• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Do you think it's because it's coming to PS4? or because of Persona 4 popularity? Both?

Well, everything. This is pretty much the opposite of an outlandish thought. Persona 5 is set to be the biggest Persona game yet due to anticipation, development time, platforms (PS3 and PS4, the first time a main Persona game has released on multiple platforms at launch), recognition, it being an established franchise, potentially development budget, etc.

It being the biggest Persona game yet, and probably even Atlus' biggest game yet, I think should pretty much be assumed.

Nimby

Banned
I've only had experience with Labrys, and I didn't particularly find her interesting. Why does she sound like she's from Jersey again?

kewlmyc

Persona 4 keychain merch.

Not sure why they went with that pose for Narukami. Someone find a way to put the word ASS into Yu Narukami for me, I'm lazy.

PK Gaming

Persona 4 keychain merch.

Not sure why they went with that pose for Narukami. Someone find a way to put the word ASS into Yu Narukami for me, I'm lazy.

latest

Ahhhhh, they definitely know their fanbase well~

Ah man, I really gotta collect em all

ATLUS will be holding another Persona livestream like the one they did on November 24, 2013.

It is titled "Newsflash! Persona Channel 2015" and will be live on NicoNico. The icon for the livestream shows Teddie in a red background that says "Newsflash! Persona Channel 2015"

The stream will show the PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2015 event, as well as a thirty hour countdown, as the stream goes live a day before the event started. Fans can also do a "mail-in form" where you can vote for your favorite P4 character and "best hit" music. The article also mentions that the discounted version of P4G, known as "The Best" (which is what Sony does for Greatest Hits in Japan) will be available on February 5, 2015.

The livestream will start on February 4, 2015 at 1:00PM JST, which is 11:00PM EST/8:00PM PST. As I mentioned above, there will be a thirty hour countdown until the PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2015 event begins.

For those that don't know, this is exactly how Persona 5 was announced. The event even has the same name, except with 2015 at the end. Persona 5 was announced on a NicoNico livestream by ATLUS, and had a countdown before the announcements began, which lasted a little over three days.

More information here: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=232

Nothing on the Super Live website itself yet. Although they might just be slow updating it.

"Latest information of persona is also packed!"

Persona 5 is a given, even if there's no gameplay at the concert I'm sure there will be on the livestream, and I'm expecting something on Dancing now. Might just be reusing assets, but the Teddie in that logo is from Dancing All Night art.

I'm pretty sure that there will be nothing whatsoever Persona 5 related in Famitsu or Dengeki before the concert now though.

Last time there were teases at midnight during the countdown and nothing else of note, wonder if it will be the same this time.

A little off-topic, but I have a feeling that the second button with the "?" on the PSL2015 site is probably going to be for the livestream link. Just my guess.

I also have a feeling we might see some info on P4D, as one of the "mail-in forms" has the title of "What is your Best Hit Persona Sound?" That term "Best Hit Persona Sound" was used in the first trailer for P4D, I believe.

Maybe we'll get info on both games; not just P5. We'll just have to wait and see.

ATLUS will be holding another Persona livestream like the one they did on November 24, 2013.

It is titled "Newsflash! Persona Channel 2015" and will be live on NicoNico. The icon for the livestream shows Teddie in a red background that says "Newsflash! Persona Channel 2015"

The stream will show the PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2015 event, as well as a thirty hour countdown, as the stream goes live a day before the event started. Fans can also do a "mail-in form" where you can vote for your favorite P4 character and "best hit" music. The article also mentions that the discounted version of P4G, known as "The Best" (which is what Sony does for Greatest Hits in Japan) will be available on February 5, 2015.

The livestream will start on February 4, 2015 at 1:00PM JST, which is 11:00PM EST/8:00PM PST. As I mentioned above, there will be a thirty hour countdown until the PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2015 event begins.

For those that don't know, this is exactly how Persona 5 was announced. The event even has the same name, except with 2015 at the end. Persona 5 was announced on a NicoNico livestream by ATLUS, and had a countdown before the announcements began, which lasted a little over three days.

My Heart!

I would like to point out that I have a NicoNico Premium account, and I will be recording the stream at the highest quality possible, and uploading it to YouTube. I'll also upload trailers and things of that nature.

Trigger

I would like to point out that I have a NicoNico Premium account, and I will be recording the stream at the highest quality possible, and uploading it to YouTube. I'll also upload trailers and things of that nature.

You're good people. Not sure how conscious I'll be when the real stuff starts happening.

Best song is hard. Voted for Danger Zone in the end. I'm curious to see what will win that though, has there been any "best song" polls before?

Swedesu

Best song is hard. Voted for Danger Zone in the end. I'm curious to see what will win that though, has there been any "best song" polls before?

I'm pretty sure there was one at the last Music Live.

Kanji and Memories of You are the obvious choices btw.

PQ
Footsteps of Time is also an acceptable choice

I ignored this yesterday thinking that it was just my internet bugging out, and it probably was, but page monitor randomly flagged up a bunch of Atlus's pages as being updated, one of them being http://p-ch.jp/movie/, which used to be aan existing page when the site first went up, but got taken down at some point. Since this broadcast will apparently be broadcast on the Persona Channel as well as Nico-nico, that could be what that page is intended for.

LX_Theo

Banned

Persona livestream on my birthday...

DO NOT DISAPPOINT ATLUS!

FluxWaveZ

Does this stuff have to happen the one day I decide to not wake up early. Interestingly, I even had a weird dream that there was P5 news happening while I was asleep; someone had tweeted something about a live stream, and I saw Geoff Keighley had retweeted it with 3k RTs and 6k favorites.

FluxWaveZ

I'm pretty sure that there will be nothing whatsoever Persona 5 related in Famitsu or Dengeki before the concert now though.
A little off-topic, but I have a feeling that the second button with the "?" on the PSL2015 site is probably going to be for the livestream link. Just my guess.

Agreed.

I ignored this yesterday thinking that it was just my internet bugging out, and it probably was, but page monitor randomly flagged up a bunch of Atlus's pages as being updated, one of them being http://p-ch.jp/movie/, which used to be aan existing page when the site first went up, but got taken down at some point. Since this broadcast will apparently be broadcast on the Persona Channel as well as Nico-nico, that could be what that page is intended for.

I remember that too. You're most likely right.

I also agree that the "favorite music" vote is most likely associated with P4D, which is most likely gonna be shown during this stream.

It's obvious, both Persona 5 and Persona 4: Dancing All Night will be shown off here. Haha, maybe those who voted "No" were wrong by 24 hours, after all.

This is so exciting. I wonder if they'll have anything else to reveal that will surprise us.

FluxWaveZ

They want to deprive Persona fans of sleep so they can proceed to brain wash them.

Just like last time... everyone will be losing their minds.

Fuck sleep, fuck class, I'm staying up for this shit. Persona music is the best and the thought of P5 news is enough to make me try. I hope it's just like the first one where I screamed so hard I woke my roommate up.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm going to assume that we'll get at least gameplay footage of P4D and more character reveals of Persona 5.

And probably some spinoff game, I dunno.

FluxWaveZ

Fuck sleep, fuck class, I'm staying up for this shit. Persona music is the best and the thought of P5 news is enough to make me try. I hope it's just like the first one where I screamed so hard I woke my roommate up.

That's the spirit!

iHoclmXKQRQ80.gif

Naoto, Yukiko and Marie trailer.

They did say this last time in regards to the TGS trailer, though:
For this trailer, we shared a new arrangement and characters, but next time we plan to deliver more in-depth content. Thank you very much for your patience.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wednesday at 11pm?

Ughhhh

Mebbe I'll take the next day off from work, I dunno. I'll fall asleep before anything happens I bet.

arue

Yesss another livestream!

I think there will be nothing significant shown during the countdown just like last time, so I'll just wait until the countdown is almost over.

What about the countdown at p-ch.jp/live though? It stops at 7:30 JST, while this new countdown stops at 18:30 JST (which is the same time when PSL 2015 starts). I was thinking the countdown at p-ch.jp/live would lead to another livestream, but apparently I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom