• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

n7pQmoS.png

Redrawing Sho's mouth improves a lot, I think.

He still has a very feminine face though (particularly his eyes), when he doesn't in his other art. It's kind of weird.

I am not impressed with P4U's new artwork at all. Such a shame, since like 90% of the assets are recycled from P4A.

Bad art for a bad game, M I RITE?

This might not be the right time, but I drew Aigis...

This is great!

Is it just me or does Sho look like a girl in that portrait.

He sorta looks like a final fantasy character, which is basically a male that looks female :)

That is lovely. Do you plan on adding color?

Quit calling Rise a rat on crack or I'll body you :mad:

Myyyy mistakee.

1570e5t.png

Ratse. :p

Pepiman, thanks for the sub trailer. Labrys sounds so much better in japanese.

I just got the first one and Innocent Sin from the sale. Should I play them in order?

As an addendum to this, it isn't absolutely necessary to play it, but you'll miss out on a tremendous amount of callbacks, and several characters come from the first game.

I bought & started P2: Innocent Sin and feel like I'm missing out by not playing P1 (way too many references to earlier events). I'll have to read a wiki.

Setsu00

You know, I really like how the draft lines gives it the rough look. I would love to draw like that, my draft lines always look like shit.

That's something a friend of mine told me as well concerning another picture. While the lines are clean, they are a lot less dynamic than the sketch. I guess I'll aim for something rougher next time.

That is lovely. Do you plan on adding color?

I do, yes. It's just that I'm currently busy with my law studies so I'm not sure when I'll get to do that.

arue

What's with the unusually wide mouth in the new Soejima artwork? They look super rushed.

Redrawing Sho's mouth improves a lot, I think.

He still has a very feminine face though (particularly his eyes), when he doesn't in his other art. It's kind of weird.

I was about to fix it myself too, but I guess you're good enough to do it :p

That's a nice drawing! Like what others said before, I like the rough lines in your drawings.

Xenoflare

I would just rather they kept Rise's old artwork in Arena
p4a_risette_5802.png

I don't even know how her Ultimax artwork got okayed in the first place. It's just ugly.

It's really jarring to see how the P4 cast retains their original artworks, but the P3 characters looks way to flashy to be taken seriously. I know that it's been a while since the end of P3 but still.....

P4G ending is like this too. Yosuke's neck oh god why.

Dantis

I would just rather they kept Rise's old artwork in Arena
p4a_risette_5802.png

I don't even know how her Ultimax artwork got okayed in the first place. It's just ugly.

It's really jarring to see how the P4 cast retains their original artworks, but the P3 characters looks way to flashy to be taken seriously. I know that it's been a while since the end of P3 but still.....

P4G ending is like this too. Yosuke's neck oh god why.

That's Rise's win pose artwork.

And I agree on the P3 artwork.

What's with the unusually wide mouth in the new Soejima artwork? They look super rushed.
They do, and they probably are.

Sophia

Labrys's trailer has some interesting story implications:
Only an hour to save the world, and at one point she's going back to Yakushima with Kurosawa for some reason. That appears to be a similar room to the one from her story mode in the first game.

You're good. That's awesome art. :O

FluxWaveZ

Labrys's trailer has some interesting story implications:
Only an hour to save the world, and at one point she's going back to Yakushima with Kurosawa for some reason. That appears to be a similar room to the one from her story mode in the first game.

Was the duration of the Dark Hour supposed to be one actual hour in P3? If so, it could be another part of how something resembling the Dark Hour has presumably returned, and how the events going on in Inaba are linked to that. Yukari's trailer shows that something weird is going on with locations in general, since she finds herself in Club Escapade, much to her surprise.

There've been some interesting story hints with each of these P4AU trailer thus far. I'm interested in seeing what the implication is that OG Shadow Labrys and P4AU S. Labrys have separate character pages on the official website, with different coloring, different descriptions and apparently different associated trailers.

Dantis

I thought you explicitly said you were against any story relevant weight being carried by the spin-off Persona games?

I am, and I doubt I'll play through Ultimax's story mode.

I'm saying, you know, it would be interesting as a general thing, rather than interesting to me personally.

I'm curious, I thought SMT4 was renowned but it seems like quite a number of people are having issues with it. What are the common issues and how does it fare to SMT3?

There are a lot of weird choices with the pacing and the characters. (Nothing here is super spoilery if you've played as SMT game before - it's mostly about how SMT4 botches the ~Alignment Warz~, but still I know some of y'all are playing it for the first time so)
It's not unusual for characters to go off the deep end in SMT games (it is a central theme, you see), but since they're standing next to the player 90% of the game and are quite chatty, the craziness ends up coming out of nowhere and feeling more forced than usual.

Like, take SMT3, where the characters are mostly off by themselves, but when you do see them you get glimpses into where their Reason came from (except Hikawa), or in SJ where the characters also spend a lot of time away from the player and Law/Chaos seeds are planted early (Mastema rescuing Zelenin from demons, Jimenez bonding with Bugaboo). In both these cases, it's easier to see/assume how/that the characters are shaped by their experiences while they're exploring the Vortex/Schwarzwelt. But since the cast of SMT4 is pretty much always with the player and comment on just about everything that happens, there's just this sudden leap that comes out of nowhere.

I'm not gonna pretend that SMT has ever been a bastion of subtlety, but SMT4 is really jarring and not in a good way. It's disappointing coming on the heels of SJ and the first Devil Survivor.

Persona-related:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom