• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2008 Wii - hold Z and shake the nunchuck to headbutt Materazzi in the chest

25uoca1.jpg

updated as of post #251

MASTER LIST

Batongen
Code: 1118 0151 2944
Region: NORTH AMERICA

Battersea Power Station
Code: 3093 6994 8487

Chimkey
Code: 4210 3991 2503
Region: EUROPE

Evenflow
Code: 2105 8573 7565

fberger
Code: 2878 9606 7042

fresquito
Code: 3480 2562 0445

Gamecocks657
Code: 3995 6347 4466

Khanage
Code: 0430 8245 0300

kkg1701
Code: 2277 6599 5162

kurosawa (ruie)
Code: 0430 8244 8529

maxmars
Code: 2707 1555 4655

Mike Works
Code: 2019 9612 0213

norinrad21 (Fred)
Code: (to be updated)

Peetfeet
Code: 1676 3633 3255

Phife
Code: 3866 8063 5537
Region: Europe

Roders5
Code: 3136 6550 6532

sonatinas
Code: 1805 2224 4247

Tebunker
Code: 1160 9719 3314

Tf53
Code: 3222 5566 8415

Toma
Code: 0259 0245 3656

UKFO
Code: 2964 8627 7401

BY CONSOLE REGION

NORTH AMERICA

USA
Battersea Power Station
Gamecocks657
Evenflow
Tebunker
sonatinas

Canada
Mike Works

Brazil
fberger

Netherlands
norinrad21 (Fred)

Sweden
Battongen

EUROPE

UK
Chimkey
Khanage
peetfeet
Roders5

Germany
Toma
Phife

Italy
maxmars

Portugal
kurosawa (ruie)

Sweden
kkg1701

Spain
fresquito

Finland
Tf53
UKFO

Welcome to the official NEOGAF PES 2008 Wii online thread.

This will be an all encompassing thread used to get friend codes, arrange matches, and hopefully tournaments as well. Any news or updates will be edited into this post.

As for the first post, all GAF PES 2008 Wii players will have their information listed (edited in) once they post it.

Players will be listed alphabetically by their GAF name, as this will allow for easy access of looking up someone's friend code. So, if you want your name on the GAF PES Wii list, just post the following in this thread:

[PES Wii Friend Code]
[Region] (North America, Europe, Japan, Australia, Asia, Other)
[Country]

After the list of GAF names, there will be a second list of PES players by region and country of origin. This will allow you to search for players in the world closer to you, which should allow for better connections. You only need to post your info once, as I'll edit your name into the first post in both sections.

Any questions, feel free to ask! Otherwise, lets get a bunch of names on the list and some matches started while we all still suck evenly!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Toma
Code: 0259 0245 3656

And just for the ones who dont know. Matches are not possible over the big ocean. Also written in the manual "If you want to play against a friend in Europe..."etc

PES 2008 Wii - hold Z and shake the nunchuck to headbutt Materazzi in the chest

Approved. :D

Battersea Power Station
Code: 3093 6994 8487

Also, Batongen posted his info in the other thread, and I'm sure he'll eventually find his way here, but:

Batongen

Batongen

Banned
Thanks Battersea power station :)
Oh, too bad that you can't meet other people around the world:/

Batongen

as you can see, I have a NTSC system.

err, so you have a NTSC console in Sweden...

does that mean you can only play North American players or you can only play Euro players?

Mike Works said:
err, so you have a NTSC console in Sweden...

does that mean you can only play North American players or you can only play Euro players?
NA, because I can add him, but I can't add players from other regions. I'm guessing the "region verification" is simple enough that it consists of matching friend codes, i.e. each friend code carries in it the identity of the Wii console's region. It's not sophisticated to the level of accounting for imports.

By the way, anyone up for one? EDIT: Never mind. Gotta get some sleep.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
norinrad21 said:

Games should get the world together and not split continents in two >___>
At least not when I am on the side with less people :lol

Added peetfeet.

Toma

Well, what do you expect when we poor europeans are treated like shit by NOE, we import our stuff!

Just imported my NMH. Ive played the "cut" version already for about 5 hours with having loads of fun. So I expect a fungasm with the bloody nmh :D
Play-Asia sent it the thursday a week ago. It should be arriving not to soon. And when I am getting black and white nmh screens on my 50Hz TV I will cry sadly. Which is very likely going to happen. Have to use a friend of mine to play it then ._.
... Which reminds me... I have a 50hz only TV. And so naturally the 60Hz Modes in Ps2 games arent working. Like in Pes6 for example. I am just getting black & white screens there. It was the same with my 360 in the beginning with those 60Hz only Games like Viva Pinata. But someday it began to work with my 60Hz 360 Games Oo I have no fucking clue why. I am still hoping for a nmhiiracle.

peetfeet

Toma said:
Games should get the world together and not split continents in two >___>
At least not when I am on the side with less people :lol

Added peetfeet.

Cheers, i'll add you later when i get the Wii to myself!

kkg1701

kNkg: 2277 6599 5162

Region: EU (PAL-version of the game).

Sweden

Can wait with adding me since I'm still only at amateur level :) and will probably be there for a while.

KK

peetfeet

kkg1701 said:

Sweden

Can wait with adding me since I'm still only at amateur level :) and will probably be there for a while.

KK

added you

Toma

kkg1701 said:

Sweden

KK

Added.

Please add me back =)
(fc in the OP)

when reading KK I have to think of "KK Slider" *sighs* sweet sweet memories..

maxmars

Maxmars

Region: PAL (Europe)

I'm quite a newbie with football games but I'm willing to learn and play. :D

EDIT: I only need to add European players, yes?

haha norinrad, you gotta get rid of 4 numbers in your friends code buddy

as for the rest of you North American (console owners), i use Nintendo's wireless USB adapter, which is the biggest piece of shit device known to man, so i probably won't be playing too many online matches until i find a better solution. feel free to add me though, as i will add all of you once i get shit in order.

Toma

maxmars said:
Maxmars

added.

and you arent completely new =p You were one of the "bigger" names in the smash football thread ;)

not quite. You just have to add "EUROPEAN WII" owners. People in sweden with american Wii's arent quite sadly not available.

peetfeet

maxmars said:
Maxmars

Will add you tomorrow, my code is at the top of the page.

Batongen

Banned
I have added mike works and battersea power station, so if anyone is up for a game sometime, it's all up to you. I know that the time difference may be a problem, but I can't at least play between 12-18 new york time.

maxmars

Toma said:
added.

and you arent completely new =p You were one of the "bigger" names in the smash football thread ;)

not quite. You just have to add "EUROPEAN WII" owners. People in sweden with american Wii's arent quite sadly not available.

Got you. I've already added both europeans with pal wiis.

As for strikers, I consider that more of an arcade sports game, more twitchy less tactical. pes is almost an rts! And I am still learning the basics.

LOL, sorry Mike, i will be back with the Game code later.

God damn Nintendo and this friends code crap.

I thought we were adding the system code itself. I will have my game by Tuesday and i will update it.

Toma

maxmars said:
Got you. I've already added both europeans with pal wiis.

As for strikers, I consider that more of an arcade sports game, more twitchy less tactical. pes is almost an rts! And I am still learning the basics.

Sry that wasnt meant that seriously ^^ I see Strikers more as an Arcade game myself =) But I think you will get the hang of these football games pretty fast too. So I am looking forward to our match sometime soon =)

maxmars

Toma said:
Sry that wasnt meant that seriously ^^ I see Strikers more as an Arcade game myself =) But I think you will get the hang of these football games pretty fast too. So I am looking forward to our match sometime soon =)

Oh even this evening if you want, I'll be online at about 23:00 CET.

BTW tonight there's daylight saving time kicking in, but 23:00 is still with solar time.

Toma

kurosawa said:
ruie - europe

0430-8244-8529

portugal

anyone for a match this afternoon?

added. and maxmars i am online if you are.

Toma

Nope still waiting for my first gaf challenger to appear and to have the first match posted in this thread ;)

Khanage

UK gamer here.

Khanage
Code: 0430 8245 0300
Region: Europe

This is officially my favourite pro evo ever! Never thought I'd say that about a non dual-shock pro evo.

Toma

Hey ;) Still online for a game?

maxmars

Will add new ones when I'm at home.. In the meantime, did anyone use / see the wiiconnect24 feature of this game? I'm willing to try that as well.

Toma

maxmars said:
Will add new ones when I'm at home.. In the meantime, did anyone use / see the wiiconnect24 feature of this game? I'm willing to try that as well.

Anyone willing to give me his wii code? That is a feature where news is send to your message board. I cant try it out without someone to sent it too. And I dont want to spam some friends who I havent asked beforehand.

Toma

Thanks for the matches Kurosawa =)

You have no idea how my heart stopped every time c.ronaldo got the ball >_<

We had 3 matches and all were VERY close.

Germany/Toma (2) - Portugal/Kurosawa (1)

Germany/Toma
(2) - Portugal/Kurosawa (1)

Germany/Toma (2) 4 - Portugal/Kurosawa (2) 6 after penalty kick

We started the first match and naturally didnt knew what we were getting into. What I noticed was that Kurwosawa cleverly uses the freerun to maintain complete control over the position of his players which made it hard to steal his passes. In the first game I got quite a few but then he noticed and changed his style to more freerun. >__>
Anyway the first goal was mine :D
I scored that with a chip shot =p i dont know why but I like the idea that my first goal in a game with someone here was like that. Its awesome to see your player running towards the goalie and letting the ball slip slightly above him while he tries to catch it on the ground . And then it just slowly rolls into the goal while I raised my arms in triumph.
(I didnt)
What I just recognized.You could say that a person using freerun a lot is more effective than someone who doesnt. Which isnt quite true. I rarely use it just with the A Button to get someone elsewhere. Of course I use pressing B to send someone and immediately pass to him, all the time.
The problem with freerun is that if you are sending 3 midfielders with A to a position you wish 2 of them (who dont get the ball) are just plain standing there and wont do anything even if the ball lies right next to them because you gave them the order to go THERE.
And the second reason why I am not using this very much is because it costs time. While having corner kicks or free kicks you have all the time you need to prepare but to send players in game where you want to you have to leave the one with the ball vulnerable.

Just some thoughts and observations. I thought I would share them with you.

scenario 1: Player 2s defender has the ball and your are sending 3 midfielders freerun while you are walking slowly forward and send the ball to one of them. The other 2 are standing still in this scenario which means player 2 is effectively playing with 9 players on the field. They are still there and you can pass them the ball but they wont run forward on their own.
You could still send them forward but then they wouldnt make a decision on their own and you are left multitasking 2 more people maybe not involved with your attack because if player 1 would steal the ball he could run past them without them moving an inch.

scenario 2: Player 2 is attacking and while the player with the ball is keeping dribbling he has to take his cursor somwhere else to use it. Which isnt a problem if the one with the ball keeps running with the ball for a long long time. But thats hard to manage and you have to catch the opponents defense off guard. The problem is that you have no control over the player with the ball when you are sending players elsewhere with the A Button. Thats the reason why I am staying on one player most of the time (keep pressing b to send someone while still running, controlling the player AND be able to pass is a godsend for my playstyle) You have more control over him. You can tell him to stop or to dribble elsewhere. But when other players are used with A the focus shifts and you cant control the one with the ball.

Of course sending people down there where you want has some huuuuuge advantages especially when it comes down to players you want to pass the ball to (what I am using B for when I am sending ONE player who gets the ball) and Kurosawa also scored a goal thanks to his freerun abilities. But I guess its not obligatory to use on every player on the field. Lets see which one gets better as time goes by =)

Oh btw. I played a loooot of games in singleplayer and I think I got used to goals there >__>
I was having a freekick on the left side in front of the penalty box and the one player I wanted to pass it to stood right to the "wall" of Kurosawas players. I send him to the left using and keep pressing B, he ran behind the "wall", took the ball, turned right and shoot it into the right upper corner of the goal.

Is it condemnable to really feel awesome in such a moment? >__>

Awesome Games =) Thx Kuro.

And... C. Ronaldo... He made the most ignorant, lazy goal in all three games. Just stood in font of the penalty box not moving anything, got the ball, stood there for another second viewing the birds as they flew by, moved his leg because he seemed to stumble upon something and the ball kept rolling slooowly into the left lower corner of the goal.

>___> Konami are so awesome... they transferred my disliking towards C.Ronaldo RIGHT into the game.

:lol

kurosawa

you write as much as you score, toma! :D

great games.

the more we played, the more we knew about each other tactics and each game was more interesting and looking like real matches. germany always lethal in free kicks and corners and portugal the world's best team in playing the ball around :D

i'm looking forward to play again with you, Toma. Apart from the ocasional online bugs, this is some intense football! :)

Toma

Khanage said:
Nice write up of your games, sounds like a real football match.:D

Toma are you online? Up for a couple of games?

Sry I am leaving for an hour or so. Have to do something for my students club. Paying bills etc.

I am so online later if you are still then ;)

you write as much as you score, toma!

great games.

the more we played, the more we knew about each other tactics and each game was more interesting and looking like real matches. germany always lethal in free kicks and corners and portugal the world's best team in playing the ball around

i'm looking forward to play again with you, Toma. Apart from the ocasional online bugs, this is some intense football! :)

Well thats the short way to put it :lol
I just felt like I had to let out the pressure which I got while waiting 3-4 days for my first Gaf challenger to appear =p

Awesome awesome awesome =)

Toma

I am back. Just tell me when youre ready =)

Toma

Khanage said:
good game toma! Quite close!

This... was one of the strangest games... Ive ever had in ANY football game :lol
Ill cover that later.

Toma

You have nooo idea how often i was cursing my wiimote and my players for doing the stuff they were doing xD
Awesome games =)
Anytime again. But my hands are shivering after these penalty kicks so i have to bail out. For now.
I will return :D

Top Bottom