• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Probably Tartarus appearing in the Midnight Channel.

Either that or someone's been playing too much Chrono Phantasma.

It's the whole premise of P4A2's story:
The game is set only a few days after the events of Persona 4 Arena. The Midnight Channel returns once more featuring a new tournament by the name of "P-1 Climax" and soon afterwards, a mysterious red fog starts to cover Inaba. People start to disappear, the real world starts to appear like the world inside of the TV and space-time itself starts to distort.

Mitsuru Kirijo appears on television crucified. SEES and the Investigation Team decide to form a new group devoted to saving Mitsuru and the others who appeared on TV as well as finding out who is behind all of this. They then find out that Shadow versions of themselves are ready to prevent them from accomplishing their goals.

It's why so many people were joking that Sho could be the weapons store owner.

kewlmyc

Could still easily give FemC some love in the movie.

"And this is my sister!"

That's some great fanservice.

"This is my sister, she died horribly in a car crash 10 years ago."

She'll probably have some sort of cameo at some point in the trilogy. Probably in the last movie when
everyone awakes from their coffins during the Nyx battle. It's be a good place to throw in cameos for a lot of characters.

They can do practically whatever they want in P4A2's story mode if space-time is going wonky. In Makoto Yuki's case, they could
have him return as his actual self from another dimension ala P1, only as a Shadow, as the "Malevolent Entity's" vessel...

Not that I'm totally convinced that he'll make it.

ID RATHER A P1 OR A P2 BUT ITS NOT LIKE THATS ANY LESS CRAZY YO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2SPOOKY4U

why am i yelling

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh my gord.

yHeJXTE.png

Even if you don't like the block pushing, that should get you through the game super easy and you can experience the story.

Thanks, I may do that!

I'm going to try finishing it on normal difficulty first though. There's something about selecting 'easy' that just rubs me the wrong way. If I really get tired of it, I'll switch to Very Easy, so I can see how it ends at least.

Because it kills you that "the"Persona fighting game doesn't include your favorite Persona characters.

It's ok. We can hug it out :)

That lunge! I swear to god, if they use a generic name for that move...

but Yukari and Junpei and Mitsuru (due to P4A) and Yukiko (Who I dont play but still!) and Kanji (Same) are in....

:(

Thanks, I may do that!

I'm going to try finishing it on normal difficulty first though. There's something about selecting 'easy' that just rubs me the wrong way. If I really get tired of it, I'll switch to Very Easy, so I can see how it ends at least.

If you get stuck you could go on youtube and check some videos to pick up techniques.

And OMG Persona talk =P, back later XD making OT takes a while especially with the lack of English screenshots lol

Dr. Buni

Could still easily give FemC some love in the movie.

"And this is my sister!"
She deserves more than that :| I'd rather they not mention her instead, like Leaf wasn't mentioned in Pokémon The Origins.
I am extremely pleased to see that Yukari's theme appears to be a Power Rangers/Super Sentai-esque theme.
Me too! I really enjoyed some Super Sentai shows I've watched. Plus, her new outfit is cute.

Squire

Banned
Nah, that's on Naoto since she's an actual fan (I think).

Oh really? That's going to be interesting, if so.

And reflecting on her dungeon, that totally fits with Nao's character, despite the fact I never would've thought of it. Good work, Atlus.

FluxWaveZ

Hmm? When does it say this?

Again, I might be wrong, but I'm thinking of two things: Naoto's gadgets and her Secret Base. Those might just be inspired by the unrelated spy shows she mentions and not Phoenix Ranger, though. Though, if there's any character that would gush about meeting a Phoenix Ranger actor and then be embarrassed about it afterwards, I'd think of Naoto.

At least Kanji straight up says he's a fan.

Kanji is a fan of the show right? or was.

New movie trailer is neat. Motorbikes are cool. Shinji headbutting that guy is great to see in full animation.

Hmm? When does it say this?

I don't remember this, but SMT wiki says that Naoto's dungeon is referenced to "being similar to many of the secret bases found in such shows"

Necrovex

So I discovered a movie theater, which is only 40 minutes away, that has shown the Madoka Magica films, including the new one in a few weeks. So this fills me with hope that I won't have to wait half-a-year to see the Persona 3 film!

Also, the trailers continue to fill me with hype.

Dantis

Again, I might be wrong, but I'm thinking of two things: Naoto's gadgets and her Secret Base. Those might just be inspired by the unrelated spy shows she mentions and not Phoenix Ranger, though. Though, if there's any character that would gush about meeting a Phoenix Ranger actor and then be embarrassed about it afterwards, I'd think of Naoto.

At least Kanji straight up says he's a fan.

Ah.

Yeah, I don't think it's ever explicitly said. I always imagined her to be into more Sherlock Holmes style stuff, but maybe that's just me.

I don't remember this, but SMT wiki says that Naoto's dungeon is referenced to "being similar to many of the secret bases found in such shows"

Maybe. I don't think there's an explicit reference to her being a fan is all I'm saying.

Super Sentai stuff is less detective and more superhero, right? I don't know much about it.

I sort of hope that they move to the psuedo-3D portraits (like those seen in the new mobile Agito game) for most of the cutscenes if they keep the style they've had in the pasts. Catherine-style cutscenes would be really cool, but like others have said, they probably lack the manpower and resources to do so outside of big story events.

That all said, I wouldn't even be mad at all if they kept the 2D portrait style they've been using. The character portraits are almost always teeming with personality.

Also, nice OT Dantis.

Maybe. I don't think there's an explicit reference to her being a fan is all I'm saying.

Super Sentai stuff is less detective and more superhero, right? I don't know much about it.

Yep, think Power Rangers, and yeah, it doesn't explicitly say its to do with Phoenix Ranger Featherman R.

Sure, I loved Power Rangers when I was like six.

That was definitely not something I'd associate with Naoto's character though, so I assumed that there was more to it.

Well Naoto is somewhat immature, and she did say she was a tomboy as a kid and liked robots and the like

plus when you get to her dungeon Yosuke remarks how much it reminds him of Sentai shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom