• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I think I came in a tie with the High Priestess(which fits me perfectly), and Tower, which confused me to no end since reading the descriptions of both made them sound like polar opposites. The tiebreaker put me to the Priestess side, which was fine with me.

And yeah, minus inheriting an inn and being the opposite gender, I am probably most like Yukiko in the cast of 4.

Astra

The Moon is probably my favorite, not sure about the quiz though.

I actually thought the Moon was a better fit for me, minus the creativity part. I didn't want to pick for myself though, since I am biased.

I bet the quiz was pretty bad, as they usually are. I thought it a lot better to have my friends pick for me. Though Fortune is represented by an effeminate french seamstress in P3, and an androgynous female detective in P4. What are they trying to say about me!?

I don't think I am similar to any of the P4 cast, though I always have a hard time choosing a character that is most like myself in any game.
Apparently, from Zero Escape: VLR, I am most like Phi or Dio...

FluxWaveZ

I've decided that Atlus really should make a Persona MMORPG or analogous free-to-play multiplayer experience. I should call their headquarters and pitch this honestly genius idea to them.

Astra

I've decided that Atlus really should make a Persona MMORPG or analogous free-to-play multiplayer experience. I should call their headquarters and pitch this honestly genius idea to them.

Do it, and then we can have a community in-game, and all form social links with eachother.

Only the first player to register gets to change Personas, everyone else has to makedo with the one they're given unless that one player decides to fix all their issues. All of the areas will be featureless, randomly generated corridors.

It will still be a better game than IMAGINE.

FluxWaveZ

Do it, and then we can have a community in-game, and all form social links with eachother.

Yeah, mostly thinking about this because I wouldn't be anguishing so much for Persona news if there was something like a Persona MMO I could keep going to to keep my taste for more Persona satiated.

Clans have a precedent in the universe with SEES, Strega, the Masked Circle and the Investigation Team. Social Links with other players could be a thing, maybe, that leveled up when you completed big dungeons, bosses or whatever with other players. Something like it could potentially be really cool.

Yeah, mostly thinking about this because I wouldn't be anguishing so much for Persona news if there was something like a Persona MMO I could keep going to to keep my taste for more Persona satiated.

Clans have a precedent in the universe with SEES, Strega, the Masked Circle and the Investigation Team. Social Links with other players could be a thing, maybe, that leveled up when you completed big dungeons, bosses or whatever with other players. Something like it could potentially be really cool.

Damn, now you're speaking my language :p

Meia

My monk in warcraft is named Chie, but I have a feeling that that name would be unavailable in a persona mmo. :p

Trigger

This would be awesome.

Astra

I would spend way too much time playing. I'd likely never see the light of day again.
I'd love an S.Link system like that, and receive boons while playing with others whom you have a high rank with.

I'd make that guild day one! Server first kills. Wouldn't afraid never because are the bravest.

I'd love to play with PersonaGAF! Go Sukuna-Hikona! (I choose that one, since I always like when Naoto yells her Persona's name).

I've started Guild Wars 2 recently, and joined the GAF-Guild last week, but haven't had a chance to play the game since, so haven't had any time with them.

Most good MMOs don't actually let you make names like this. It's too long for WoW toon name, for example.

ClodxXstrifE - Troll Rogue - check out my youtube for sick baller dubstep battleground montage yolo.

Actually in WoW, I ran across a lot of dumb names like "Painblood" and "DethDealr"

I've started Guild Wars 2 recently, and joined the GAF-Guild last week, but haven't had a chance to play the game since, so haven't had any time with them.

Oooh, did you make a purseowner character?

Sophia

ClodxXstrifE - Troll Rogue - check out my youtube for sick baller dubstep battleground montage yolo.

Actually in WoW, I ran across a lot of dumb names like "Painblood" and "DethDealr"

You can't use multiple capital letters in a Wow character name. You'd probably get banned for "Dethdealr" and "ClodxXstrifE" upon the first report. :p

I've seen them change far less offensive names. >_>;

Talking about a Persona MMO makes me sad there isn't one ;_;

As displeased as I've been with them as of late, I *almost* want to see a Blizzard x Atlus team up for a Persona MMO.

Astra

Oooh, did you make a purseowner character?

No, but someone posted color templates for Persona 4 colors. So I'm going to get the dyes ASAP and give my character the Izanagi colors. His outfit reminds me of Izanagi.
Thinking back, I really wish I did make a Persona character, haha. In Dragon's Dogma, I made my pawn Chie. I think I did a somewhat decent job of making her look similar to her.

QOBcWuO.jpg

Owywv5i.jpg

I'm going to Izanagi that up.

Sophia

Talking about a Persona MMO makes me sad there isn't one ;_;

As displeased as I've been with them as of late, I *almost* want to see a Blizzard x Atlus team up for a Persona MMO.

I don't want Blizzard anywhere near a Persona MMO. World of Warcraft's balance is somewhere between "pretty bad" and "completely off the rails." =P

I don't want Blizzard anywhere near a Persona MMO. World of Warcraft's balance is somewhere between "pretty bad" and "completely off the rails." =P

I can agree with that, but I'd say just in terms of what companies are good at building an MMO, while they wouldn't be my first choice by any means either, they've done a good job at making an MMO tons of people are so insistent on playing, you'd have to at least admit that :p

You can't use multiple capital letters in a Wow character name. You'd probably get banned for "Dethdealr" and "ClodxXstrifE" upon the first report. :p

I've seen them change far less offensive names. >_>;

Haha, check this out. I'm looking at a screenshot from a BG in Cata, here's some of the best names:

Slikrogue
Piggpinn
Peanutbutter
Beardo
Forzaken

No, but someone posted color templates for Persona 4 colors. So I'm going to get the dyes ASAP and give my character the Izanagi colors. His outfit reminds me of Izanagi.
Thinking back, I really wish I did make a Persona character, haha. In Dragon's Dogma, I made my pawn Chie. I think I did a somewhat decent job of making her look similar to her.
I'm going to Izanagi that up.

Wait you had a Chie pawn!? I was using a Yukiko one that I thought was yours. Hmmm, what's your PSN, I'd love to get a Chie pawn in for Dark Arisen :)

My pawn is Rydia is FFIV, but I started a new game plus, so she's like ass right now.

Astra

Haha, check this out. I'm looking at a screenshot from a BG in Cata, here's some of the best names:

Slikrogue
Piggpinn
Peanutbutter
Beardo
Forzaken

Wait you had a Chie pawn!? I was using a Yukiko one that I thought was yours. Hmmm, what's your PSN, I'd love to get a Chie pawn in for Dark Arisen :)

My pawn is Rydia is FFIV, but I started a new game plus, so she's like ass right now.

Haha, Yukiko is mine, too. I made her when I started a new game. I kept the template for Chie around, though, and I am definitely remaking her for Arisen. She was my favorite for sure. I may have made a Rise one, too.

My friend ran into my Chie pawn on the road after I made a new one, haha. I thought it was awesome that she still exists.

I really want to play DD again, but I am holding off for DA. I just wish we'd get a PC version!

Bah, thought I had better pictures of her.

Only one there that's against the rules is Peanutbutter, Piggpinn could pass by sadly. >_>;

I ran a progression guild and some people had ultra dumb names, but were very skilled players. Loved it. I always named myself things that they probably thought were dumb as well. Oh, there was a guy named Onyxia but with funny letters. Had the name for a long time. It was great.

Haha, Yukiko is mine, too. I made her when I started a new game. I kept the template for Chie around, though, and I am definitely remaking her for Arisen. She was my favorite for sure. I may have made a Rise one, too.

My friend ran into my Chie pawn on the road after I made a new one, haha. I thought it was awesome that she still exists.

I really want to play DD again, but I am holding off for DA. I just wish we'd get a PC version!

Yeah, once DA is out, I'll redo both my main and pawn - I'm thinking about a Drake and Lara combo. Mainly because I love this so damn much: https://twitter.com/followarmada/status/309817976134197248

<3

FluxWaveZ

The Persona MMORPG will be made by From Software.

Sure! Though, that sounds kinda insane in many ways.

I wonder if company collaborations is something Index wants more of, considering Atlus x ASW (P4A), Atlus x Intelligent Systems/Nintendo (SMT x FE) and Atlus x Square Enix (Lord of Vermillion).

Sure! Though, that sounds kinda insane in many ways.

I wonder if company collaborations is something Index wants more of, considering Atlus x ASW (P4A), Atlus x Intelligent Systems/Nintendo (SMT x FE) and Atlus x Square Enix (Lord of Vermillion).

going through the tv is like invading another player's world

Meia

I'm TRYING to get into DD, but not liking the game much at all atm. Have a Chie main/Yukiko pawn combo going too. At least with Yukiko you can have her nickname that shows up actually be Yuki.

FluxWaveZ

There will be a persona mmo, the catch would be that it's based off of Revelations: Persona

Technically, there's already been a Persona MMO released for phones in Japan. 'Course, that's not what any of us mean when we want an actual MMO...

And I played 5-7 hours of Dragon's Dogma but I couldn't stand it anymore so I stopped. It was just too boring for me.

Sophia

Technically, there's already been a Persona MMO released for phones in Japan. 'Course, that's not what any of us mean when we want an actual MMO...

And I played 5-7 hours of Dragon's Dogma but I couldn't stand it anymore so I stopped. It was just too boring for me.

Those character designs in that are like a weird cross between the Persona 1 cast and the Trinity Soul cast. >_>

Meia

I wonder if my lack of enthusiasm for the game came from people comparing it kind of to Dark Souls and then starting it, and finding right away there's no lock on button.

Pawn AI seems frustratingly idiotic too.

Though maybe I don't like it cause I'm going for a specific build that makes combat seem boring at first? I don't know. Had Tomb Raider to play(beat it this morning), still have both Persona 2 games to play which I still never have, also have a game backlog that's at least 10 more after it, and nothing DD is showing me is grabbing me. Was wondering if it was just me for a second there...

Astra

I plan on picking up that expansion, seeing as it comes with the original. I always thought it looked okay.

Yeah, it's basically a passable open world RPG, that didn't live up to its promise. Which is extremely disappointing, as it has great combat and music, and I love the large monster battles. I think the pawn system is great.
The world is just so empty, and it needs much more variety with the enemies. The pawns also need more dialogue (everyone does, really).

Still, I really loved the game and am stoked for Dark Arisen.

Yeah, Meia, I never did get the Dark Souls comparison. They're seriously nothing alike.

As for the Pawn AI, it can be pretty bad at times. With your main pawn, you can at least change their inclination to behave a specific way in battle, which seems to work out for me. Unfortunately you have no control over the inclinations of the pawns you get from the Rift.

Trigger

Dragon's Dogma was pretty fun IMO. I can't wait for Dark Arisen. It needs an FFXII style gambit system so pawns can be better managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom