2 is the same thing only you have to do it way more times!

Hahahaha... ha... :(

Levito

Banned
The color scheme is meant to mimic the Persona 3 Portable main character select screen. :)

I like. It's a shame I can't see Margaret's face on my small screen though :(

We tried hard to get Margaret's face to work well on smaller monitors/resolutions, but it couldn't quite nail it. Tried our best though, looks fantastic on larger monitors.

Looks a lot better. I like how colourful it is.

My Margaret picture is better than I remembered, too.

Thanks again for the art, I really do love that Margaret.

My friend Tobiichi came up with the design, she's ridiculously talented. Very happy with how it turned out.

dkoy

The color scheme is meant to mimic the Persona 3 Portable main character select screen. :)

We tried hard to get Margaret's face to work well on smaller monitors/resolutions, but it couldn't quite nail it. Tried our best though, looks fantastic on larger monitors.

Thanks again for the art, I really do love that Margaret.

My friend Tobiichi came up with the design, she's ridiculously talented. Very happy with how it turned out.

TBH I don't see any way of making a design like that fit on a small screen but you tried anyway so kudos. I do like the P3P colour scheme :)

Meia

Glad to see you enjoyed it. I feel people are too hard on the first Persona. Here, listen to the character themes, its almost like, getting to know the characters in music form...a shame that the remake removed almost all the themes.

Eriko Kirishima
Reiji Kido
Hidehiko Uesugi "Brown"
Yuka Ayase
Yukino Mayuzumi
Maki Sonomura
Kei Nanjo
Masao Inaba "Mark"

I really dont get why modern Persona decided to move away from giving character's their own themes damn it. Listen to this shit:

2Positive4Me

Ever since Star Wars I've LOVED the idea of character themes, and wish more stuff did it. Considering how character based the modern Persona series is, I really am surprised they didn't do character themes for them. If they did, we wouldn't have to settle for some of the ones they picked for Arena. :p

And Maya's theme is still one of my favorite themes of the series. Just so good in any iteration(and there were many). I hear the song, and I just picture Maya with a big smile on her face crashing into something. :p

Persona 1 was an ok game. They really should have had the major story bits happen way earlier, as when the thing finally gets going you're reaching the ending. Most games that would have been the mid-way point.

PK Gaming

tumblr_m76p6xjgKx1r2moln.gif

Young Magus

He did watch part of it. I'm pretty sure it ended with him jumping through a window screaming a la
Morishige
from Corpse Party.

How far did he get into the series?
Also, I`m looking forward to your peace on the Lunar series cj, I picked up a copy of the PSX version of the first while I was in the states.

cj_iwakura

Also, I`m looking forward to your peace on the Lunar series cj, I picked up a copy of the PSX version of the first while I was in the states.

I'm halfway through the EB section. enjoy the rough draft if you like.

I keep getting sidetracked by fan translation stuff, but I'm still pecking at it. It's going to be roughly eight sections when I finish. (Sega CD 1 & 2, GameGear/Saturn Magical School!, PS1/Saturn 1 & 2, GBA Remake, DS shovelware prequel, PSP Remake)

Also, if you care about Suda 51's cool early stuff, I spent too many hours researching Kill The Past. (That series with the art style that would totally not suit P5.)

There are better shows for him to watch like Lain.

I say this as a huge fan of Lain(if my name wasn't any indication): Dantis would hate it.

Dantis

I watched the first five or six episodes. The last one I saw was, coincidentally, the one where someone jumps out of a window (Spike? Or maybe the guy he was fighting. I don't remember).

cj_iwakura

I watched the first five or six episodes. The last one I saw was, coincidentally, the one where someone jumps out of a window (Spike? Or maybe the guy he was fighting. I don't remember).

I'm kind of shocked you saw that episode and weren't chomping at the bit to see what happened next.

Dantis

I'm kind of shocked you saw that episode and weren't chomping at the bit to see what happened next.

Hmm? Does it even end on a cliffhanger?

Either way, it didn't grab me at all. The show wasn't bad, but I didn't actively enjoy any part of it. It wasn't funny or exciting or sharp or whatever.

But anyway, we're retreading old ground here.

It's been seven years since I saw Lain, but I thought Dantis would possibly like this series. Would he hate it because of the art style?

The show also has one of the best openings ever.

I've never even heard of Lain.

cj_iwakura

It's been seven years since I saw Lain, but I thought Dantis would possibly like this series. Would he hate it because of the art style?

I can think of a few scenes he would be very disturbed by at best.

Hmm? Does it even end on a cliffhanger?

In a sense.

I've never even heard of Lain.

It's a mixture of cyberpunk and conspiracy. A 13 year old girl gets caught up in the internet after her best friend commits suicide. She gets an email from Chisa after she dies, saying she's only 'crossed over'. From there the lines between the real world and the wired begin to blur.

It also has a very low-key art style.

Recently got a blu-ray release with one of the best remasters imaginable.

cjkeats

There's a Lain box set down to my local HMV that looks really nice. Or maybe I'm just intrigued by the big shiny box. Anyways, it's not too expensive, I was waiting for a chance to pick it up and watch it. Don;t think it's up for streaming anywhere.

Sophia

I prefer Texhnolyze to Lain, honestly. Lain is still great tho.

I'd love to see a modern SMT game (NOT Persona) with Texhnolyze's aesthetics.

cj_iwakura

I prefer Texhnolyze to Lain, honestly. Lain is still great tho.

I'd love to see a modern SMT game (NOT Persona) with Texhnolyze's aesthetics.

I have a hard time recommending Texhnolyze. Some of the best art ABe's ever done, easily, but the show itself is really confusing.

It does have the best opening of any ABe series, though. No easy feat.

Caladrius

Are y'all in the "Make Dantis like anime" part of the cycle?

No, we're in the "Try and convince Dantis to like an anime as an excuse to talk about anime" part of the cycle, which means we're closing in on another round of "the disturbing fanart" step. Brace yourself.

cj_iwakura

I have never seen Texhnolyze. I have to fix that after completing Hajime no Ippo.

Don't expect anything quite like Lain. Same writer and artist, different director. Lain was Ryutaro Nakamura's only work with ABe before his death(Despera would have been his second).

Sophia

No, we're in the "Try and convince Dantis to like an anime as an excuse to talk about anime" part of the cycle, which means we're closing in on another round of "the disturbing fanart" step. Brace yourself.

I prefer we go back to the "Talk about Persona instead of adding off topic posts to the postcount" cycle, seeing as that's the point of this topic. :p

Ya'll need to visit the chatroom more for off-topic convos. :|

Young Magus

I watched the first five or six episodes.

the first five or six episodes.

five or six episodes.

I don't know what to be angry at more....the fact that you quit or the fact that you quit while barely scratching the surface....

Necrovex

I prefer we go back to the "Talk about Persona instead of adding off topic posts to the postcount" cycle, seeing as that's the point of this topic. :p

Ya'll need to visit the chatroom more for off-topic convos. :|

Off topic discussions happen in anything community thread that is super specific. I remember being in the Katawa Shoujo thread and the constant off-topic talks that would happen there.

Plus when Persona 5 is announced in November or Persona 3: The Movie releases, we'll be trapped in Persona talk for a good number of months.

Don't expect anything quite like Lain. Same writer and artist, different director. Lain was Ryutaro Nakamura's only work with ABe before his death(Despera would have been his second).

This still hits me hard. :-(

Sophia

Off topic discussions happen in anything community thread that is super specific. I remember being in the Katawa Shoujo thread and the constant off-topic talks that would happen there.

Plus when Persona 5 is announced in November or Persona 3: The Movie releases, we'll be trapped in Persona talk for a good number of months.

Excuses!
Why can't P3 the movie come out faster in English? ;_;

cjkeats

First time hearing of Yoshitoshi ABe, but I recognize some of his work.
He's okay in my books
If that's even him, I'm seeing conflicting sources.

Hasn't drawn any persona from what I can find, speaking of..I haven't seen any guest persona art from artist I like. :(
I want to see Ume Aoki draw the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom