• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember how my mind was blown when Yu first spoke("IT'S ONLY NATURAL!!!") in that P4 Arena E3 trailer 2 year ago. I'm hoping the same will happen with Makoto.

I know it's not like full sentences, but here's some voice clips of Makoto. It's mostly grunts though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbnj-C4ktb4
Which after hearing this I think they should keep Yuri as his V.A. I think it sounds different enough from Yosuke

FluxWaveZ

I know it's not like full sentences, but here's some voice clips of Makoto. It's mostly grunts though:
Which after hearing this I think they should keep Yuri as his V.A. I think it sounds different enough from Yosuke.

...Holy crap. After hearing this, they NEED to switch VAs if he's back in some form. Man, that was awful. Totally just realized that, or remembered that, now.

And it is totally different from my vision of Makoto. If Yuri's reprising him, at least in the PQ role, he needs to sound way more low-key. Maybe it'd sound better when the character's not yelling in a battle context.

Yosuke tapping into his hidden Wild Card ability.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Which after hearing this I think they should keep Yuri as his V.A. I think it sounds different enough from Yosuke.

Personally, I'd be fine with them recasting Makoto :p. That's mainly because Yuri Lowenthall's voice is just so distinct to me at this point it'd be kind of weird. But who knows maybe he has a vocal range I'm not aware of.

...Holy crap. After hearing this, they NEED to switch VAs if he's back in some form. Man, that was awful. Totally just realized that, or remembered that, now.

And it is totally different from my vision of Makoto. If Yuri's reprising him, at least in the PQ role, he needs to sound way more low-key. Maybe it'd sound better when the character's not yelling in a battle context.

I guess after listening some more it does just sound like a higher pitched Yosuke. Also found some more voice clips: Potential Persona 3 Spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcLZTwwx9PA
Edit: If for whatever reason, you hacked Persona 3 and used a party member's persona, they included voice clips for the summoning.

Oh wow, that is EXACTLY Yosuke's voice.

Sophia

Lowenthal can do a much lower voice range for Makoto. It probably isn't a big deal. He's not a one trick pony, despite the fact that everyone casts him for the same voice. >_>;

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Lowenthal can do a much lower voice range for Makoto. It probably isn't a big deal. He's not a one trick pony, despite the fact that everyone casts him for the same voice. >_>;

I'm playing Tales of the Abyss while also replaying p3 and p4. I CANT HANDLE ALL THIS YURI(intentional hurr hurr hurr)

tumblr_n6g8hyYgAi1szur55o1_1280.jpg
(P3P S Link)

That was the most underrated love confession in Persona series.

Which after hearing this I think they should keep Yuri as his V.A. I think it sounds different enough from Yosuke

Heh, some of these names are difficult to say in such a small time frame. "yamata no orochi" is harder to say fast compared to something like "seth". I wouldn't have recognized if I didn't know the persona ahead of time.

"Ghoul" makes me chuckle.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Being told you're as likable as something as transient and blase as food isn't terribly flattering.

Kenji ain't no fan of bullshit cup noodles or ramen that comes in a packet. He's talking about the fresh stuff:

Now while I'm a bigger fan of some other Japanese dishes, that is a real man's ramen and I can totally understand why Kenji would be into it. The fresh stuff is super great over there! Go have it out on a street stall on a walk home from school or work and mmm.

Final Persona Q first set of character trailers: Marie and Theodore.

Atlus, I'm not even done with Elizabeth and Margaret's yet.

DNAbro

Oh Marie's poetry is back.

I actually liked that about her.

Also been playing through Golden again, and my current gripe is that the main story ignores your relationship almost completely. This has been said so many times but for P5 the social link stuff shouldn't remained bubbled off from the main story. I realize this is much more difficult, but at least get the characters to acknowledge the relationship I'm currently in.

And for anyone wondering, I chose Yukiko cause she is best girl.
and because they game won't let me choose Kanji or Yosuke.

Caladrius

Kenji ain't no fan of bullshit cup noodles or ramen that comes in a packet. He's talking about the fresh stuff:

Now while I'm a bigger fan of some other Japanese dishes, that is a real man's ramen and I can totally understand why Kenji would be into it. The fresh stuff is super great over there! Go have it out on a street stall on a walk home from school or work and mmm.

I can't stand watery stuff, so I'm afraid I'll have to take your word on it.

The point that Kenji could use more tact still stands though!

Sophia

Oh Marie's poetry is back.

I actually liked that about her.

I'm a firm supporter of Marie's poems. Need more teen angst in my life, I miss it.

You people didn't have to suffer hearing the Japanese versions of the poems over the course of 72 hours with limited sleep. You people don't know what Hell is like. ;_;

After approximately 30 minutes of work, I present a colour version of Dantis' drawing brought to you by photoshop.
Edit: Attempt #2

You can't use the image tags on the HTML page. You have to use the direct link on the side there. Also remember that when you use image tags around a large image, make sure to quote it so that it scales down and doesn't take up the whole page unless people click on it.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Confession, I actually thought Kenji was pretty ok until I started frequenting Neogaf :p
But real talk he's super oblivious not sure what Rio sees in him.
Theo's rockin' that apron btw

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I can't stand watery stuff, so I'm afraid I'll have to take your word on it.

The point that Kenji could use more tact still stands though!

Point taken. I just wanted to facetiously emphasize that Kenji isn't a complete lunatic. :) I would still argue that it's worth giving the real thing a shot if you ever have the opportunity because Japanese cuisine is super fussy about texture, especially in dishes that rely on a good broth like ramen. The best stuff has flavor that gets absorbed by the noodles and is really just used as a medium to make it easier to swallow en masse with chopstick and it's lovely. <3

But I agree that Kenji was a dolt, good intentions aside. I don't think I knew of a guy in high school who was much smoother than him, though, ahaha.

Ok, members of Investigation League:

PhantomGaming
Spectrasonic
Lollipop Dave
Vox Chaotica
Reanimatoin
Bruce
InsaneElite
Silky

Would you all be available on June 14th throughout the day for the King's Games: Investigation League? This would be a largely all day affair, and I can figure out starting time if/when it's confirmed, but you'd be cool to drop out if you're eliminated.

Let me know guys, thanks.

Edit: Made a mistake with date, was looking at the wrong month on my phone's calendar, lol.

So yes, Saturday June 14th

Caladrius

But I agree that Kenji was a dolt, good intentions aside. I don't think I knew of a guy in high school who was much smoother than him, though, ahaha.

I knew a couple of pretty charismatic people in high school, actually.
Only one of them was an overachiever!
Were I a fairer fellow I would have asked some of them out.

Of course I'm super selective about friends so it could just be that I mostly picked members from the minority.

Next you're going to tell me that you don't like pho either.
chansub-global-emoticon-1ddcc54d77fc4a61-28x28.png

I feel ill. x __ x

Ok, members of Investigation League:

PhantomGaming
Spectrasonic
Lollipop Dave
Vox Chaotica
Reanimatoin
Bruce
InsaneElite
Silky

Would you all be available on June 12th throughout the day for the King's Games: Investigation League? This would be a largely all day affair, and I can figure out starting time if/when it's confirmed, but you'd be cool to drop out if you're eliminated.

Let me know guys, thanks.

Isn't that the last day of E3? I'm going to be streaming all day, so yeah I'm free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom