• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

The battles in Chapter 7 and 8 were amazing.
It's really only Chapter 5 and 6 that slows things down.

If it was just 1-4 and 7-8, it likely would've been my GOTY and probably one of my favorite RPGs ever.

Chapters 5-8 of Bravely Default would have been excellent
New Game + material
, but since they were not that it was pretty annoying!

Don't Stop! Just a little more!

Did y'all know that in Japan, there's a demo version of Bravely Default where you can play through the first four chapters for free? Think about that. Think about how Chapter 4 ends and how you'd feel compelled to shell out the cash to see what happens in the story, only to be greeted by Chapter 5.

FluxWaveZ

Bravely Default discussion, huh. I made a blog post last year highlighting how much it disappointed me after chapter 5.

It was an awesome game, until it really was ruined for me after chapter 5 begun. Such a weird decision. If they don't pull something like that again, maybe I'll like Bravely Second the whole way through.

i was just so burnt out by that point

If nothing else, the battles in 7 and 8 are radically different from the previous ones.

It was an awesome game, until it really was ruined for me after chapter 5 begun. Such a weird decision. If they don't pull something like that again, maybe I'll like Bravely Second the whole way through.

I can't imagine them pulling the same crap, but I'm not going in with particularly high hopes. The new job classes look really neat though. (I don't care how worthless the Patissier class is, I'm never leaving it)

BD couldn't grab my attention at all. I don't even know what happens at Chapter 5.

It gets really weird and incoherent and characters just straight up forget plot points for no discernible reason.

Jintor

Honestly, I think there were some cool ideas they had, but it's just so poorly pulled off. Just tedious and annoying, the little bits of cool stuff here and there (
like all the Astreisk holders basically flipping alignments at some point, Ringabel flipping out because of reasons, Airy flipping out because of reasons etc
) are just so miniscule and not worth the fucking slog

Jintor

SHOWTIME DA

tumblr_nilw8vep8a1si48w3o1_500.jpg

manga illustrations so gud

FluxWaveZ

Ha, I wonder if someone messed up somewhere. Either initially, by giving the PSL 2015 posts the P5 tag underneath its "Events" category (like the TGS 2014 post still has), or now by changing it to "Persona Stalker Club", since the PSL posts aren't actually appearing on the PSC news posts page, like they were for P5.

Weird change, either way.

wmlk

Ha, I wonder if someone messed up somewhere. Either initially, by giving the PSL 2015 posts the P5 tag underneath its "Events" category (like the TGS 2014 post still has), or now by changing it to "Persona Stalker Club", since the PSL posts aren't actually appearing on the PSC news posts page, like they were for P5.

Persona 5 delayed again!

I think they noticed that people found out. The PSC tag thing probably just a glitch, as it doesn't appear under the post title when you click on it. It only appears under the post title on the excerpts in the news section of the Persona Channel site. Once you actually click the PSL2015 posts, the tag isn't on the bottom of the post title, and product info doesn't appear at the end of the post. When you go to the PSC news category, nothing PSL2015 related appears there, either: http://p-ch.jp/news/?tid=17

On the official PSC site, it doesn't appear as a news article there, either, so it most likely is a glitch. We'd most likely know by now if it really was PSC-related.

Now, for why they removed P5 from the tag of the post, that's probably because they realized people saw it. Someone who manages the site probably didn't get the memo that they shouldn't have used P5 for the tag of the event, and finally changed it. That's my guess, at least.

But, I did want to show something that pretty much proves that Persona 5 will be at this event. Look at this link: http://www.4gamer.net/games/000/G000000/20141219102/index_2.html#atlus_hashino

This is the 4Gamer year end interview with Katsura Hashino. I'm sure many of you have seen it already. At the end of the interview, he says this: "今後の情報にも是非、ご期待ください。"

When translated, it means "From now on, please wait for more information." (Regarding Persona 5, as he talks about the game before saying this in the interview) The "今後の情報" part of the sentence is hyperlinked, and guess what it is a link to? The PSL2015 site.

FluxWaveZ

But, I did want to show something that pretty much proves that Persona 5 will be at this event. Look at this link: http://www.4gamer.net/games/000/G000000/20141219102/index_2.html#atlus_hashino

This is the 4Gamer year end interview with Katsura Hashino. I'm sure many of you have seen it already. At the end of the interview, he says this: "今後の情報にも是非、ご期待ください。"

When translated, it means "From now on, please wait for more information." The "今後の情報" part of the sentence is hyperlinked, and guess what it is a link to? The PSL2015 site.

I think most of us thought that Persona 5 will be at the event ever since the PSL site went up, but I don't think this is proof. I had posted about that interview before and had noticed that link, but that's most likely just a link from 4Gamer's editorial team as an obvious thing to look forward to concerning Persona 5 news (just like they linked to other external pages for other devs) instead of P Studio/Atlus telling 4Gamer to include that link with that interview portion.

Speaking of Persona manga, Crunchyroll got the rights for Persona Q -P4 Side- which will start on Sunday. If you're a premium member, you get manga for free.

Here's the link.

FluxWaveZ

Speaking of Persona manga, Crunchyroll got the rights for Persona Q -P4 Side- which will start on Sunday. If you're a premium member, you get manga for free.

Here's the link.

Neat. I hope we get side P3, too.

Having more media from Persona outside of games officially localized is fantastic, and it's something I've wanted for a while. Not having to miss out on any of that stuff would be great; maybe Persona's reached the point where we won't need to.

Makio

Is the first time i see Izanagi stylish nails.
Awesome.

BTW seeing the release dates everyone posted , i think 25 june 2015 is a good date for p5. (o at least i dont see the game coming after that).

Marche90

Here's the link.

You always get the latest chapter for free. The rest of the chapters are the ones behind behind a paywall. Meaning if you start to read the manga on sunday and stay up-to-date with the latest chapter you won't have to pay for it.

Oh, and it isn't enough to be a Premium member, you have to get either the manga add-on or the All Access pass.

Anyway, nice! Can't wait to dig in!

wut

I hate it when I don't get things!

I think he's pointing out that Yu has Idiot Hair now.

You always get the latest chapter for free. The rest of the chapters are the ones behind behind a paywall. Meaning if you start to read the manga on sunday and stay up-to-date with the latest chapter you won't have to pay for it.

Oh, and it isn't enough to be a Premium member, you have to get either the manga add-on or the All Access pass.

Anyway, nice! Can't wait to dig in!

Ah, you're right about the first chapter being free. They did however change their policy lately regarding the pay wall. Now just being a premium member is enough.

Xenoflare

i mean she isn't any more of a fanfiction self insert than the protagonist

The protagonist is at least an insert that is planned since conception.

She is "fanfic self insert" because she isn't present in the original and suddenly she's in all of the follow up canons+an anime completely (almost) dedicated to her.

The protagonist is at least an insert that is planned since conception.

She is "fanfic self insert" because she isn't present in the original and suddenly she's in all of the follow up canons+an anime completely (almost) dedicated to her.

I dunno, swapping half of Sho's screentime in Ultimax with more Marie time might have stopped me shitting on it as much as I do.

Xenoflare

I dunno, swapping half of Sho's screentime in Ultimax with more Marie time might have stopped me shitting on it as much as I do.

Sho is just straight up
lame, seriously, he is absolutely terrible.

I'd rather watch the golden animation than to rewatch ultimax's story regarding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom