• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be absolutely perfect, except it's not a Thursday. However, I feel we'll get a big trailer for the game on that date, or some kind of major information that won't be shown on the event on February 5th. At least, I'm hoping we'll get some kind've major information on February 5th.

FluxWaveZ

Ha, we're nostradamusing this, are we? Alright, here's mine:

Persona 5 — June 25th, 2015

Persona 4: Dancing All NIght — April 23rd, 2015

LX_Theo

Banned
Why April 11th?

that's my birthday.

I believe (believe) that's the first day of Persona 4's timeline.

Its also a Saturday, so no chance.

EDIT: I will note, it'd be really cool if they could time the release of the game to match up with the first day of Persona 5's calendar.

So, when does everyone think Persona 5 is going to be released?

My bet is July 16, 2015.

Been joking with my friends regarding this, but I picked December 18, 2015.

Reason: I picked the date knowing that while yes, it's a Friday, chances are that Star Wars Ep. 7 and heck, even Xenoblade Chronicles X can release on that day so why not P5 as well.

NichM

Banned
What does the winner get?

glengarry.jpg

First prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're banned.

FluxWaveZ

because of the upcoming Dengeki PlayStation vol. 583
Famitsu head editor in chief teasing in a live broadcast on nico that an absolutely massive scoop is coming on the January 29 issue of Famitsu.

Dengeki Playstation also teasing in its next issue preview releasing on January 29 that the ban has lifted on first bits of information on a huge title and that they will have a scoop on it.
Hm.

FluxWaveZ

don't do this to me. If we get a blowout of info I will flip. Also you should totally mention Persona 5 in the thread

No need. The one who gave us this:
- Persona 5 full reveal - PS3/4 multiplatform

Now gives us this:
  • Other Studio - I would imagine he can't say where he went because it would give it away. So perhaps Atlus (Persona 5 - early February coincides with Persona Super Live 2015)?

Well, this isn't reassuring.

Persona 5 for 2016 then.

this the kinda stuff that makes u cry at night

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if you are, you have no need to worry. John is the PR manager for Atlus USA, meaning he is the one who does public relations with the consumers. He wouldn't (usually) know about a game in localization unless it was ready to be publically announced or revealed. The only one at Atlus USA who most likely knows about P5's localization is Yu Namba, as he is the localization editor and manager for the company, and basically the project lead for all localizations at Atlus USA.

What I'm saying is: John isn't lying. He really doesn't know. PR managers don't usually know about all titles being localized, and how far along they are. Especially with P5, as ATLUS is being very secretive about it.

DNAbro

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if you are, you have no need to worry. John is the PR manager for Atlus USA, meaning he is the one who does public relations with the consumers. He wouldn't (usually) know about a game in localization unless it was ready to be publically announced or revealed. The only one at Atlus USA who most likely knows about P5's localization is Yu Namba, as he is the localization editor and manager for the company, and basically the project lead for all localizations at Atlus USA.

What I'm saying is: John isn't lying. He really doesn't know. PR managers don't usually know about all titles being localized, and how far along they are. Especially with P5, as ATLUS is being very secretive about it.

I think he was messing with him.

I have a feeling the Japan Studio game is most likely Gravity Rush 2. We don't know anything about it, besides one piece of concept art, a trailer at TGS 2013, and a message by Keiichiro Toyama stating that we'd understand why it took so long. Next week's Dengeki PlayStation and Famitsu are most likely the first major information for the game, as it has been almost two years, and now would be the time to showcase something. Dengeki PlayStation, being a well, PlayStation centric magazine further pushes this theory. I know other big titles have been revealed in this magazine, but this all lines up perfectly. I can't imagine what else Japan Studio is working on right now.

Now, about the other studio being ATLUS, and the game being Persona 5; well. I don't know. ATLUS is very secretive and close to the vest when it comes to their titles, and they reveal information whenever they feel like doing so, and pretty much everything is planned. So much so, that even the hosts of Persona Stalker Club were monitored during their visit to the P-Studio. If Marty Silva was able to see Persona 5, the question is, why? If he did, it most likely was monitored, and he had to make sure he had no recording devices as well as signed an NDA. I can't imagine ATLUS just allowing him to see footage for the game with no problem.

Besides that, everything does add up. If we take what he said as "other studio" meaning a third-party studio in Japan (The "other studio" was in Japan), as well as him saying that he can talk about it in early February makes me think this is for Persona 5 having a new trailer at the PSL2015 event. This doesn't really add much, but this podcast is also a PlayStation podcast, which slightly furthers this theory. What he said really only describes Persona 5 to me, honestly. I can't imagine another game. The way he described it, as "being a game he [sic] has been looking forward to for a while, and it furthered his expectations" makes me believe it even more. All we can do is wait.

I'm excited enough about Persona 5, adding the thought of Gravity Rush 2 to the mix is a dangerous combination, haha.

Interesting thoughts though Mystic! Can't wait to see what happens.

Xenoflare

Finally finished Golden Elizabeth in Ultimax, with Dekaja and Full Analyze the fight is actually a breeze. I used Liz to beat her too. Ghastly Wail is godly.

FluxWaveZ

All we can do is wait.

Gravity Rush 2 is also what had come to mind last week because of the next DPS issue tease, and the IGN video makes me think of that, as well. As for the other studio, I can't really envision it being Atlus for Persona 5 unless there are some interesting plans in the works for the western audience, along with the Japanese unveil.

I'd find it kind of weird to have a representative of the western press invited to see P5 so recently... I think because of how Atlus has marketed things in the past. It could be different this time, but one would think the difference would mean that marketing and release scheduling of the game in Japan would be close to North America's like a Bloodborne or a Street Fighter V, right? Else, I wouldn't necessarily see the point. But then one would have to wonder why atlusprime hasn't seen anything of it.

Sophia

Despite how much easier P4G is, the contrarian king is still freaking ridiculous -.- Guess I'll come back after the 2nd dungeon again.

The Contrarian King requires a specific strategy, which is why it's so hard. I actually kind of wish all the optional bosses stayed that hard, because that was a fight that rewarded you for having a very clear gameplan as to how you were going to handle the Rampage.

CorvoSol

The Contrarian King requires a specific strategy, which is why it's so hard. I actually kind of wish all the optional bosses stayed that hard, because that was a fight that rewarded you for having a very clear gameplan as to how you were going to handle the Rampage.

After PQ, I think a sort of balancing so that there remains a sort of need for challenge would be nice going forward in the series.

Which is sort of funny considering how mad I was about things feeling that way in SMT4

Man I should replay SMT4 now that I've got a little more experience with the ideas of MegaTen and see if I like it better, haha.

Sophia

After PQ, I think a sort of balancing so that there remains a sort of need for challenge would be nice going forward in the series.

Which is sort of funny considering how mad I was about things feeling that way in SMT4

Man I should replay SMT4 now that I've got a little more experience with the ideas of MegaTen and see if I like it better, haha.

I would definitely like to see the difficulty curve straightened out a bit. Every MegaTen game from the release of the original Persona 4 has has the same awkward curve. A hair pulling level of difficulty at the beginning, especially if you're unfamiliar with the mechanics. A very easy middle game where strategy can sometimes go out the window. And then it balances out to be moderately hard (by modern RPG standards) at the end game. It especially sucks for beginners to get into. How many times do we have to tell new people not to use a guide and not to be afraid of fusion?

Going off that, I also kind of want to see better difficulty settings. The ones in Persona 4 Golden are total garbage, especially Safety and Risky which do nothing but make the game abnormally easy or frustratingly grindy. Persona Q was a much better step in the right direction there. Risky there doesn't add numbers, but rather alters the game mechanics and forces you to rethink your strategy. And that is what I like. Not merely "Oh, your chance of getting MegaTen'd is higher", but actually incorporating new gameplay.

I liked the challenge from the beginning of PQ, but it seemed to only get easier from there. Especially with certain characters being completely unbalanced

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
glengarry.jpg

First prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're banned.

FUCK YOU! THAT'S MY NAME!

You know why mister? Because you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80,000 BMW THAT'S my name.

CorvoSol

I would definitely like to see the difficulty curve straightened out a bit. Every MegaTen game from the release of the original Persona 4 has has the same awkward curve. A hair pulling level of difficulty at the beginning, especially if you're unfamiliar with the mechanics. A very easy middle game where strategy can sometimes go out the window. And then it balances out to be moderately hard (by modern RPG standards) at the end game. It especially sucks for beginners to get into. How many times do we have to tell new people not to use a guide and not to be afraid of fusion?

Going off that, I also kind of want to see better difficulty settings. The ones in Persona 4 Golden are total garbage, especially Safety and Risky which do nothing but make the game abnormally easy or frustratingly grindy. Persona Q was a much better step in the right direction there. Risky there doesn't add numbers, but rather alters the game mechanics and forces you to rethink your strategy. And that is what I like. Not merely "Oh, your chance of getting MegaTen'd is higher", but actually incorporating new gameplay.

Oh man that last part reminds me so much of Bravely Default. Chapters 5 onward it's like "Oh did we say it was more difficult? I'm sorry we just meant more HP."

Jintor

BD really disintegrates after a certain point, gameplaywise.

I feel like there was not a lot of interesting uses of the brave and default mechanics, either

PK Gaming

We're definitely seeing a trend in modern megaten games (such Persona Q, P4G, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, SMTIV, etc) where overall game balance is intentionally sacrificed for "fun." That said, I don't think that's inherently a bad thing; here's still plenty of fun to be had by intricately designing your ideal characters and party set up. The extreme flexibility of skills/demons is one of the biggest draws for those games imo. But even so, something has to be done to retain some degree of challenge in those games. Virtually every single megaten game can be broken by the time you reach the end game, but there shouldn't be a way to break the game early on. In other words:

-P4G Yukiko should not exist
-Status effects and binds should not be so strong in PQ
-There needs to be an actual defense stat in SMTIV
-Above all else; enemies need to be desk checked so that they're not total pushovers

Full steam ahead! Make sure to dump all of your stat points into magic, luck and agility!

We're definitely seeing a trend in modern megaten games (such Persona Q, P4G, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, SMTIV, etc) where overall game balance is intentionally sacrificed for "fun." That said, I don't think that's inherently a bad thing; here's still plenty of fun to be had by intricately designing your ideal characters and party set up. The extreme flexibility of skills/demons is one of the biggest draws for those games imo. But even so, something has to be done to retain some degree of challenge in those games. Virtually every single megaten game can be broken by the time you reach the end game, but there shouldn't be a way to break the game early on. In other words:

-P4G Yukiko should not exist
-Status effects and binds should not be so strong in PQ
-There needs to be an actual defense stat in SMTIV
-Above all else; enemies need to be desk checked so that they're not total pushovers

If we are talking about how broken (easy) the game can get by the end...

(endgame P4G Persona) http://i.imgur.com/hpszRIQ.jpg

Pretty sure you can get better results if you tried to make the best combination of Personas, but this was my first time playing P4/ P4G, completely blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom