• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Sold 2.4 Million Copies From January to March 2024, 5 Million Copies Since April 2023, and 22 Million Copies Life to Date

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
0IntlL7.png

Sega Sammy has released the company’s Fiscal Year Ending March 2024 (consisting of April 2023 to March 2024) Q4 financial results today. As with previous earnings reports, Sega has outlined the sales of their tentpole series, including Persona.

According to the financial results, the Persona series sold approximately 2.39 million units worldwide (including digital and physical sales) in January, February, and March 2024. This is in large part due to the release of Persona 3 Reload on February 2nd, which was the fastest selling Atlus title in the company’s history.

This makes for a total of 5.06 million copies sold of the Persona series in the Fiscal Year ended March 2024. 630k copies were sold between April and June 2023, 750k between July and September 2023, and 1.3 million sold between October and December 2023.

The Persona series has been experiencing a consistent level of growth year-to-year:
  • April 2021 to March 2022: 1.3 million copies sold worldwide
  • April 2022 to March 2023: 3.27 million copies sold worldwide (+1.97 million copies compared to previous year)
  • April 2023 to March 2024: 5.06 million copies sold worldwide (+1.79 million copies compared to previous year)

Previous Persona Sales Milestones​

In March 2024, Atlus announced that the Persona series had sold over 22 million units worldwide. As of December 2023, the Persona 5 series (including Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal, Persona 5 Strikers, and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight) has sold over 10 million copies worldwide.

Source - Persona Central

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Didn't really have anywhere else to put this and it's the most recent Persona related thread I could find.

Just rolled credits on P5R and absolutely loved my time with it - never, ever thought I'd get into this kind of game but I'm glad I gave it a shot, 100+ hours later and I'm sad to see the back of it. Just outstanding presentation, visuals, UI, animation, music, VO, really loveable cast of characters. Devolves into the usual anime nonsense but that's fine. Futaba best girl, but I was also gutted I could have more of Yoshizawa.

Guess I'm a weeb now. Roll on P6 and the inevitable P4G remake.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Didn't really have anywhere else to put this and it's the most recent Persona related thread I could find.

Just rolled credits on P5R and absolutely loved my time with it - never, ever thought I'd get into this kind of game but I'm glad I gave it a shot, 100+ hours later and I'm sad to see the back of it. Just outstanding presentation, visuals, UI, animation, music, VO, really loveable cast of characters. Devolves into the usual anime nonsense but that's fine. Futaba best girl, but I was also gutted I could have more of Yoshizawa.

Guess I'm a weeb now. Roll on P6 and the inevitable P4G remake.
persona5-futaba-sakura.gif

th4tguy

Remaking p3 was great for me. I own three different copies of p3 from over the years and reloaded is the first time I’ve actually even booted up the game. Platinumed it.
Remake of 4 would be less interesting to me though as I did beat golden on vita.

StereoVsn

Re-release both Persona 2 parts, you cowards.

Yeah, if they could do a combined remake of both parts into one game in a modern engine, Persona 2 could be amazing. Still probably the best Megaten or Persona story.

Remaking p3 was great for me. I own three different copies of p3 from over the years and reloaded is the first time I’ve actually even booted up the game. Platinumed it.
Remake of 4 would be less interesting to me though as I did beat golden on vita.

P4G Remake to a modern engine with better dungeons, more QoL and maybe some
More minor enhancements would be amazing. I am sure it could sell quite well.

But it’s all about opportunity cost and it depends which studio is doing what. Clearly P6 should be the focus.

Top Bottom