• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2013 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| A New Hope

rvy

Banned
Castolo_marca.png

¡¡¡Tengo la pelota!!! ¡¡¡Ahí voy, la tiro!!! ¡¡¡Si, si!!! ....¡¡¡NOOO!!! ¡¡¡MALDITO PORTERO DE #@*#!!!

zkylon

zkylewd
Well known players like Djolmeyerzky and Quetzalcoatlzky. I really miss Palmieri from the youth squad. He was my goto guy in defense.
Palmieri was crazy awesome. Schwarz too. Never put any japanese guys from the youth squad because they were ridiculously OP, though...

cozo

best thing about PES2013... you don't need to use xtaf or any of that nonsense to apply option files on the 360

yaaaaassssssssssssssssssssss

Thrakier

I think I stopped playing this game yesterday. Probably won't go back to it. Mind you, I'm a PES-Fan and I hate FIFA with a passion. Both games are just shit. FIFA, because I feel nothing while playing it, and PES because it has so many issues and really didn't change over the years. The AI is just too fucking dumb. In the offensive play but also in the defensive play. The game is just not believable. It's like you watch a bunch of really really really bad amateur players kicking.

I hope for next gen. They should also stop the yearly cash ins and try to find a better model. In 9 months you can do only so much and I guess it's pretty hard to finish a game for release, so over the course of a generation you probably loose 1-2 years development time all in all.

Ryck

I think I stopped playing this game yesterday. Probably won't go back to it. Mind you, I'm a PES-Fan and I hate FIFA with a passion. Both games are just shit. FIFA, because I feel nothing while playing it, and PES because it has so many issues and really didn't change over the years. The AI is just too fucking dumb. In the offensive play but also in the defensive play. The game is just not believable. It's like you watch a bunch of really really really bad amateur players kicking.
I hate to say it but I am feeling the same way right now. This new version just isn't different enough to make me want to keep putting up with the old flaws. Gonna put it down for a bit and come back to it later, maybe I am just a bit burnt out on it. ( I played 2012 up until and even after I got 2013).

Thrakier

With which right they ask full price for a 9 month dev cycle while others take the same amount of money for 2 to 4 years. I know I know, they are not the only one doing it that way, but the minimal updates in the sport series are the worst imo, it's not only PES but only FIFA and probably all of the other EA cash ins. I guess one of the reasons I stopped playing those games. It's quantitiy over qualitiy all over the sports sector. And they still do it this way although we have digital distribution strategies available that could change a lot. But no. To be honest, it kinda satifies me to see that they sell less and less of this shit. It's just bad that at the same moment EA startet selling more and more of an even shittier game.

Spat_triate

I hope for next gen. They should also stop the yearly cash ins and try to find a better model. In 9 months you can do only so much and I guess it's pretty hard to finish a game for release, so over the course of a generation you probably loose 1-2 years development time all in all.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68264

Modding community to the rescue. This tool has a feature called 'Balace CPU/Human Teams' that gives your players the same AI as the CPU. That means that they don't always play like Beginner Level CPU. It works very well.

Is there a a fully fleshed out mod to replace the unlicensed teams, like in the old days with PES?

http://www.pes-patch.com/2012/09/pesedit-com-2013-patch-1-1.html

I've been using this teams patches for the last 3-4 years. Professional quality stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68264

Modding community to the rescue. This tool has a feature called 'Balace CPU/Human Teams' that gives your players the same AI as the CPU. That means that they don't always play like Beginner Level CPU. It works very well.
Wow, first time I hear of this. Sounds like magic, me like.

edit: cannot see the page, cannot register (says signups are disabled by administrator), got an external link?

hammster

Archbishop of Canterburny
I REALLY enjoyed demo 2. I'm a little worried by some of the comments here so I'm wondering, if I enjoyed the demo, will I enjoy the game?

inky

Does the AI have insane accuracy in close free kicks? Is your defense braindead and will stumble every time there's a ball through, or an opponent rushing towards them? Is your goalkeeper useless in almost every situation that requires him to take control of a loose ball? Do you get a yellow card every time you approach with a bit of force regardless of where the foul is committed, time left, aggression level or urgency of the play?

Yep, it's still PES.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Are NTSC and PAL edit modes still incompatible? If so, anybody know wher I can find a PS3 NTSC edit file?

Spat_triate

Wow, first time I hear of this. Sounds like magic, me like.

edit: cannot see the page, cannot register (says signups are disabled by administrator), got an external link?

http://jenkey1002.blogspot.com/

OR

http://www.pesjp.net/Gameplaytool/2013/index.html

It's just a shame they choose to add Bundesliga 2 instead of another top European division.

They add more div 2 leagues as time goes on. Last year I think they had all the major ones.

jabuseika

I second the PesEdit.com Patches, they add a ton of stuff, and update often.

After playing the game a bit, the main gameplay changes they made since the last game are so few, does Konami have like 4 guys working on this series?

