• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

persona_hypno_igor_by_ipswich67-d4rdfde.gif

Well I'm gonna be sleeping well tonight after seeing that.

Dantis

Dantis, this is amazing. Why were you holding out on us :d

Lol! I'm glad you like it. Yukiko next!

Guess what, folks? It's officially my birthday today. I'm gonna spend the day downtown with my friends and then go back home and watch Hot Fuzz on Blu-Ray for the 27th time.

Oh, and there will be candy.

Lots.

And lots.

Of candy.

I have a sweet tooth the size of East Texas :3

Happy birthday!

Seeing Mitsuru's win quote against Yukari makes me like it more:

She just doesn't know what the hell she's doing when it comes to how she dresses. It actually might be an optimal suit for battle (aside from the fur coat), too.
I hate this kind of stuff. So dumb.

kewlmyc

Guess what, folks? It's officially my birthday today. I'm gonna spend the day downtown with my friends and then go back home and watch Hot Fuzz on Blu-Ray for the 27th time.

Lots.

And lots.

Of candy.

Happy Birthday.

Meia

HAPPY BIRFDAY! :D

And they didn't do anything to Kanji. He finally found something fuzzy that's "letting" him pet it.

Lots.

And lots.

Of candy.

I'd wish you a happy birthday, but with that schedule it sounds like you're going to have a blast regardless.

Happy birthday ScraftyBro, say hi to Sgt. Angel for me... I should probably watch Hot Fuzz too...

Edit: all the talk of Jungian Psyche in the last page got me all excited, although I feel it's a little late to interject on the whole
Adachi/Yu
discussion, I would like to say that the psychological ideas expressed in these games, especially 4, is the exact reason I first fell in love with the series and I'm most excited to see the Jungian undertones in P5 (although obviously they're not going to be as explicit as they were in P4)

Jintor

Your birthday is Chinese new year, Scrafty, so there were a shitload of fireworks and we had a big feast. In your name of course

PK Gaming

Lots.

And lots.

Of candy.

Happy Birthday bro!

Sounds like you set up one hell of a day.

Moonlight

Banned

Lots.

And lots.

Of candy.

Happy birthday, dude!

Lots.

And lots.

Of candy.

Happy Birthday, Scrafty! :D

EDIT:

Here's a new Junpei avatar for your birthday!

junpei_iori___persona_4_ultra_suplex_hold_avatar_by_darkside989-d74hgy9.png

This new Sho guy is cray cray. He can combo from a super into his super from his super into another super? What a weirdo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EzCqhbd4m4

EDIT: Oh, it starts from a fatal, lol.

Best response possible lol

But yeah even though some of those are probably impractical as hell, it is cool to see some shit he can do, I wanna try and sub him when the game comes out on console.
I don't like Mitsuru's design in P4A. Her fur coat and onesie are dumb as fuck. Random, but I was just thinking about that game.
I'm fine with it being dumb as fuck actually. She says it herself in P3 that she isn't in tune with fashion much and just wears what outfits are picked out for her. I like thinking of her P4A outfit as what happens when she finally tries to pick out clothes for herself, but it goes horribly wrong because she doesn't know what she should be wearing for a stealth operation vs what she actually picked being exaggerated and easy to draw attention to herself with.

And let's not forget how stealthy riding around Inaba in a limo is, for further hilarity

Lots.

And lots.

Of candy.

Happy birthday man!

Soriku

Lots.

And lots.

Of candy.

YHVH bless you on your day of birth...I mean happy birthday.

J0Tw0rnl.jpg

gXk9zD0l.jpg

I have the best loved ones ever.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, friends! You're the best! Around! Nothing's gonna ever keep you down!

And thank you so much for the Steam game, TWILT; I've had my eye on it for a while :)

Dantis

I only just realised that Yukari's hair in Arena is literally just a slightly longer version of her P3 hair. It's barely changed at all.

Meia

I only just realised that Yukari's hair in Arena is literally just a slightly longer version of her P3 hair. It's barely changed at all.

It's longer and dips up on either side of her head, which wasn't the case in the original? It's like the hairstyle their homeroom teacher Toriumi has.

Sophia

Lots.

And lots.

Of candy.

Yet another person with a superior January birthday. Happy birthday, Scrafty!!!!!!!!

Would be a lot harder/annoying to get longer hair into the sentai helmet all the time.

In real life, there's a separate actor for the character outside of suit and inside of suit. Coincidentally, all the suit actors have short hair like that.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I'm sure Social Networking will have a part in P5. Perhaps even a key element of the story perhaps, like the TVs in 4. What do you guys think?

Yeah. Most characters look a bit different in them. It's actually kind of cool looking, but somewhat strange.

Is there any other art to use for an older Yukari though? The one with the bow is just the same style and I can't find a sprite sheet.

I like them, thought not all, I'll have to see them all again to remember what ones I don't like though.

Dantis

Is there any other art to use for an older Yukari though? The one with the bow is just the same style and I can't find a sprite sheet.

I like them, thought not all, I'll have to see them all again to remember what ones I don't like though.

Her hair is a lot different on the one with the bow. It's much closer to the P3 Drama CD picture that I posted.

MSMrRound

I'm sure Social Networking will have a part in P5. Perhaps even a key element of the story perhaps, like the TVs in 4. What do you guys think?

People who got their picture retweeted by the @MidnightBot Twitter account at the stroke of midnight died a mysterious death. Cause of death: "why can't I get enough followers/favs for my tweets?" The Investigation team have to save those Twitter users by #Follow Friday-ing them in order to keep the shadows away.

RaikuHebi

Banned
People who got their picture retweeted by the @MidnightBot Twitter account at the stroke of midnight died a mysterious death. Cause of death: "why can't I get enough followers/favs for my tweets?" The Investigation team have to save those Twitter users by #Follow Friday-ing them in order to keep the shadows away.
Characters will have to fight against their digital selves :p.

Trigger

Happy b-day Scrafty! :D

Well, I think it would certainly be an interesting angle. Social media is so entwined with modern youth culture. I don't know many teens who aren't on some site or another.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In real life, there's a separate actor for the character outside of suit and inside of suit. Coincidentally, all the suit actors have short hair like that.

For the filmed stuff sure, but I'm assuming Yukari's particular group also do a lot of live shows. Would have to depend on if there's any scenes where helmets have to come off as opposed to the "run off the stage and alternate-in-full-costume jumps in" sort of thing.

Pls

EMT0

Banned
I'm hella late to this but Happy Birthday Scrafty :)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who finds Yukari's new hairstyle a bit...strange. I thought it looked like a helmet at first glance, but them's the jokes, considering she was wearing one.

Levito

Banned
Happy Birthday Scrafty! Looks like you got some phat loots. :D

Another VA is coming on the podcast soon. I probably shouldn't mention it here cause a couple recent guests have fallen through, but you probably already know who I'm talking about.

Top Bottom