• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2008 Wii - hold Z and shake the nunchuck to headbutt Materazzi in the chest

Khanage

Good games Toma!

That last one was so close... first time I've played penalties! Had to go quickly read the manual to see how to do them!:lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Do you know that we played for One and a half hour? Oo

Khanage said:
Good games Toma!

That last one was so close... first time I've played penalties! Had to go quickly read the manual to see how to do them!:lol

Wow. Nice nice. Anyway. You made me destroy my chocolate easter bunny :lol
And that explains why it took you so long to klick on "NEXT" after the match ;)

The results:

Germany/Toma (2) - England/Khanage (3)
Germany/Toma (2) - England/Khanage (4)
Germany/Toma (4) - England/Khanage (1)
Germany/Toma (1) - England/Khanage (2)
Germany/Toma (1) 5 - England/Khanage (1) 6 after penalties

But seriously what was up with those bugs?
There were soooo many of them. Like one time where the ball fell down to the ground and your goalie refused to pick it up. And my player kicked it in.
There were so maaaany wtf moments. Even awesome ones. And everytime you got the ball to a single player on one side of the field I stopped breathing :lol

Just remembered another memorable moment. In the fourth game where you already scored the 2:1 I was so pumped that I let go of my controller and was prepared to throw it out of the window when I had a nice run towards your goal, around your defense, shoot the ball... the ball rolled behind your goalie towards the goal AND

turned right to hit aluminium.

Khanage

Didn't feel that long... Time does fly when you're playing pro evo!:D

Toma said:
But seriously what was up with those bugs?
There were soooo many of them. Like one time where the ball fell down to the ground and your goalie refused to pick it up. And my player kicked it in.
There were so maaaany wtf moments. Even awesome ones. And everytime you got the ball to a single player on one side of the field I stopped breathing :lol

Just remembered another memorable moment. In the fourth game where you already scored the 2:1 I was so pumped that I let go of my controller and was prepared to throw it out of the window when I had a nice run towards your goal, around your defense, shoot the ball... the ball rolled behind your goalie towards the goal AND

turned right to hit aluminium.

Yeah I know!!! What was up with my keeper?!! He should of easily picked it up. That made me bite my controller!:lol

You made quite a few runs into the box that my defenders couldn't handle... And I know the one you are talking about... I prepared myself for the worst...
and kind of rested my controllers... then I was like oh shit!! Got to get it out of here!:lol

sorry about your chocolate easter bunny...:lol

kkg1701

Ok, my first experience with online PES08 and it sucked :( Even though I have both 1MB (byte) in both up and down speed I apparenly have a bad connection and lost it at around 69min into the game. It was a fun game too since the one I was playing was about as good as me (equal amount of goal-chances). So I hope I've got better luck next time :/

KK

peetfeet

Added

Toma
maxmars
kurosawa (ruie)
kkg1701
Chimkey
Khanage

My Name on there is Pete-Gaf

Anybody around at the moment??

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
peetfeet said:
Added
Anybody around at the moment??

ah sry.
When are you on tomorrow (tuesday) ? Otherwise I ll sure be on on wednesday.

peetfeet

Toma said:
ah sry.
When are you on tomorrow (tuesday) ? Otherwise I ll sure be on on wednesday.

Probably anytime between 5-6:30pm GMT and then later around 10pm.

Slightly OT. I have worked out how to send scores to friends but it uses the Wii Codes (IE Wii friend list), how do you send your team to a friend on PES? am I missing summat?? I cant find the option anywhere.

maxmars

peetfeet said:
Probably anytime between 5-6:30pm GMT and then later around 10pm.

Slightly OT. I have worked out how to send scores to friends but it uses the Wii Codes (IE Wii friend list), how do you send your team to a friend on PES? am I missing summat?? I cant find the option anywhere.

You send it through wiiconnect24. Which means you need to exchange TWO sets of friend codes for this game -- the fc for the game to play online, the wii fc to send team data.

By the way, guys, sorry.. Yesterday I got lost playing solo. I am still learning new stuff, like dribbling through the nunchuck stick / double clicking on the ball bearer. I went to bed at 1 am and I still feel the need to practice more. :lol

Khanage

I went to bed at 3am... was playing champions road! It is soooo addictive!:D

Might be online for a couple of games in the next hour or so, but if I can't I will definitely be online this evening.

Have all the euro gaffers added each other? To be honest I'm surprised there aren't more gaffers from Europe playing this and posting their friend-code.

You send it through wiiconnect24. Which means you need to exchange TWO sets of friend codes for this game -- the fc for the game to play online, the wii fc to send team data.

This just shows how backwards online is with the wii! Thank god the games are pretty much lag-free.

peetfeet

maxmars said:

By the way, guys, sorry.. Yesterday I got lost playing solo. I am still learning new stuff, like dribbling through the nunchuck stick / double clicking on the ball bearer. I went to bed at 1 am and I still feel the need to practice more. :lol

I thought it must be, was hoping not tho....christ 2 bloody codes for one game! Perhaps we should add our WiiConnect24 codes too to this thread?

maxmars

Khanage said:
This just shows how backwards online is with the wii! Thank god the games are pretty much lag-free.

To make things worse, I have two different Wiis in my home. Basically some games I play on one, some others on the other one just to keep the friends' lists in array.

EA games do not have this problem but the only one I have is MoH2 (sold FIFA 08 in anticipation of PES) so it's not a big save.

peetfeet said:
I thought it must be, was hoping not tho....christ 2 bloody codes for one game! Perhaps we should add our WiiConnect24 codes too to this thread?

It would be ok for me.

kkg1701

Second online-match flowed pretty well (a little lag here and there). Lost 2-1 though :(. But that's pretty good considering my opponent was definitely a better payer than me. Although the winning goal was stupid :lol :lol :lol he hit my goalpost and it then bounced off my goalkeepers heel to be free to be shot into the goal :( really stupid goalie.

KK

kkg1701

I did like 10 mins ago :/ it says you're unapproved

EDIT: I'm gonna try and remove and readd you to see if that changes anything.

KK

Toma

Anyone online and NOT playing? ^^ Guess ruie and knkg are playing matches with each other. dont want to disturb their matches ;)

Toma

Time to get my lazy ass kicked :D

Toma

kurosawa said:
knkg kicked my ass (0-1, 0-2). i missed a panenka penalty. :(

Youve never played against khanage then xD
THIS is serious ass pwnage.

Tf53

Name: Tf53
WFC Code: 3222 5566 8415
Region: EUROPE

I'll be away on business until Monday, and after that I'll probably be jet lagged, but I'll try to sneak in a match or two every now and then.

Edit: Added everyone in Euroland incl. fresquito.

kkg1701

Yeah, Pete :) had some lucky shots in the second game too :) Although I was afraid my player would fail to score when he made the 2-0 goal after your goalie and defensemen managed to hand it to him on a silverplatter :D .

Ruie/Kurosawa nice games. I have to say though that you were unlucky to lose both games since imo you played better than me :lol

Added you Fres.

I think we soon have enough for a EU tournament :D

EDIT:
kurosawa said:
knkg kicked my ass (0-1, 0-2). i missed a panenka penalty. :(
Yeah, there seems to be something weird with inmatch penalties :) both of them that I've had against me were chips to the center where my goalie just had to stand still and catch.

And as Toma said, Khanage is KING :D he kicked my arse 4-0! And I wasn't even close to score once :lol

EDIT2: Can't play any more today :( since I've run out of charged batteries, will have more tomorrow though :)

KK

kurosawa

kkg1701 said:

KK

Now that would be great :)

I have to work on my end product, kk. otherwise it's just fancy footwork and great passing, just like... Portugal... :| :D

Toma

kkg1701 said:

EDIT:

Yeah, there seems to be something weird with inmatch penalties :) both of them that I've had against me were chips to the center where my goalie just had to stand still and catch.

And as Toma said, Khanage is KING :D he kicked my arse 4-0! And I wasn't even close to score once :lol

KK

So lets start to train for second place =p
I was beating him once 4:1

dont know how though

sry khanage ._. my batteries gave up midgame -.- guess you saw these mindless zombies.

kkg1701

kurosawa said:
I have to work on my end product, kk. otherwise it's just fancy footwork and great passing, just like... Portugal... :| :D

I think I play pretty similar to how Sweden usually do it; simple flank advancement when control of the ball, otherwise consentrate on defense and quick strikes with the attackers when opponent loses control in my half of the field.

KK

Khanage

Good games toma!

But that last game... Oh my god... I was swearing all through that one!:lol

My players were laggy... They kept on letting your players past me.. and I don't know why!

They were teleporting too!

Damn this game is addictive!:D

Toma

Sry Khanage. Would really love to play more matches soon =)

Right now I had to leave though because a friend wanted to talk to me. But wtf at those games? You have no idea how excited I was once I realized I could really beat you with a different team. I was shivering in excitement xD
And my 6:0 win at the end which made me look :D felt soooo soooo awesome but I guess you should rest up and get some concentration =p
Or the lag away ;)

We will definitely continue that ;)

AND WTF AT THOSE ALUMINUM BALLS??? I never hit the upper right aluminum corner like that EVER before. I shot the ball went INTO the corner. Right below the horizontal and left of the vertical aluminum bar -.-

Edit:

Erm... how do we want to keep this.. I mean I dont know about you. but I definitely recognized differences in our teams strengths. I will never never never ever
NEVER
go back to germany when you are playing england. Once I switched to Englang it became obvious I shouldnt go back. We should give the Barca - Manu Match another chance. But in my opinion we really should stay on a similar level with the teams.

Which also applies to the GAF TOURNAMENT.
Seriously guys. I had no chance with Germany against his England. But England - England was pretty even. Dont know how we are making rules then..
Maybe we are making "home" and "away" playing players. Meaning that if I am the player playing "home" player two has to choose the same team as i do.
And the other way round I would have to choose the same team as player 2 when he would be the "home" player.

Khanage

Toma said:
Sry Khanage. Would really love to play more matches soon =)

Right now I had to leave though because a friend wanted to talk to me. But wtf at those games? You have no idea how excited I was once I realized I could really beat you with a different team. I was shivering in excitement xD
And my 6:0 win at the end which made me look :D felt soooo soooo awesome but I guess you should rest up and get some concentration =p
Or the lag away ;)

We will definitely continue that ;)

AND WTF AT THOSE ALUMINUM BALLS??? I never hit the upper right aluminum corner like that EVER before. I shot the ball went INTO the corner. Right below the horizontal and left of the vertical aluminum bar -.-

lol!

This isn't over toma! I got to give you the payback!:D

They were some good games:

Khanage(win) 3 - 1 Toma
Khanage(win) 5 - 1 Toma
Khanage(win) 3 - 1 Toma
Khanage(win) 5 - 4 Toma
Khanage(win) 4 - 2 Toma
Khanage 2 - 4 Toma(win)
Khanage(win) 3 - 2 Toma
Khanage 0 - 6 Toma(win) (noooooOOOOOO!!!)

You hit the post loads!

I think we soon have enough for a EU tournament

This would be awesome!:D

Toma

Dont know which of your answers to quote.. Too confusing >_>

=p

Anyway... tell them tell them tell them that I got better the moment I changed the team. Since then it was 3:2 wins for you ^^

ROOOOAR xD I think I just found a rival for life =p

Khanage

For our games toma I thought England vs England was quite good.

For a tournament, I don't know what the rules should be. I think your idea could work... but we got time before deciding on that, let everyone get used to the game.

Toma

Khanage said:
For our games toma I thought England vs England was quite good.

For a tournament, I don't know what the rules should be. I think your idea could work... but we got time before deciding on that, let everyone get used to the game.

Yeah of course we got time to decide that. Its just that someone was already asking for a tournament =) And to know the rule set beforehand to be prepared cant do harm i guess. And that was my suggestion for balancing that.

And I know that my previous post sounds childish. I got carried away ;)

Khanage

Toma said:
Dont know which of your answers to quote.. Too confusing >_>

=p

Anyway... tell them tell them tell them that I got better the moment I changed the team. Since then it was 3:2 wins for you ^^

:lol :lol :lol

Toma got better the moment he changed teams...

But... that last game barca vs man utd was broken.. seriously! All my players wanted to do was run behind your players, even though they started out infront of them!!!:lol

Toma

Khanage said:
:lol :lol :lol

Toma got better the moment he changed teams...

But... that last game barca vs man utd was broken.. seriously! All my players wanted to do was run behind your players, even though they started out infront of them!!!:lol

WELL...

If youre not afraid we can have that match as often as you want :D

goddamn. I cant sleep. Still online for one match? ^^ Barca - Manu again? I swear the last match tonight ^^

Toma

Khanage said:
barca vs barca? come on... you know it makes sense:D

Haha. Admitting that Barca is 6:0 better than Manu? =p

Just kidding ;)
Im online in a few seconds.

Toma

=p

Barca/Toma (3) - Barca/Khanage (1)

ROOOOOAAARRR!

:D

Toma

God.. If I would read this when other people would do this I would so declare them crazy and stupid over nothing :lol
Well good that this is football. Makes this somewhat understandable. And second good its me :D
It just feels soooo awesome. Really I swear the moment I wrote in this thread that I am going to get my lazy ass kicked I knew that I had nooo chance and felt more like a punching ball. I love that game.. so who cares =)

But do you know how a punching ball feels when he realizes he can "snip" back? :D

I am really pumped for our next matches =)
See ya on the field sometime soon ;)

kkg1701

For a tournament... Which type should we use? (Elimination or RoundRobin)

I think everyone should play with the same team for each round (doesn't have to be the same team during the entire tourney), and this can either be determined before each round with votes (everyone has an equal chance for whatever team they want to play with) or before the start of the tourney (by sending in a team-list for the entire tourney).

Toma with whoever is home, do you mean what we decide on here or whoever gets it whenever they start the game? Because if it's in the game some people might get unlucky and never get to pick a team (yesterday I had to play as the away-team in all the games).

KK

Top Bottom