• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

To all of you in this page: I don't really care about spoilers (normally I actively search for spoilers before even starting something new) but for others they are a big deal. USE SPOILER MARKS

Gazoinks, delete or mark the spoilers in Superior's post.

FluxWaveZ

To all of you in this page: I don't really care about spoilers (normally I actively search for spoilers before even starting something new) but for others they are a big deal. USE SPOILER MARKS

Gazoinks, delete or mark the spoilers in Superior's post.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not...?

Edit: I labeled the name I posted since people are freaking out... but I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to be a P4A spoiler.

Sophia

Guys, when in doubt, use spoiler tags. If it happens at the tail end of story mode you DEFINITELY need to use story tags.

Sophia

I thought anything regarding P4A is all speculation though.

Anything end game related should be put under spoiler tags, even if you're speculating about it. In regards to Persona 4 Arena and it's sequel, for example, you'd want to spoiler anything that doesn't happen in arcade mode.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to Terraria to craft me a new sarcasm detector!

FluxWaveZ

Anything end game related should be put under spoiler tags, even if you're speculating about it. In regards to Persona 4 Arena and it's sequel, for example, you'd want to spoiler anything that doesn't happen in arcade mode.

What's been spoiled concerning P4A's story mode?

Edit: Or maybe the answer's supposed to be nothing. Confusing page.

Sophia

What's been spoiled concerning P4A's story mode?

Edit: Or maybe the answer's supposed to be nothing. Confusing page.

All Persona game spoilers here:
I was referring to your post before you edited. Nyarlathotep's name should never be name dropped without spoiler tags because he only shows up at the tail end of P1/P2/P4A. He is effectively what TV Tropes would call a Walking Spoiler. Thank you for tagging that up btw.

FluxWaveZ

All Persona game spoilers here:
I was referring to your post before you edited. Nyarlathotep's name should never be name dropped without spoiler tags because he only shows up at the tail end of P1/P2/P4A. He is effectively what TV Tropes would call a Walking Spoiler. Thank you for tagging that up btw.

I dunno, I still think this is a case of making a spoiler bigger than it is, thus potentially actually spoiling things for other people. No game was mentioned other than P4A, and none of us know whether the character appears in P4A or P4A2 so it's just speculation.

Caladrius

Clearly I am a harbinger of awkwardness.

image.php

Sophia

Before the announcement of the P4A sequel,
I would have expected him in Persona 5. Now that the sequel has been announced. I imagine he'll be orchestrating the events that lead into Persona 5 in the future, but otherwise will only have a prominent role within P4A2's story. Nyarly tends to do things in the background anyhow.

Hey guys, what'd I miss?

A miserable little pile of secrets.

Marche90

Most likely. Or the Judgement. Can't be too sure.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not...?

Edit: I labeled the name I posted since people are freaking out... but I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to be a P4A spoiler.

About what I said about actively hunting for spoilers? I'm serious. For me a story is about seeing the journey, not how it ends or the what methods the characters used to get there, and I use those spoilers to see if the story is interesting or not

FluxWaveZ

About what I said about actively hunting for spoilers? I'm serious. For me a story is about seeing the journey, not how it ends or the what methods the characters used to get there, and I use those spoilers to see if the story is interesting or not

No, that's not what I meant. I also take spoilers seriously, but I wasn't sure if you were referring to something that was said before by Gazoinks or not.

Rhapsody

Banned
Most likely. Or the Judgement. Can't be too sure.

I think Fluxwave was referring to "Gazoinks, delete or mark the spoilers in Superior's post."

Edit: same time post. Guess I'll just leave my post the way it is.

cj_iwakura

I don't really see the point of playing a version of the game that's been completely deprecated by newer versions. :p

That'd be like going back to the original Japanese release of Shin Megami Tensei 3.

Well, the only real difference is not having Orpheus Kai to fall back on. I had to make eight specialized Persona.

Which was honestly the most fun part.

Gazoinks

How would you guys feel if they announced a full fledged P3 remake for PS3 or Vita instead of P5 in November?

Humongously disappointed, but also kind of happy? I mean, I imagine most Persona fans wish there was a fully definitive version of P3, but I'd really like them to just move on.

Gazoinks

I'd be down for an If remake. Seems like it's the most interesting of the older games. I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of one of the Demi-kids games too, just for kicks.

There were some Fire Emblem-y old SMT games, weren't there? It'd be cool to see those around again.

Oh wait... :p

I would love a remake of the early SMT games, I'm interested in them but I'm not much for retro JRPGs.

fertygo

I'm just having though for awhile, what if there's another P3 enhancement but this time is FeMC exclusive? (no Makoto option in the game)
Will there be backlash?

The reasoning for that is the new addition like anime cutscene (That gonna totally new if they doing it for FeMC) and they couldn't bothering to redoing for normal MC.

I'll welcome it for sure, but you know.. fandom.

^Yea, that series got a spiritual successor in the Devil Survivor series yo

Yes there would be a big backlash, I would be one of the pissed ones. No P3 remake until at LEAST P5 is out. *Crosses arms*

I'd be down for an If remake. Seems like it's the most interesting of the older games. I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of one of the Demi-kids games too, just for kicks.

Witness the origins of the Persona Universe and Tamaki Uchida/Tammy of P1/P2IS/P2EP fame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom