• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2013 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| A New Hope

Thrakier

All this negativity...

Really, this is the only PES 2013 thread I visit that has more negative than positive people.
And about the Fifa vs PES debate, even though Fifa has all the flash, PES 2013's gameplay is miles ahead imo.

Sorry, but I say that as a PES fan who wants to love the series every year. But at this point there are way too many issues that I can just ignore them. It's just too blatant, really. The AI...my god. It's just so bad and I think there is not enough effort and love in this product so that it's worth your lifetime. Hear me, I'm not even talking about money anymore. It's your lifetime you give to them and they are wasting it on a half assed effort and a 9 month dev-cycle cash in.

Sou

Is there some special reason why the long pass performance training is impossible to clear?

No matter what I do it says bad right after I kick the ball. Is there some trick to clearing this training?

Balboa

Is there some special reason why the long pass performance training is impossible to clear?

No matter what I do it says bad right after I kick the ball. Is there some trick to clearing this training?
You need to win the ball and keep it in the first challenge and head it to the other player and score with the second challenge.
You really only need to copy the demonstrations and watch the button presses, although I do find the knuckle shot near impossible.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood

I found that the performance training stuff is assuming you use assisted controls. I had to turn up the pass assistance bar to clear it. Kinda idiotic, if you turn the pass assistance down to zero bars, the game automatically recognizes all your passes as manual pass (L2/LT O/X/A/B). They really didn't test the performance training mode properly.

Sou

I found that the performance training stuff is assuming you use assisted controls. I had to turn up the pass assistance bar to clear it. Kinda idiotic, if you turn the pass assistance down to zero bars, the game automatically recognizes all your passes as manual pass (L2/LT O/X/A/B). They really didn't test the performance training mode properly.

Ok yeah, I had it on 0 pass assistance. Was able to pass every other one except this long pass one.

Turned it up to 2 bars and cleared it right away... Konami...

Another annoying issue is back passes to the keeper. At least they actually react to the pass now, but the game always forces one of the CB's to run to receive the pass, and the game doesn't change to the keeper unless you manually do L1+R3.
This is a problem when you back pass to the keeper under keeper cause not only does it move CBs out of position, but unless you can switch fast, you can not 1-touch clear it with the keeper.

It's always some small but really annoying issue every year...

rvy

Banned
I'm about done with Konami and PES despite looking promising I can't even play my favourite mode (Master League Online) due to this shit:

e8227f21cd76ebacad5728bd28357d97b8623644.jpg

I can play anything else on the PC just fine, even on the god awful GFWL. I even disabled my firewalls and DMZ'd my PC (lulz) just put it to bed and confirm Konami's servers/netcoding suck balls. Tried everything, even switching routers, port forwarding......nothing.

Back to Fifa it is then. Good job it only cost me £15, waste of money.

NINJA EDIT: Ok, I got it working - using a VPN to Amsterdam, but seriously...WTF?

Turns out you can only play people in your own country.

spwolf

All this negativity...

Really, this is the only PES 2013 thread I visit that has more negative than positive people.
And about the Fifa vs PES debate, even though Fifa has all the flash, PES 2013's gameplay is miles ahead imo.

it has crazy people in it.

Anyway, PES has certainly dropped in popularity, and it will be hard to get it back - in Europe, Sony is marketing Fifa all the time...

However it is not that bad of situation, while it is selling less, PES still sold 6.5 million copies in FY2012 for Konami and this is the best PES ever for sure, so it could go up.

back to PES 2013 talk, problem is BAL mode - option files increase stats of most teams, so you start at 10-20pts less than your competition in the team.

in what mode? because in exibition you certainly are not playing only people in your own country.

I'm in Australia and I abslolutely cannot find an online game no matter how long I leave it searching. This makes me really sad and pissed off.

Anyone know how I can find aussie players to play. I've tried searching the Pesfan forums, to no avail.

Please help guys, I don't want to have to go buy Fifa as I prefer Pes but I really only play these games for online matches.

EDIT: Oh I'm on the Ps3 version btw.

Desaan

I'm just about done with this game.

d17e54afb0cf8f2beda2914f8da93a8fd13d637a.jpg

I spent the last 6 hours of my life getting smashed online by Master League teams of Messi/Ronaldo/Robben etc etc v's my newly formed scrubs. Is there any fucking reason matchmaking exists? Doesn't even adhere to the parameters you set so why have them...

I'm not going to stoke the negativity fire but that's me officially done with the series, I've had just about as much as I can take.

Thrakier

it has crazy people in it.

Anyway, PES has certainly dropped in popularity, and it will be hard to get it back - in Europe, Sony is marketing Fifa all the time...

However it is not that bad of situation, while it is selling less, PES still sold 6.5 million copies in FY2012 for Konami and this is the best PES ever for sure, so it could go up.

back to PES 2013 talk, problem is BAL mode - option files increase stats of most teams, so you start at 10-20pts less than your competition in the team.

Crazy people in my book are people who still happily throw money at Konami for the same shitty product with the same problems and bugs for years now.

in what mode? because in exibition you certainly are not playing only people in your own country.

from evo-web!

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami Support Team. It's great to hear that you have purchased PES 2013.

We can confirm that you can currently only play against people in the country that you are in.

Best regards,

Your Konami Support Team

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH
Berner Str. 103-105
60437 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

Local Court of Frankfurt am Main: HRB Nr. 24990
Managing Director: Shinji Hirano, Fumiaki Tanaka

bud23

How low PES has fallen...

It used to be my favourite sport series last gen.

Same here.I've always liked more PES than FIFA, but I recognize this generation PES
is not what it should have been.

Actually we are playing with the same engine than in PS2,that´s a shame.

The AI is awful,bugs and more bugs, lag in multiplayer,bad referees ,'rails" everywhere, nonexistent physics collision, the master league was ruined this year........

I have no idea what Konami is trying to do exactly with this franchise,but they are ruining a lovely franchise.

Maybe next year,maybe with the new fox engine........is the same story every year,this year the game is horrible ,maybe next year,perhaps next year, why not the next year....but the next year is always disappointing.

Konami, it's time to take a step forward

spwolf

from evo-web!

I would guess that it has nothing to do with country but rather ping times or version of PES.
Right now, there is no classic online mode, you cant pick who to play against - and I would guess that their match making system picks players with low ping among each other (mid-october update is coming with online system).

All that being said, I am in Croatia, and I played people from France, Spain, some Arab country, etc, etc. I played someone from Japan 4 AM yesterday, and was able to find a match within seconds.

It is astonishing how many people comment here without actually playing the game.
For instance, it is lag free and so far perfect online experience, no jerky pes anymore.

Sorry to repeat myself but does anyone know of a website or a forum that has active Australian PES players? I've googled but can't find much. Are there any Aussie PES players on GAF who are up for a game?

spwolf

I'm in Australia and I abslolutely cannot find an online game no matter how long I leave it searching. This makes me really sad and pissed off.

as i said above, i was able to find match 4AM and I am from Croatia were not many people have PS3 or play PES on PS3 (its expensive). It is probably some problem with router configuration, did you try to put PS3 IP in DMZ on your router?

Only problems I had so far with online was due to my bad wireless (i have 17% connection which breaks over wireless)... For instance, I cant stream xvid TV series at 2 Mbs setting in Media Server without it breaking few times during the show, but i can play pes lag free.

as i said above, i was able to find match 4AM and I am from Croatia were not many people have PS3 or play PES on PS3 (its expensive). It is probably some problem with router configuration, did you try to put PS3 IP in DMZ on your router?

Only problems I had so far with online was due to my bad wireless (i have 17% connection which breaks over wireless)... For instance, I cant stream xvid TV series at 2 Mbs setting in Media Server without it breaking few times during the show, but i can play pes lag free.

Thanks for responding. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my router settings. Every other online game I own works fine except PES 2013 (and I had the same problem with PES 2012). I think it's just that Konami are like 3 blind mice when it comes to building a stable online network. PES 2011 worked like a charm (well almost...), so they used to be able but not anymore.

I friggin' love PES but Konami seem to be doing everything they can to push me away. I can't stand FIFA's gameplay but I'm this close to biting the bullet and getting it just so I can play a bloody match online with ease.

It's that simple Konami. Fix it.

spwolf

Thanks for responding. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my router settings. Every other online game I own works fine except PES 2013 (and I had the same problem with PES 2012). I think it's just that Konami are like 3 blind mice when it comes to building a stable online network). PES 2011 worked like a charm (well almost...), so they used to be able but not anymore.

I friggin' love PES but Konami seem to be doing everything they can to push me away. I can't stand FIFA's gameplay but I'm this close to biting the bullet and getting it just so I can play a bloody match online with ease.

It's that simple Konami. Fix it.

did you try entering friendly lobby and picking someone from there?

spwolf

Yes. Many times. I keep getting an error saying "update data incompatible" when I try to join a game in the lobby.

And yes I have downloaded the latest update through the game.

try reseting the game and downloading again? that seems the reason you cant play.

Just played great game against some spanish guy... he was leading 2:0 and i had to change my strategy completely to beat him 3:2... wonderful :).

rvy

Banned
yep... still good school for the future :)

Had a 5 game losing streak, then 3 day winning.

No, no I meant that someone had beaten me to posting the Konami e-mail response :p.

No, not at all. It has the same annoyances as PES 2012 and the AI is still braindead. Don't buy it. It's not a different game.

At least try the demo before buying.

I dislike the game as well, but I don't think that's true. It's a fairly different game. Shooting isn't so floaty anymore. Besides, trying the demo is just going to confuse him. The final version is not like either demo. Like I said, waiting for the next update.

spwolf

No, no I meant that someone had beaten me to posting the Konami e-mail response :p.

lol, except it isnt true. I am playing people from all over Europe... there are rooms created by Konami for every country and you can enter them and play other people.

spwolf

just won 3 games in a row, didnt deserve any of the wins! :).

p.s. noticed it now finally gives advantage and also registers fouls for the players off the ball. It is not perfect, but it works where it didnt work at all before. Quite often previously you could foul (by accident) player that didnt have the ball and nothing would happen, now i just got red card.

dude was so much better than me and I had red card, but i managed to sneak one in and he didnt... he must have had 15 shots on the goal.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey I have a question, my friend and I are playing online friendlies against each other, we both downloaded the same OF, but it doesnt seem to work when we play online. Are edit files not allowed online?

We are actually enjoying it a lot more than Fifa this year, the first touch bullshit in Fifa has practically ruined the game...

gate777

Why does everybody choose Barcelona or Madrid when playing online? Do the want a cheap win or do they want to have a good football match? F'n punks. Konami should apply varying points to each team and only allow + or - 3 points difference per team for online matchmaking. Similar to UEFA's co-efficient point system.

Anyways, how do I train to get a new position in BAL mode? Do I need to purchase the one that lasts for 1 year in the BAL shop?

Robso

Why does everybody choose Barcelona or Madrid when playing online? Do the want a cheap win or do they want to have a good football match? F'n punks. Konami should apply varying points to each team and only allow + or - 3 points difference per team for online matchmaking. Similar to UEFA's co-efficient point system.

Anyways, how do I train to get a new position in BAL mode? Do I need to purchase the one that lasts for 1 year in the BAL shop?

I thought there was a new match making system to try and make games more varied?

Really disappointed if it is constant Barca and Real again. Really made my time online in PES 2012 a dull one.

Nyx

I thought there was a new match making system to try and make games more varied?

Really disappointed if it is constant Barca and Real again. Really made my time online in PES 2012 a dull one.

Maybe the patch of this week will change that, it has several online features.

But for now, I guess around 70% of the people I play online choose Real Madrid, and oh boy is that Ronaldo overpowered.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I don't have any problems with Daymos 1.5.

Really? So I could edit all my players to 99 overall and go play Online with them? That doesnt add up.

(I wouldnt do that, thats just the hypothetical)

Really? So I could edit all my players to 99 overall and go play Online with them? That doesnt add up.

(I wouldnt do that, thats just the hypothetical)

No, only cosmetic changes like kit edits, badges, hairstyles, boots, etc affect the game when playing online. The other player won't see your changes though.

PaulLFC

OF for 360 for those interested.

OFs have come a long way. I still remember having to either buy memory cards off eBay to get this stuff working or having to create everything yourself from web guides.
Ah memories. I remember creating a few badges pixel by pixel from web guides, took forever. Nowadays I can just buy the PC version and download the PESEdit patch on release day and everything's done for me.

Spat_triate

Lol. It doesn't work! I started of with the default team in MLO, chose match to similar level and instead got matched against Eto'o, Messi and co. My experience online is very disjointed, navigating shitty nested menus and being matched with laggy opponents.

Thrakier

I never thought I'd say this:

After playing the Fifa 13 demo I have to say that Fifa 13 is a much much better game than PES. It's not without faults for sure, but very advanced compared to the joke which PES-series became.

Nyx

After playing the Fifa 13 demo I have to say that Fifa 13 is a much much better game than PES. It's not without faults for sure, but very advanced compared to the joke which PES-series became.

What exactly did you think is very advanced compared to PES?
Besides the graphics and presentation.

derwalde

other way round here. as a PES veteran i bought fifa13 after all the hype and played it straight for a about 10 days or so. now im back to PES2013 (PC Version of course).

the dribbling, ball physics and first touch feel all so fucking weird to me. its a great football game for sure, and the overall package is miles ahead of PES, but i like the core gameplay of PES2013 so much more.

(i play PES since PES3)

Thrakier

What exactly did you think is very advanced compared to PES?
Besides the graphics and presentation.

The AI. It's miles better. Except the goalie. But its actually like watching a soccer game. Seeing PES in action is...just weird. It's so hilarious how the players behave, like they often just stay and watch like the got something better to do than particpating in the match...

PaulLFC

The AI. It's miles better. Except the goalie. But its actually like watching a soccer game. Seeing PES in action is...just weird. It's so hilarious how the players behave, like they often just stay and watch like the got something better to do than particpating in the match...
It really isn't. FIFA's AI is no better than PES's. I don't know what settings you were playing on, but plenty of my players make runs without me directing them to do so.

Thrakier

It really isn't. FIFA's AI is no better than PES's. I don't know what settings you were playing on, but plenty of my players make runs without me directing them to do so.

Highest difficulty, tried different settings. It's the same as the last years. It got better a bit but it's still bad. The change to Fifa is huge in this regard and it's *instantly* noticable. It feels like a relief that I don't need to yell at my own players all the time.

Top Bottom