• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
irHt51E.png

Name: Persona GAF RPG
Engine: Rpgmaker XP/VX
Consoles: PC and Ngage
Release date: TBC

The following positions and characters are not meant to be taken seriously in any shape or form. If you are offended or would like something changed or removed, let me know.

Apply for any position or character that suits you(President, Supreme Ruler, Tramp, Programmer, Writer, etc, etc)

Although there are some individuals on this forum that are more talented than others, it would be nice if everyone could contribute towards the game. (Artwork, music, scenarios etc). This is a community project after all.

Positions
Pepsiman = Executive Producer
Lulu = Co-Director, Writer and Coder
Smed = CEO of PGAF Studios
Scraftydevil = Writer, Team leader for Voiceovers
Inorigo = Designer
RockderBanja = Scenario writer, voice work
Wellbattle = Programmer
Vox Chaotica = Writer/program Voice work
Ljrivarola = Music composer.
Guess who = Music composer
Dantis = Artist
Spectrasonic = Programmer
Reanimatoin = Voice Over
SpacePirate Ridley = Artist

Positions wanted
Voice overs
Programmers
Artists
Writers

Characters

MC = Junior Gaf Member
Scraftydevil = A goofy ass boss that everyone complains about on Gaf and gamefaqs
inorigo = Rival character for Dantis
Jello = Badass Casey Jones type character
Rockder banja = Innkeeper that tells you rumours which lead to quests (kanji type personality)
CorvoSol = Overpriced shopkeeper
Levit0 = Former PGAF wrestler that sold his soul to hollywood. Runs his own podcast for the Working man and working woman.
Moonlight = Merchant
Lolipop dave = Love interest for the main character and general photoshop troll :p
Arue = Annoying character that gives out impossible quests
Vox Chaotica = Random knee jerk reaction sort of character
Will Smith = WILL SMITH
Smed = Has a passion for fighting games. Loves Mahvel!!!
Shadow Smed = A conflicted character who believes hes not good enough for the group? identity crisis character
Guess who = Guess who?
Buddha = Positive guy
Shadow Buddha = Evil Oracle that guides Lulu
Soriku = Shady baddass character (shinji?)
Reanimatoin = Merchant that doesnt go to sleep on time.
Sophia = Robot that works for PEES (PGAF Extracurricular Execution Squad)
Lulu = Mad psychotic lunatic that wants to take over the world with his ocular power
Pepsi man = Bro character and most trustworthy friend of the MC (in other words, he's da man)
Dantis = Velvet room assistant and secret last boss. Master Artist
Shadow Dantis = Loves catsuits??
Flux = Shadow character that is a master at translating Japanese.
Armada = An intelligent and informative badass.
Caladrius = easily-disposed villain that's a mixture of fabulous and absolutely terrifying.
RedGraveXIII = scumbag rare enemy that never spawns when you want him to!
Pan-hime = Oracle, that guides the player while saying snarky shit and SNRKin
Hot Coldman = TBD
Marche90 = Random dude who gives out quests
Ganzlinger = Junior GAF Member that hangs out with MC asking "where are the girls on GAF?" everytime. (Junpei type personality)
LegionAgent = Character that makes bad puns
Nimby = DEATH!!!!
MiguelMexMIstery = guy that hangs out with MC and talks both English and Spanish
Setsu00 = The most pessimistic character known to man.
Jintor = A passionate and popular Gaffer that enjoys the fine arts.
Shadow Jintor = A character that believes he's not recognized as legitimate personagaffer. Tends to go on strike

Game Details
Slinks
Dungeon crawling
SLinkFm
etc

Remember this isn't suppose to be taken seriously. If you want something changed, it shall be done.

If ive missed anything, let me know.

Rpgmaker can be purchased at the following link for $1

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly?rpgmaker_weekly&utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble%20Weekly%20Bundle%20RPG%20Maker

PGAF: Dancing All Night (TBC)

Nimby

Banned
So, I don't know anything about this RPG Maker. How is this supposed to work? How is everyone gonna play this?

It's software to make a 2D RPG, I don't know how it works as I haven't had any experience with it. You just upload the game and people download it and play. Look up Ib, The Witch's House, and Ao Oni if you want examples.

It's software to make a 2D RPG, I don't know how it works as I haven't had any experience with it. You just upload the game and people download it and play. Look up Ib, The Witch's House, and Ao Oni if you want examples.

Thanks for the answer. Can you play it online?

Oh baby. I am so ready to make this thing. SO READY. As I said before, I can help with writing, programming, and voice acting~

I will also personally write and voice act all of my character's lines of knee-jerk reaction dialogue. :V

Moonlight

Banned
I think we really shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. RPG Maker VX is a limited tool. Not super limited, but if there's anyone sincere about making it a reality, it's going to crash and burn before it even begins if everyone gets enthusiastic about stuff like 'voice acting' and 'social links' and the like. Worst thing that you can do for group projects like this is getting too big for your britches.

Like, at most, if it's a real thing, I imagine a funny, slightly vain little 20 minute thing with dumb references to pineapple pizza and Sho puns.

....Can I just be The Oracle, the one who guides the player while saying snarky shit and SNRKin?

:p

You straight up copy pasted me lel.

Also, I know he isnt PersonaGAF, but her brother Alam should be a secret boss called the DOOM-Bringer, who does PSO2 attacks lel.

Lemstar NEEEEEDS to be a merchant man.

I think we really shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. RPG Maker VX is a limited tool. Not super limited, but if there's anyone sincere about making it a reality, it's going to crash and burn before it even begins if everyone gets enthusiastic about stuff like 'voice acting' and 'social links' and the like. Worst thing that you can do for group projects like this is getting too big for your britches.

Like, at most, if it's a real thing, I imagine a funny, slightly vain little 20 minute thing with dumb references to pineapple pizza and Sho puns.

It should be Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden length at best, which is only a few hours long.

I think the top ten posters should be playable, so

Smedwicks 505
CorvoSol 444
Dantis 424
FluxWaveZ 414
Inorigo 392
LelouchViBritannia 354
kewlmyc 349
buddha0991 335
PK Gaming 327
Sophia 302

I think the final team count + New Poster MC should be 8 team mates, so 3 of us should only be temporary. Lelouch and I both agreed to be temporary, so who else should be?

Oh also, Dantis should have some importance as, THE CREATOR, you know, the OP?

Smedwicks 505
CorvoSol 444
Dantis 424
FluxWaveZ 414
Inorigo 392
LelouchViBritannia 354
kewlmyc 349
buddha0991 335
PK Gaming 327
Sophia 302

I think the final team count + New Poster MC should be 8 team mates, so 3 of us should only be temporary. Lelouch and I both agreed to be temporary, so who else should be?

Oh also, Dantis should have some importance as, THE CREATOR, you know, the OP?
Dantis should be a late game, secret party member akin to Dante from Nocturne.

I also laughed way too long at Yosque.

Wazzy

Banned
Alright I'm going to finish Hollow Forest today and the game. I put it off to install XIV but now I really want to finish the game so I can move on to 3.

Well fine, I'll make my own game, with blackjack and hookers.

Go for it :p

Good casting.

This post made me LOL hard.

Dantis should have some importance as, THE CREATOR, you know, the OP?

I like this idea. It would also be awesome to get Pepsiman on the main cast aswell, as the rpg game was his idea originally.

Dantis and the rest of you can choose whoever you want to be. The character descriptions were based on previous posts and tongue and cheek jokes on my part.

Remember, this is OUR game. Anything you guys want to include or change, say the word. Let's just get all our ideas, casting, and jobs on the table, then we can organize them and proceed accordingly.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Keep it coming :)

I have zero insight, applicable skills, or readily available talents to contribute to the RPG project.

But what I can do is observe from the sidelines and wish y'all luck. I guess I could playtest or give feedback as an outsider *shrug*. Either way, I eagerly await to see this project unfold! ^_^

Caladrius

So would a reasonable length for this be like, 6-10 hours?

I don't know how difficult making games like this is.

-

Unrelated, but I'm rather enjoying Revengeance so far. I stopped at the start of the third full mission. How much longer is the game?

Since I know who my first opponent is going to be in the tournament, and we both know who we're going to use, I decided to make this for fun :D

9HMHSuBl.png

What do y'all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom