• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

Sorian

Banned
You believe Style to be scum and you've kind of reiterated all game "he might be scum, he might not be". Makes it seem like you're too afraid to defend him, and too afraid to go after him. You ignore Starsketch/exmachine who have both soft-claimed. You ignored FEP/franco's confrontation...seemed like an experienced player should have been able to get a lot from that conversation. The tells you've been ignoring just so happen to be from my top scum suspects, and that makes you pretty damn scummy in my eyes.

I'm still completely puzzled at your insistence on going after vanguard today over such a small thing.

Considering all I see in FEP and fran is two town fighting, yeah, don't care there. Star soft claimed, when? The pre-game nonsense? That means jack all and I did comment on that. I also don't see a soft claim from exmachina and I've also talked about my thoughts there as well. As far as Style, I'm not afraid to defend him, I just don't want to lynch him today. I also don't need to get my way there though, if he dies, he dies, the only loss is if it's a mislynch because I won't miss the utility of the player. That's where you seem to be confusing the issue. He isn't my top suspect and I agree with pretty much everything said on him, not voting for him now though when I can swing votes to what I actually want instead.

Now please, explain to me how it is a "small thing" that Vanguard has thrown his vote away in such a way that makes him a completely useless player and has done nothing to rectify the situation even after checking in a few times, choosing instead to comment on passing fights that may be happening at that time.

exmachina64 (0)
sorian 75 (140)

kerned (0)
zippedpinhead 88 (524)
natiko 126 (373)

sorian (0)
exmachina64 91 (148)

style (6)
ii-vanguard-ii 113
matt attack 182
11037 200
fluxwavez 206 (348)
pk gaming 353 (444)
fluxwavez 463 (492)
flatearthpandas 485
theexodu5 527
blackbuzzard 535

ii-vanguard-ii (1)
sorian 140
style 157 (391)
blackbuzzard 366 (535)

franconp (0)
plop 141 (439)
flatearthpandas 187 (485)

starsketch (1)
verelios 207

rynam (0)
theexodu5 241 (260)
theexodu5 395 (518)

blackbuzzard (0)
theexodu5 260 (371)
exmachina64 331 (398)

pk gaming (3)
fluxwavez 348 (463)
exmachina64 398
plop 439
fluxwavez 492
ty4on 532

pkgaming (0)
theexodu5 371 (395)

roytheone (0)
el topo 388 (389)

fluxwavez (0)
pk gaming 444

Day Ends:

blu_1479502800.png

TheExodu5

Banned
Now please, explain to me how it is a "small thing" that Vanguard has thrown his vote away in such a way that makes him a completely useless player and has done nothing to rectify the situation even after checking in a few times, choosing instead to comment on passing fights that may be happening at that time.

Okay, with this we are in agreement. He is useless and I'm all for lynching useless players. And yet you've been on my case for wanting to do the same?

The small thing I was referring to was the RNG vote...it was strange that you gave plop a pass but not vanguard. Seemed like you were making the arguments fit your conclusion and not the other way around.

Style

Banned
That won't work. I will make it simple: What's your opinion on FEP, Vere and me?

I thought you and FEP were just running a circus regarding the RNG stuff to begin with just to have some derailing fluff, but I've started to notice that maybe the fluff is just your definition of being investigative. Plus you two have been after each others throat for nearly the whole day. I think the connection I made might be non-existent at this point.

Regarding Vere, he for all his talk of inactives he's willing to look beyond a lot of inactive users, but kept trying to push Sketch.

Sorian

Banned
Okay, with this we are in agreement. He is useless and I'm all for lynching useless players. And yet you've been on my case for wanting to do the same?

The small thing I was referring to was the RNG vote...it was strange that you gave plop a pass but not vanguard. Seemed like you were making the arguments fit your conclusion and not the other way around.

I've explained the difference plenty of times though. Plop had no footing in the thread, that much was clear. Vanguard actually had opinions and still said screw it and went RNg sintead,

I don't like how you adressed only 3 town reads. How about some scum? Give me your 4 scum reads.

ii-Vanguard-ii: after he said i was wrong about him he has not posted once.

Style: After saying Flux has a power role and not actually explaining why he thinks this, i think there is more to it then just lashing out or folding under pressure of being the vote leader.

Starsketch: Has been pretty much silent the entire game outside of laughing at something in her role PM, she is not being pressured in any way, so she can just stay silent for the remainder of day 1

Sorry to say i don't have my 4th scum read.

I don't like how you adressed only 3 town reads. How about some scum? Give me your 4 scum reads.

Scum reads are nice, town reads and confirms are how you win games

Also, please don't try and force reads guys, because tbh, my eyes sorta glaze over with super analytical readlists of every player. Shoot straight from the hip, and if your read for a player is "they were in the game", or, "they've been posting a bunch apparently but I really have no clue", so be it

franconp

Style: After saying Flux has a power role and not actually explaining why he thinks this, i think there is more to it then just lashing out or folding under pressure of being the vote leader.

Starsketch: Has been pretty much silent the entire game outside of laughing at something in her role PM, she is not being pressured in any way, so she can just stay silent for the remainder of day 1

Those 3 are the easiest nominations that you could make. You stayed on the safe path, even more when you didn't gave a 4th one.

One more chance: reads FEP, 11037 and PK.

Those 3 are the easiest nominations that you could make. You stayed on the safe path, even more when you didn't gave a 4th one.

One more chance: reads FEP, 11037 and PK.

Get out of here with this bullshit

How is anyone gonna have strong scum reads this early?

Forget top 3 town and scum, thoughts on every player, even if it's just saying that you have no thoughts, are more useful

Maybe I'm missing the point, but how does that necessarily make him scum? That's like...basic Mafia Attitudes 101

franconp

Scum reads are nice, town reads and confirms are how you win games

Also, please don't try and force reads guys, because tbh, my eyes sorta glaze over with super analytical readlists of every player. Shoot straight from the hip, and if your read for a player is "they were in the game", or, "they've been posting a bunch apparently but I really have no clue", so be it

I disagree with both points. Regarding the first point both are important. Scum reads gives insights and things that you could have missed for a player. Town reads could be more important down the road but they are safer to make D1.

Regarding the second point forcing reads it's the best weapon we have at this point of the game. Knowing how a player feel against other is something we can use further in the game. It's something you could use to make connections and spot contradictions. Also I'm not to fond to those easy answer on everyone. It depends on the target. There are several players that are well beyond that point.

Sorian

Banned

Forget top 3 town and scum, thoughts on every player, even if it's just saying that you have no thoughts, are more useful

Except, those 3 are literally the exact 3 that EVERYONE has been harping on, nothing fresh or new at all from a player that people are worried about because he has been lurking with no opinions of his own.

Sorian

Banned
I disagree with both points. Regarding the first point both are important. Scum reads gives insights and things that you could have missed for a player. Town reads could be more important down the road but they are safer to make D1.

Regarding the second point forcing reads it's the best weapon we have at this point of the game. Knowing how a player feel against other is something we can use further in the game. It's something you could use to make connections and spot contradictions. Also I'm not to fond to those easy answer on everyone. It depends on the target. There are several players that are well beyond that point.

Forcing reads also has the added benefit of making scum actually have to fake something which can lead to slip ups or inconsistencies.

RNG VOTES EVERYWHERE

I'm holding you accountable for this Sorian, RNG is a tool to be used when it actually could have a disastrous or amazing effect. Don't cheapen it

VOTE: Sorian[/highlight}

I wonder if we could petition GAF mods to make a highlight button for the post box shortcuts

franconp

I asked for 3 scum because we have nothing on him and I wanted to make sure if he would continue to stay in the safe side. He did. That's a read I got on him.

Maybe it's because you just entered but there isn't a simplier vote than those 3. That's why I asked for a 4th one. That shouldn't be a vote so easy.

franconp

I'm holding you accountable for this Sorian, RNG is a tool to be used when it actually could have a disastrous or amazing effect. Don't cheapen it

I wonder if we could petition GAF mods to make a highlight button for the post box shortcuts

If you are asking for a highlight button you have my vote (as in I want that too, not in the gafia's vote).

I am alive but stumped.

Think of that what you will, I know it's not a good look at all.

I have had the "Make post" dialog open all day, and I cannot come up with anything that hasn't been said already.

Except, those 3 are literally the exact 3 that EVERYONE has been harping on, nothing fresh or new at all from a player that people are worried about because he has been lurking with no opinions of his own.

I was addressing what franconp was saying, the general idea from it. Have zero clue about the context

Town reads aren't null reads, and being mixed on someone or having reason to suspect someone might be scum isn't a reason to take them out of your town list

Making people force their readlists also leads to them taking a long time to prep their readlists. I've procrastinated (yes, procrastinated) on read lists that I assumed should be highly justified and well written with positions on most people.

If everyone has read lists like that it's a mess. If you reduce the preparation asked for in readlists, you can reduce the time people will work on it, thus giving any hypothetical scum less opportunity to consult and prepare a read list.

Shooting straight from the hip also means it's easier for someone town has that exact concern over to contribute.

I'd prefer getting multiple updated 60-80% gut feeling readlists than one huge post from a few players (cause you're never going to lynch everyone that doesn't give one of these posts XD) which make my eyes glaze over

I asked for 3 scum because we have nothing on him and I wanted to make sure if he would continue to stay in the safe side. He did. That's a read I got on him.

Maybe it's because you just entered but there isn't a simplier vote than those 3. That's why I asked for a 4th one. That shouldn't be a vote so easy.

Dont care about context, just the idea.

Buzzard, take a single look at the player list, highlight it, copy it into a post dialog, and relying solely on your memory give us your reads on each player.

I am alive but stumped.

I have had the "Make post" dialog open all day, and I cannot come up with anything that hasn't been said already.

Try the above idea

Verelios

Regarding Vere, he for all his talk of inactives he's willing to look beyond a lot of inactive users, but kept trying to push Sketch.

I am alive but stumped.

There's a difference between inactives and people who are active just enough to not be mentioned in passing, or remembered the most when inactivity comes up. I've said my piece on this before and my stance hasn't changed. Above is a post that looks helpful, but is without substance and promises more day 2, which I dislike.

Banned
I will take on that offer. What do you think of Flux, Sorian and me? We have posted a lot so far, so it's difficult you don't have a read on us

FluzWaveZ - Initially when the game started I believe I thought that Flux was the most town person. He posted frequently and bought us some good ideas. However, after that back and fourth that he and PK Gaming ahd, that didn't really amount to to much, besides getting PK to talk more I'm trying to not let myself blindly belief what anyone says. His posts are still helpful and informative and he appears to have the town's best interests in question. I believe he is most likely town.

Franconp - At the start I didn't really read too much into your posts. You had that weird thing at the very start about getting randomly voted for. You seemed very annoyed at that even though it was just that, a random vote. Now though your posts are very demanding and you want people to post their thoughts. I don't sense anything scummy in your posts and out the three you asked me about I believe you have the most chance of being town.

Sorian - I have no idea. Sorian posts a lot and you can tell he is incredibly experienced at mafia. I feel this is why I don't have a strong sense of him either way, he could be town, he could be scum, I feel it would be real easy for me to be deceived by his posts. But he seems helpful enough, and I do agree with lots of what he has discussed.

franconp

Buzzard, take a single look at the player list, highlight it, copy it into a post dialog, and relying solely on your memory give us your reads on each player.

Try the above idea

I would be more than happy if I get a complete player list but I don't see it happening. Buzzard had been coasting all game. Asking for a full list could lead him to avoid the point. Asking for a couple of names seem easier to get a feedback.

Sorian

Banned

RNG is my mistress before the game really gets into full swing, let's not pretend it's anything else. Would like a highlight button tho.

I am alive but stumped.

Why are you stumped at being alive? Pussy footing it is useless now.

Ty4on

I don't see the point of this if it's only temporary. Why? Or are you just testing to see if the voting bot works or something?

It's related to this

I was confused too :p

I don't see the point of this if it's only temporary. Why? Or are you just testing to see if the voting bot works or something?

