• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Who's all playing Tomb Raider?

I'm about 3ish hours in and I'm having a really hard time getting into it.

I had a hard time getting into it at first due to the first few hours of the game being non-stop QTEs.

...then it stops and the game becomes incredibly fun. I mean, they're still there sometimes, but maybe once an hour as opposed to once every 5 minutes in the beginning.

Levito

Banned
The story isn't all that compelling to me, all of the supporting cast is just one stereotype after the other.

Also finding that it's way too QTE heavy.

Gameplay itself is fun though, the new cover mechanics are really well done.

Squire

Banned
I'm enjoying it so much that I went out and actually bought a copy today for PS3 (I've only rented for 360). First time I've bought a console game on launch since... Something. It's been a long while.

Glad you're enjoying it too!

It's really excellent. I just like everything about it.

Meia

Ya, like I said, the first hour and a half is insanely QTE heavy and not really indicative of the real gameplay.

Don't expect anything out of the story probably from what I've seen. Not bad, but nothing to write home about, it's a Tomb Raider game after all.

Levito

Banned
GOTY 2013

PByPFH1.jpg

Squire

Banned
This thread is now about Persona, featuring bonus impressions of Tomb Raider!

And honestly probably everything else we play up until P5 is announced and speculation runs rampant.

Astra

This thread is now about Persona, featuring bonus impressions of Tomb Raider!

And honestly probably everything else we play up until P5 is announced and speculation runs rampant.

After finished P4G, I desperately want P5. Even some information would suffice for now, though that would likely have me wanting the game even more.
Luckily I have Fire Emblem to hold me over for a little while, then many other games coming in the coming months.

cj_iwakura

Is this any good? This series is the only one I didn't play on the PS2. I have the second one with the Raiho plushie but never opened it.

I bought it the day it came out. It's fantastic. And it has the hardest hard mode of any JRPG I've ever played.

Including Nocturne and P3/P4(which are laughably easy).

Dantis

Finished Tomb Raider. Really excellent. I stand by my previous statements that it is most likely my game of the year.

As an aside, the finale to Tomb Raider is superior to all of the Uncharted games, where the finales usually fall flat.

Squire

Banned
Finished Tomb Raider. Really excellent. I stand by my previous statements that it is most likely my game of the year.

As an aside, the finale to Tomb Raider is superior to all of the Uncharted games, where the finales usually fall flat.

Really? I think U2's ending is actually pretty good. Well... I dunno. I actually have some quibbles about it.

Dantis

Really? I think U2's ending is actually pretty good. Well... I dunno. I actually have some quibbles about it.

The final boss is like the worst thing ever. The actual ending cutscene in all of them is superb, but the final gameplay section generally loses itself, I feel.

Squire

Banned
The final boss is like the worst thing ever. The actual ending cutscene in all of them is superb, but the final gameplay section generally loses itself, I feel.

You summed it up perfectly. The fight and the sequence after it are total garbage, but the actual ending scene in UC2 was great.

There's still 9 more months man.

cj_iwakura

The only new game this year I think I'm anticipating is SMT IV.

Maybe Bioshock Infinite.

Oh, and definitely Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom