• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2013 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| A New Hope

PaulLFC

Highest difficulty, tried different settings. It's the same as the last years. It got better a bit but it's still bad. The change to Fifa is huge in this regard and it's *instantly* noticable. It feels like a relief that I don't need to yell at my own players all the time.
That doesn't happen for me at all, I can only think your game plan settings are limiting the team support levels, pressing etc that you can set in tactics.

Thrakier

That doesn't happen for me at all, I can only think your game plan settings are limiting the team support levels, pressing etc that you can set in tactics.

No, it's not me or my settings. It's the game. You can even try the set strategies (counter, standard etc.), it's always the same. AI in PES is just plain dumb. Just because it got better over the years doesn't mean that it's actually good. Like I said, switchting to Fifa 13 (not 12) seems like a huge relief.

Nyx

No, it's not me or my settings. It's the game. You can even try the set strategies (counter, standard etc.), it's always the same. AI in PES is just plain dumb. Just because it got better over the years doesn't mean that it's actually good. Like I said, switchting to Fifa 13 (not 12) seems like a huge relief.

I think the exact opposite in regard to Fifa 13.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I never thought I'd say this:

After playing the Fifa 13 demo I have to say that Fifa 13 is a much much better game than PES. It's not without faults for sure, but very advanced compared to the joke which PES-series became.

I got PES13 first and then returned it (no one of my friends got it this year..like no one at all and they were PES fans back in the day) and the just didn't click for me and there is nothing new here and got FIFA 13 for PS3,and yeah I agree FIFA 13 is years and years better than PES 13.

I really hope PES 14 with fox engine do something for the sake of the genre. (or just gave up and give us arcadey ISS again)

Hanmik

here are the packshots and news on the "other" versions of the game:

PES 2013 returns on October 25th

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH will release the PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable) and PlayStation(R)2 versions of PES 2013 on October 25th, followed by a version for Wii(TM) on November 15th.

Offering greater levels of control and realism, the new PES 2013 iterations also exclusively feature both the UEFA Champions League(TM) and South American Copa Libertadores competitions.

KONAMI also confirmed that the Nintendo 3DS(TM) version will follow shortly afterwards.

ir9wCkAhz9FDf.jpg

ibqYV9OM2to5Rf.jpg

ivGxhoViQ2PzC.jpg

i8lTDwZOjmqNR.jpg

PaulLFC

I got PES13 first and then returned it (no one of my friends got it this year..like no one at all and they were PES fans back in the day) and the just didn't click for me and there is nothing new here and got FIFA 13 for PS3,and yeah I agree FIFA 13 is years and years better than PES 13.

I really hope PES 14 with fox engine do something for the sake of the genre. (or just gave up and give us arcadey ISS again)
Years and years? Massive exaggeration. I've noticed this a lot, people saying PES is nowhere compared to FIFA, a lot of the time though none of them give specific examples of where they are behind (physics engine is one such reason). Sometimes it appears to be PES bashing for the sake of it.

To be honest both games are pretty underwhelming and neither could play a realistic game of football if their digital lives depended on it. First year in a decade that I've given up on football games entirely.

Both franchises need a massive fucking overhaul to get me interested again.

rvy

Banned
To be honest both games are pretty underwhelming and neither could play a realistic game of football if their digital lives depended on it. First year in a decade that I've given up on football games entirely.

Both franchises need a massive fucking overhaul to get me interested again.

Join the NBA 2K party. I know I did and don't plan on going back any time soon. Football games are shit this generation.

Spat_triate

Years and years? Massive exaggeration. I've noticed this a lot, people saying PES is nowhere compared to FIFA, a lot of the time though none of them give specific examples of where they are behind (physics engine is one such reason). Sometimes it appears to be PES bashing for the sake of it.

Well they are years and years behind: in presentation, commentary (with gems like "2 goals for the good and they're set fair!"), animation, refereeing/application of essential rules (ex. advantage rule) and online modes. Fifa also arguably has the better career mode this year.
However, although PES' animations are laughable, it is years and years ahead in making the players feel individuals bound by the laws of physics.

If they don't at least address their animation problems in PES 2014, the next gen series is probably going to be DOA.

Join the NBA 2K party. I know I did and don't plan on going back any time soon. Football games are shit this generation.
I was curious and bought NBA2k13. The game is complicated as hell. I can't remember half the shit i learned in the training mode. It doesn't help that I don't know shit about basketball.

PaulLFC

Well they are years and years behind: in presentation, commentary (with gems like "2 goals for the good and they're set fair!"), animation, refereeing/application of essential rules (ex. advantage rule) and online modes. Fifa also arguably has the better career mode this year.
However, although PES' animations are laughable, it is years and years ahead in making the players feel individuals bound by the laws of physics.

If they don't at least address their animation problems in PES 2014, the next gen series is probably going to be DOA.
I think the animation is quite good this year, certainly much improved from last year. It's not having a complementary physics engine to make some of those real-time that hurts it. Commentary is equally as rubbish on FIFA this year, I was looking forward to the dynamic commentary but I've hard the same lines repeated over and over again, sometimes even more often than Pro Evo. Advantage rule is played, they just don't show an icon, they haven't for a few years. Online is better in FIFA, hopefully that'll improve with the new engine. FIFA's career mode is still boring IMO, having plenty of fun with Master League so far.

-Amon-

It's easy, because there is no substantial difference. Both games fail hard to represent in a decent way football.

Gameplay wise both have great problems in different areas. In my opinion for this year PES is much better when played local multiplayer.

Online remains FIFA territory only because PES has horrendous lag. Fifa has a little less and more online modes.

When played against AI both games fail hard.

Fifa wins for rosters and jerseys but pes is moddable on consoles and there are great updates around.

For me both games are quite in the same territory, Pes does better in some aspect and fifa in others.

The real problem is that both are far from being good football sims.

Spat_triate

I think the animation is quite good this year, certainly much improved from last year. It's not having a complementary physics engine to make some of those real-time that hurts it. Commentary is equally as rubbish on FIFA this year, I was looking forward to the dynamic commentary but I've hard the same lines repeated over and over again, sometimes even more often than Pro Evo. Advantage rule is played, they just don't show an icon, they haven't for a few years. Online is better in FIFA, hopefully that'll improve with the new engine. FIFA's career mode is still boring IMO, having plenty of fun with Master League so far.

The animations they have are ok, nothing impressive, the main problem is that they need more of it. Fifa's commentary may repeat, but it at least sounds like modern footie commentary (seriously who says "he took the shot with much aplomb"), it sounds like a Japanese dude wrote the commentary and the commentators repeated it verbatum. I should be more clear with my crit of advantage rule. Yes it is used, but it is a very simplistic, binary implementation (referee doesn't give cards after adv. rule etc). The master league is ruined by rampant scripting (form arrows come to mind - I've had my team on blues and purples at home, while the CPU almost always have oranges and reds). IMO they just need to chuck all of their code in the trash and start over.

Oh by the way I don't like Fifa either, but I can appreciate what it does better.

rvy

Banned
I was curious and bought NBA2k13. The game is complicated as hell. I can't remember half the shit i learned in the training mode. It doesn't help that I don't know shit about basketball.

I had that issue as well last year, you'll start getting things eventually. My Player is good for understanding the game, you'll get a shitty rating if you mess up and they'll explain to you how you messed up.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

Oh God no, 2k improves at a slower pace than even pes. Theyre completely full of themselves, work with a skeleton crew and offer minimal support. Nononono

Hanmik

KONAMI details today’s PES 2013 online updates

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH will release the first free update and second DLC elements for its stunning PES 2013 title today, enhancing the online elements of the game and bringing its team rosters up to date.

As with previous iterations of the series, KONAMI is committed to constantly adding to PES 2013, and the first update content ramps up the online side of the game. Available today for PlayStation®3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC, the update adds a Widget system that acts as a shortcut to gathering friends together for online matches. PES 2013 allows up to eight people to play in a match simultaneously, and the new download adds Community modes, wherein friends can be automatically selected from a pre-determined list, and allows Communities to track and monitor their results. Users can also now concede a match at half-time.

KONAMI will also release a 2nd DLC pack that reflects all summer transfers, adds further UEFA elements, team updates and 11 new boot designs.

so a "tittle update" the same day as Fifa..?

rvy

Banned
lol, according to this game Puyol is as fast as Ronaldo. Very nice. So anyway, this is a POS. Played my last match as Madrid against Barça, can't even remember the amount of times my players lost awareness of the ball and let it go through their legs after a pass from a teammate. Ridiculous. The only redeeming quality in this game is playing with Ronaldo, because he's very well represented in-game. Animation wise and shooting wise.

On top of that, there's the CPU cheats and all. Back to 2k, fuck off with your awful football Konami. Come back next year with a proper football game. PES 6 on 360 is a much better than this, I'll stick to that. Even 2008 is more fun to play.

Thrakier

lol, according to this game Puyol is as fast as Ronaldo. Very nice. So anyway, this is a POS. Played my last match as Madrid against Barça, can't even remember the amount of times my players lost awareness of the ball and let it go through their legs after a pass from a teammate. Ridiculous. The only redeeming quality in this game is playing with Ronaldo, because he's very well represented in-game. Animation wise and shooting wise.

On top of that, there's the CPU cheats and all. Back to 2k, fuck off with your awful football Konami. Come back next year with a proper football game. PES 6 on 360 is a much better than this, I'll stick to that. Even 2008 is more fun to play.

Yeah, the cheating is really the worst. You kinda "feel" when the CPU is about to start "cheat mode" and you know "ok I'll get a goal now or at least it'll be close".

Ashes

Banned

Don't you mean EA?

ibu

I hope this update comes soon, Local MP is borked for me apparently due to the 2012 data, which was deleted, but still the issue remains. The game crashes whenever I try to play local multiplayer in Exhibition/Champions League.

The amount of freezes I have had from this game trying to play locally is beyond a joke, it will be put in a corner and forgotten about until Konami fix or I get back back to the UK and can trade it in, whichever happens first.

And don't get me started on the cheating computer, I was playing Juventus in the Champions League final Pirlo had three free-kicks, when taking those free-kicks the AI on the goal keeper switched off and he side stepped out of the way of the shots each time, in one instance side stepping outside the 6-yard box.

Appalling game and indefensible. On this evidence I am pretty much done with the series for good and football games in general until something else comes along from another developer. Which it won't.

rvy

Banned
Don't you mean EA?

Nope. FIFA may look and play better, but it's fake football. No momentum, no weight, AI is dumb even if they don't lose awareness of the ball and everybody scores the same goals. As if every ball would hit the back of the net simply because you used a finesse shot. Not every player is Messi.

Thrakier

Nope. FIFA may look and play better, but it's fake football. No momentum, no weight, AI is dumb even if they don't lose awareness of the ball and everybody scores the same goals. As if every ball would hit the back of the net simply because you used a finesse shot. Not every player is Messi.

True. It's kinda insande that they somehow kept the "soul" and the "feel" of the early FIFA games. I mean it's miles better than what it was once, sure, but at it's heart it's the same experience. And it sucks. Totally weird.

rvy

Banned
True. It's kinda insande that they somehow kept the "soul" and the "feel" of the early FIFA games. I mean it's miles better than what it was once, sure, but at it's heart it's the same experience. And it sucks. Totally weird.

Pretty much. I think they hit their peak with 09. That was a good football game. 360 dribbling added a bunch of issues and bugs.

Pretty much. I think they hit their peak with 09. That was a good football game. 360 dribbling added a bunch of issues and bugs.

Agree with both of you.

I remember telling my brother that I thought FIFA was a 'linear' football game back when Road to the World Cup '98 was out. I said there's a particular way of playing and scoring that was the most effective regardless of which team you chose and trying to do things outside of that was frustrating and a waste of time. FIFA has gone back to that imo.

While PES is nowhere near its former glory and has very frustrating aspects, you can still play in different ways and score new goals.

Like I said earlier, I'm not buying either until things get better.

I know a lot of people are experiencing problems but I have to say that since the new update my online games are working 100% better.

So relieved! :)

faridmon

I am enjoying this game. Yes, it has its issue and me and my flat mate was laughing at it for its glitchy animation and the drop of framerate during the replay. leo, the defence AI is just poor and the through ball is done easier than it should. But I think its a case of getting the hang of the new defence system, so hopefully the defending becomes less comical.

QUESTION: We have uploaded the official kits and some players names as a patch, How can you upload the official faces? It seems to be a bin file and I hope it has nothing to do with piracy. If it is, does anyone know any alternative files just for the likeness of the players?

THANKS.

PS: On the PS3 btw.

rvy

Banned
How can you upload the official faces? It seems to be a bin file and I hope it has nothing to do with piracy. If it is, does anyone know any alternative files just for the likeness of the players?

THANKS.

PS: On the PS3 btw.

You can't.

Hansel?

Neo Member
I'm hoping someone can help (or if it was already discussed, maybe point me to where it was)... but I believe PES 2013 comes to US 3DS next week, and I'm looking for any sort of impressions I can for it. I've found a few places that have stated 2012 & 2013 play very much like the PS2 games (which alone is enough for me to buy this). Just looking to hear from someone in this thread who has played it if they feel it's worth it... or if it's "more or less the same" as last year and I should just buy 2012 (again, 3DS) since it's cheaper? Thanks.

EDIT: Welp, guess it's coming out in February?
Either way, if it's been released outside the US already, impressions will still be appreciated.

So where do you go if you want a copy of PES2013 for PC, with as little fuzz and DRM as possible? Physical copies with CD checks is not an option.

Does anyone else play Master League Online? Can you guys share your opinions about it? I am planning on writing Konami about the amount of lag quitting and DDOS attacks that is going on there... I wonder if they could implement stuff like Punkbuster :/

I've had a guy take down the internet from my whole building for a day as I was winning a game. Yet I cannot stop playing after investing so much time in building a very good team; I take fools down like flies with my teamwork and short pass accuracy based team; All players in all positions must be around 85 for those two stats., It means I get DDoS'd a lot sadly. The very many Brazilians on there are monsters; THEY WILL NOT CONCEDE A WIN OR A DRAW, but the rot goes through all nationalities.

So where do you go if you want a copy of PES2013 for PC, with as little fuzz and DRM as possible? Physical copies with CD checks is not an option.

Got mine from Gamesplanet.fr. There are other GP sites, but avoid the UK site since it was more expansive than the fr or Ge site. I was worried about region stuff, but my key worked fine in Haiti, the New York and Paris.

All you do is buy it, they give you your key and download links. I have gone through the same process 3 years in a row now with 0 hassle.

Got mine from Gamesplanet.fr. There are other GP sites, but avoid the UK site since it was more expansive than the fr or Ge site. I was worried about region stuff, but my key worked fine in Haiti, the New York and Paris.

All you do is buy it, they give you your key and download links. I have gone through the same process 3 years in a row now with 0 hassle.

DRM? Securom?

Jarnet87

So I just grabbed this off the Steam sale.

What website/patch would you guys recommend for the all the cosmetic changes (kits, stadiums etc) and transfer updates?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay, so I got this from Steam. I got it not because I watch soccer (it doesn't play on TV here unless you buy a channel package for it) but because I used to have FIFA 98 on N64. I also played soccer with friends but it was totally casual. Because of that, I have no fucking clue what the rules are. I'm pretty sure I turned off most of the rules in FIFA 98 but I want to learn them now. Where can I read about the rules? I'm not sure if things work differently here than by American or British leagues or whatever, so I could find something on the internet but I don't know what I'm going for exactly. The Steam version has no manual.

Top Bottom