Meant to post it after the earlier post blaming Sorian for the RNG crap

No Sorian, RNG was mastered by Kyanrute, you're just a useless parasite on it now

RNG is my mistress before the game really gets into full swing, let's not pretend it's anything else. Would like a highlight button tho.

Why are you stumped at being alive? Pussy footing it is useless now.

Stumped about what to post. People have been asking for me all day.

Try the above idea

Ok.

Ty4on

Yes, I'm lazy and just copy pasting the OP list. Deal with it.

I dunno why, but I translated it:

Town
Natiko
plop

Lean Town
flatearthpandas
FluxWaveZ
franconp
PK Gaming
Verelios

Null Town
Matt Attack
Ty4on

Null
WhereAreMahDragonz
StarSketch
Zippedpinhead

Null Scum
BlackBuzzard

Lean Scum
exmachina64
Rats Off To Ya (Hyperactivity)
Style
TheExodu5

Scum
II-Vanguard-II

Null read on Dragonz struck me as kinda weird. Her posts struck me as kinda townie when I went by them.

-------------------------------------------------------------
My reads are kinda awful right now

Townie
franconp
plop

Somewhat town
Nakito
exmachina64
Verelios

Less town
Matt Attack
Style
TheExodu5
WhereAreMahDragonz
Zippedpinhead
FluxWaveZ
Sorian

Null
BlackBuzzard
Vanguard
Kerned
Hyperactivity

Lean scum
Flatearthpanda
StarSketch
PK Gaming

Scummy
-_-

The "less town" category is basically just shoehorn everybody I have any reason, however flimsy, to believe are town...

PK's tone seems better. Dragonz as I said felt kinda townie the last few pages, solvey (
her tone kinda reminds me of Lissa, Sorian
). Exodus still doesn't strike me as scum, but I haven't read into him post Sorian attack. I still like the tone of exmachina.

franconp

Meant to post it after the earlier post blaming Sorian for the RNG crap

No Sorian, RNG was mastered by Kyanrute, you're just a useless parasite on it now

I'm not to fond of how you avoided to clarify about the temporary thing. It also draw my attention but 11037 beat me to the point.

So, here we go again. Why are you saying it's a temporary vote? If you want to put some pressure on Sorian is Ok to me but if you add to the post that the vote is temporary what kind of pressure could you put on Sorian. If the vote is only temporary why make it?

Off to bed. Will read everything tomorrow morning and cast my vote.

I'm not to fond of how you avoided to clarify about the temporary thing. It also draw my attention but 11037 beat me to the point.

So, here we go again. Why are you saying it's a temporary vote? If you want to put some pressure on Sorian is Ok to me but if you add to the post that the vote is temporary what kind of pressure could you put on Sorian. If the vote is only temporary why make it?

Off to bed. Will read everything tomorrow morning and cast my vote.

It's a joke vote

let me clarify the intention

VOTE: Hyperactivity

#LYNCHHYPERDAY1!!!

Sorian

Banned
I dunno why, but I translated it:

Null read on Dragonz struck me as kinda weird. Her posts struck me as kinda townie when I went by them.

-------------------------------------------------------------
My reads are kinda awful right now

Townie
franconp
plop

Somewhat town
Nakito
exmachina64
Verelios

Less town
Matt Attack
Style
TheExodu5
WhereAreMahDragonz
Zippedpinhead
FluxWaveZ
Sorian

Null
BlackBuzzard
Vanguard
Kerned
Hyperactivity

Lean scum
Flatearthpanda
StarSketch
PK Gaming

Scummy
-_-

The "less town" category is basically just shoehorn everybody I have any reason, however flimsy, to believe are town...

PK's tone seems better. Dragonz as I said felt kinda townie the last few pages, solvey (
her tone kinda reminds me of Lissa, Sorian
). Exodus still doesn't strike me as scum, but I haven't read into him post Sorian attack. I still like the tone of exmachina.

If you think she is like Lissa then you should be unsurprised at my read. It's very clear that the way I treat Lissa is let her bumble though the game and hope scum or an investigation gives me her alignment. I wouldn't quite say Dragonz is that level, I just haven't paid her much mind and not much she's said has put her on my radar.

Top Bottom