>.>

But I do like the new ML look.

dsk1210

rvy

Banned
Just bought PES 6 and 2008 for 10 bucks each. PES 6 feels awesome on the 360. Fuck yes, I missed this.

I don't even know why Fifa is selling tons and tons. Is it because of the licences? Certainly not because it's catching the sport so well.

Because Konami lost so many PES gamers with there weak efforts in the 360/PS3 era. I honestly dont think Konami will ever get them back exclusively.

Even though they are getting back on track I think its real tough for them.

zkylon

zkylewd
Because Konami lost so many PES gamers with there weak efforts in the 360/PS3 era. I honestly dont think Konami will ever get them back exclusively.

Having the same exact errors every game doesn't really help. I feel like 15-20 people may be working on these games, at best...

rvy

Banned

Yeah, PES fans jumped ship. FIFA already sold better than PES previously, the best PES ever got was close to FIFA's sales in PES 5/6. PES fans jumping ship causes a landslide victory every year.

Kikujiro

Guys you know you can totally fake a picture like that if you work in a shop and Fifa fanboys are the craziest so I won't take seriously that picture. PES2013 will do just fine.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i was as die hard a pro evo fan as there could be, hated fifa, thought pes 6 was the best football game in existence. Now i love fifa and ever pes game since 6 hast felt terrible. I have to push myself to even try the demos these days.

I don't even know why Fifa is selling tons and tons. Is it because of the licences? Certainly not because it's catching the sport so well.

Having so many teams and being way more accurate with stats and such. Not having been a joke this gen (seriously after PES08 it's amazing anyone would ever give it another try). Lots of different game modes.

It's really no wonder, at this point it takes a lot more for PES than just catching up which is what it's still doing, to sell well, most people has gone to Fifa, even people like me who was a huge ISS/PES fanboy back on ps1 and ps2.

Guys you know you can totally fake a picture like that if you work in a shop and Fifa fanboys are the craziest so I won't take seriously that picture. PES2013 will do just fine.

it will be £25 or less in the UK next month. It will sink like a stone over the next few weeks.

I have seen one site already drop PES 2013 to £28 and its only a week old.

Desaan

I'm about done with Konami and PES despite looking promising I can't even play my favourite mode (Master League Online) due to this shit:

e8227f21cd76ebacad5728bd28357d97b8623644.jpg

I can play anything else on the PC just fine, even on the god awful GFWL. I even disabled my firewalls and DMZ'd my PC (lulz) just put it to bed and confirm Konami's servers/netcoding suck balls. Tried everything, even switching routers, port forwarding......nothing.

Back to Fifa it is then. Good job it only cost me £15, waste of money.

NINJA EDIT: Ok, I got it working - using a VPN to Amsterdam, but seriously...WTF?

Spat_triate

Konami reaped what they sowed this generation, no more no less. I have no clue what they do with the proceeds that they get from PES (It still sells better in South America/Japan and some parts of Europe).

EA knows what they have with FIFA and at least seems interested in reinvesting some of what they make back into tech that supports the game.

By contrast, Konami has done fuck-all with their tech since the PS2 days. The games stagnated then got worse and customers moved on.

Every year they sell smaller and smaller quantities of a series that has the potential to make them a ton of money. I hope the development team has had the fire lit under their asses, because if PES 2014 is anywhere as bad as PES 2008 was, it's all over.

rvy

Banned
Konami reaped what they sowed this generation, no more no less. I have no clue what they do with the proceeds that they get from PES (It still sells better in South America/Japan and some parts of Europe).

EA knows what they have with FIFA and at least seems interested in reinvesting some of what they make back into tech that supports the game.

By contrast, Konami has done fuck-all with their tech since the PS2 days. The games stagnated then got worse and customers moved on.

Every year they sell smaller and smaller quantities of a series that has the potential to make them a ton of money. I hope the development team has had the fire lit under their asses, because if PES 2014 is anywhere as bad as PES 2008 was, it's all over.

Kojimas-next-project-powered-by-fox-engine.jpg

Maybe a new beginning, maybe the end.

Desaan

There is still so much potential with PES but year after year they fall further and further behind FIFA and they seem to have quite happily accepted second place as there is no other competing franchise.

Sou

There is still so much potential with PES but year after year they fall further and further behind FIFA and they seem to have quite happily accepted second place as there is no other competing franchise.

Relying on the fans to complete your game post-launch is not the way to sell a game where success depends on that missing piece.

I am talking about team rosters and not licenses.

maxxpower

It's funny that even though PES this year is still horrible, FIFA is even more horrible. I would be less pissed if I could buy FIFA instead of PES but unfortunately FIFA is just so bad that it makes PES look good even though PES is horrible as well.

We need a third developer.

Nyx

All this negativity...

Really, this is the only PES 2013 thread I visit that has more negative than positive people.
And about the Fifa vs PES debate, even though Fifa has all the flash, PES 2013's gameplay is miles ahead imo.

Top Bottom