• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2008 Wii - hold Z and shake the nunchuck to headbutt Materazzi in the chest

Khanage

kkg1701 said:
For a tournament... Which type should we use? (Elimination or RoundRobin)

I think everyone should play with the same team for each round (doesn't have to be the same team during the entire tourney), and this can either be determined before each round with votes (everyone has an equal chance for whatever team they want to play with) or before the start of the tourney (by sending in a team-list for the entire tourney).

KK

I like this. This could work quite nicely.

i think for the north american tournament, i'll play the one other guy in north america who has this game and that will be for the championship

Khanage

Mike Works said:
i think for the north american tournament, i'll play the one other guy in north america who has this game and that will be for the championship

What a bummer... What is the reason in making it wi-fi region locked!? I can understand
making the game itself region locked...but... the online as well!!! Forced segregation bullshit!!!

p.s. thanks for setting up this awesome thread!:D

Batongen

Banned
Damnit, mike works, we're too far away from each other. The only one that has accepted my friend code seems to be Battersea power station, and he is always offline when I'm online:/ Can't we agree on a time when it suits us both, possibly this weekend?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Khanage said:
I like this. This could work quite nicely.

Hm... Good Idea. Maybe everyone should choose 3 teams (so that we have something what we can "vote") because otherwise we could very well be stuck with one vote for every team someone likes to play with.
Lets just say brazil gets 6 votes and therefore the most.. Would it be the team to be played with in the finals? (what would be kind of logical) Ooor would it be the team to play with in the first round so that everybody who voted for it has the chance to get the hand on it?

Chance is that someone never plays on of his voted teams during the tournament but its more likely this way.

Oh and has anyone here the possibility to record some matches?

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Roders5
Code: 3136 6550 6532
Region: Europe

I've added all the european people in the first post. We can't play people from different regions then? Or should I add everyone?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Roders5 said:
Roders5
Code: 3136 6550 6532
Region: Europe

I've added all the european people in the first post. We can't play people from different regions then? Or should I add everyone?

Nope. Just european guys on european Wiis.
Ill add you back in a minute if you want to play a match or two =)

kkg1701

Toma said:
Hm... Good Idea. Maybe everyone should choose 3 teams (so that we have something what we can "vote") because otherwise we could very well be stuck with one vote for every team someone likes to play with.
Lets just say brazil gets 6 votes and therefore the most.. Would it be the team to be played with in the finals? (what would be kind of logical) Ooor would it be the team to play with in the first round so that everybody who voted for it has the chance to get the hand on it?

Chance is that someone never plays on of his voted teams during the tournament but its more likely this way.

Oh and has anyone here the possibility to record some matches?

Hum, if we do a RR we could have everyone have one round where they get to decide which team should be played. Also to add some extra tactics we make up the playing order beforehand so if you know you have say 3rd round and know you play Khanage then you can decide on some team that you have a good shot at beating him with :D.

I used to have a VIVO-card but it crapped out on me (think it's possible I could borrow a friends video-capturecard but not certain).

KK

Toma

Germany/Toma (4) - Netherlands/Roders5 (3)

England/Toma (5) - Italy/Roders5 (4)

England/Toma (2) - Argentina/Roders5 (4)

wow. Really nice games. I am just about to write a Gaf Faq for this game with the question asked on every page xD And one thing Id like to mention is the offside trap >__>
You really should use it more cautious. When I see you doing this I just cancel my pass and walk right through it which leads to me having a very good chance for a goal.

I cant really imagine that youre already that good though >__> Lots of the stuff you used have I just learned effectively in online play. Guess you will become a BEAST when you get more training online >__>
*shivers*

How the hell do you do that??
Every time I finished playing today with some Gaffer someone else comes online asking for a game :lol
I will let you decide whether you want me to turn on my Wii ;)
*spark of rivalry glimmering in his eyes*

Khanage

just playing some games with chimkey.

If you want I can play some games after with you as well..

Are you ready? well... are you?:D

Chimkey

Good games khanage, safe to say i aint at your level yet but fun anyway. Corking 2nd goal in the 2nd game when it rebounded twice and then in off my defenders knee.

Khanage

Chimkey said:
Good games khanage, safe to say i aint at your level yet but fun anyway. Corking 2nd goal in the 2nd game when it rebounded twice and then in off my defenders knee.

Good games mate!

Yeah I know! That was weird. The thing is in that game
I had so many chances to score a 2nd goal but every time it hit the post or went wide! All these great chances... and then my 2nd goal is an own goal!:lol

Chimkey

haha i kinda knew what was going to happen in the 3rd game after u dominated and had so many chances in the 2nd game but i couldnt resist giving it another go.

Khanage

Chimkey said:
haha i kinda knew what was going to happen in the 3rd game after u dominated and had so many chances in the 2nd game but i couldnt resist giving it another go.

Yeah sorry about that.. the 2nd game pissed me off.. so I had to vent it all out in the 3rd.:D

Good games all round.. let me know when you are up for some games some other time.

Toma

Aaaack . damnit. Win for you.
Dont want to pussy out but I just got a call which left me a bit distracted during the match.
"NOT NOW, SERIOUSLY CALL ME BACK LATER" but somehow I had to clarify this during our match and have to leave for now >__> sry I really would have liked to play some more. But i have to go visit someone now.

fresquito

Good matches. I had some lag problems where I would shake the nunchuk but nothing would happens. But yeah, it's been good, playing against another person is totally different to playing against the computer. And wow, after playing with my awful road to champion team, playing with spain is something else. I really love playing with Xavi, Iniesta and Silva :D

Khanage

Good games Ruie!

I was finding it difficult marking your players in the box! Doesn't help when you select one of your players in the box and my defender doesn't go to him. hmmmm

I like the way you play though. A lot of wing play... I need to do more of that but my formation isn't really set up for that.

fresquito

Khanage said:
Good games Ruie!

I was finding it difficult marking your players in the box! Doesn't help when you select one of your players in the box and my defender doesn't go to him. hmmmm

I like the way you play though. A lot of wing play... I need to do more of that but my formation isn't really set up for that.
Yeah, he does a lot of wing play. However, having Ronaldo and Simao on your squad helps quite a bit :lol

kurosawa

what i think is the most interesting thing is that you have really to adapt yourself to your opponents style. i had a lot of trouble with fresquito and lost the two games, and then you had a lot of trouble with my wings :D

really nice games, and by the way khanage, you deserved to win that last game without the penalty kicks. i was really lucky to score that lgoal in the last minute.

Khanage

kurosawa said:
what i think is the most interesting thing is that you have really to adapt yourself to your opponents style. i had a lot of trouble with fresquito and lost the two games, and then you had a lot of trouble with my wings :D

really nice games, and by the way khanage, you deserved to win that last game without the penalty kicks. i was really lucky to score that lgoal in the last minute.

You're right, more than ever before in pro evo, you need to adapt to their play. One style of play is not enough!

Good games all round, look forward to our next game!

I'll get you yet Kurosawa! (waves fist in the air):lol

kurosawa

Khanage said:
You're right, more than ever before in pro evo, you need to adapt to their play. One style of play is not enough!

Good games all round, look forward to our next game!

I'll get you yet Kurosawa! (waves fist in the air):lol

Oh you'll get me, sure... but I'll beat you :D

we need a tournament!

maxmars

Okay, I finished all training lessons, completed the 3rd tier of the tournament (only for one league, though), I think I can play online now.

I didn't want to play before because I didn't know how to play, winning or losing would have been a matter of pure luck, now at least I can understand what's going on. I've added everyone, see you online one of these nights. Be gentle. :D

fresquito

kurosawa said:

Quite right. One of the things I first praised about PES Wii is the fact that you can play to your team's strenghts. In past PES iterations, playing wiith Germany was a bit stupid, since its play one on one wasn't very good, but playing here it's much more satisfying.

The same can be said about Spain, where you can move the ball without your opponent even seeing where it's, just opening spaces with lots of movents on the second raw, awaiting for the open space to appear and bam! goal.

Awesome game.

Toma

fresquito said:
Quite right. One of the things I first praised about PES Wii is the fact that you can play to your team's strenghts. In past PES iterations, playing wiith Germany was a bit stupid, since its play one on one wasn't very good, but playing here it's much more satisfying.

The same can be said about Spain, where you can move the ball without your opponent even seeing where it's, just opening spaces with lots of movents on the second raw, awaiting for the open space to appear and bam! goal.

Awesome game.

I played with Germany against England/Khanage and stand absolutely noooo chance. Soon as I switched to England vs England we were getting on the same level.
I dont think Germany is represented very well in this game.
But I agree with every tiny bit you guys are saying other than that ;)

Oh anybody on in a few minutes? Lets say 10-15?

fresquito

Toma said:
I played with Germany against England/Khanage and stand absolutely noooo chance. Soon as I switched to England vs England we were getting on the same level.
I dont think Germany is represented very well in this game.
But I agree with every tiny bit you guys are saying other than that ;)

Oh anybody on in a few minutes? Lets say 10-15?
Well, I don't know about you, but for me, playing with germany means doing long balls to the area, be them clear or not, and shooting from afar. It's worked for me. However I haven't played with Germany against a human being.

Toma

fresquito said:
Well, I don't know about you, but for me, playing with germany means doing long balls to the area, be them clear or not, and shooting from afar. It's worked for me. However I haven't played with Germany against a human being.

Do you want to? =p
We can set up a Germany - Germany match or you Germany and for me England. Which could be very unfair. But you could see the differences then I guess.

Toma

England/Toma (4) - Italy/Chimkey (1)
England/Toma (7) - Italy/Chimkey (0)

Sry about that >___>
I NEVER had a game where sooo much went as it should be as the last one >__>
It was like everything I was trying in other matches with other Gaffers seemed to work in that one >__>
Remember that free kick where I send behind your defense and he was running aaaall the way (to Reno) from the middle of the field to your goal keeper? Ive tried that countless times and it was the first time today that it worked. Same with chipshots. Ive never made that much succesful chipshots in any game.

Sry =/ If you want to play again sometime if you want to we can do so =) I dont think the next matches are going to be that clear =)

Chimkey

haha no need to apologise, u scored some awesome goals. It soon went downhill after i scored the first goal. Need to work on defending against people running with the ball, u kept cutting me wide open. I will be around to play, gotta beat one gaffer at least! good games toma!

Toma

Guess that is the thing that works best for me and my playing style. I am pretty good with running and playing through the defense so most of my goals do I score this way >__> I cant really get the hang of shots from far away (but they work from time to time) and even less balls from the side to the offense.
And thats why I specialized (since PES 3 I think) on my players to dribble their way to the goal :lol

fresquito

Great games Toma. It was a bit of a laggy fest, but still good games. I don't know what was happening when my players would sorround yours and he would still run like there's none around :lol

I wish we could play lag free, because it doesn't feel right to the fullest. Sometimes I wonder if it's me doing things right or wrong or it's lag playing with us.

Toma

Me me me me!!!
We have something to clarify =p

Oh and Nice matches Fresquito!

German/Toma (2)
- Germany/Fresquito (0)
England/Toma (3) - Spain/Fresquito (1)
England/Toma (1) - Spain/Fresquito (5)

The last one hurt pretty much >__>
But I'll get my revenge :D

fresquito said:
Great games Toma. It was a bit of a laggy fest, but still good games. I don't know what was happening when my players would sorround yours and he would still run like there's none around :lol

I wish we could play lag free, because it doesn't feel right to the fullest. Sometimes I wonder if it's me doing things right or wrong or it's lag playing with us.

hehe wont tell you =p

But the worst lag I encountered was where the offense player shoot the ball over the goal. you see the ball rolling away and suddenly the ball "chips" right into the goal >__>
That was weird >_<

fresquito

Toma said:
Me me me me!!!
We have something to clarify =p

Oh and Nice matches Fresquito!

German/Toma (2)
- Germany/Fresquito (0)
England/Toma (3) - Spain/Fresquito (1)
England/Toma (1) - Spain/Fresquito (5)

The last one hurt pretty much >__>
But I'll get my revenge :D

hehe wont tell you =p

But the worst lag I encountered was where the offense player shoot the ball over the goal. you see the ball rolling away and suddenly the ball "chips" right into the goal >__>
That was weird >_<
I had some of those. One of the had the ball running all alone, but suddenly Roonie appeared bearing it, just in front of my goal :lol

In the second match I found many times were I would just have to do the final pass or final shoot and your defender was quite far from me, but suddenly he somehow would get in the way :lol So I had this feeling that something weird was happening.

On the last match the feeling was also there, but since I won I didn't care that mutch :D

Toma

Nice match chimkey =) And you scored the goal with just 9 players on the field xD

Sry I really would have liked to play more >__>
but...but..
He rang the BELL!!!

Toma

Awesome Awesome match. Very very awesome.
I lost 4:6. But ... simply awesome.

Top Bottom