• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Blablurn

AJ1LoYB.png

historyy4sid.png

1bvsdb.png

bannerintro5xsby.png

1neujgqlo.png

ijB7NnG.png

2Fs6FTd.png

picsnyp95.png

screen1quowb.png
screen2xbrp7.png

screen7iiu9h.png
screen8f5ua2.png

J587gZc.png
x129y6L.png

0ieLaU3.png
OZx8xaD.png

dhL7jRU.png

OPebU9r.png

love9nuyr.png

2txokr2.png

trailerc5sp5.png

endingsbqj7.png

MMaRsu

Might buy this next month if impressions are good. Already sold Fifa15 since that game is straight ass.

Really enjoyed the demo though!!

GHG

Gold Member
Please be good. At the very least please have good net-code.

This years FIFA is beyond awful. Its a pinball simulator. I need an alternative.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The only thing I really need to know is whether EU and US players can play together online.

I played a long Fifa 15 session yesterday, and finally gave up on it. I got good enough at it to go high up in the UT seasons leagues and then had some games which ended like... 7:6 because both players were incredibly good at abusing the stupidly unbalanced dribbles, especially from the kickoff.

This is no football/soccer. Save me PES.

Edit: Is there a new demo of the release build, or still only the old one?

bigol

If you can look past the awful lack of stadiums, licensed teams, outdated Master League and not so great graphics there is an excellent football game on the pitch.

I think the review scores will show that.

Anyway there is a day one update DLC

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Love the OP, apart from that pic of Fernando fuckface Torres of course.

Is this really out on a Thursday? Kinda weird.

Looks like the Xbox One wont get a pre-load :sad:

I've read somewhere about the online being 'region locked'. In other words, if you buy the US version, you can only play US players.

Is this true?

I tend to buy digitally from the US store and don't want to be stuck playing US players where I would have a poor connection with them.

On that note, does anyone know if the servers are up yet? Online will make or break this for me.

I've bought every single PES since PES1 (and ISS before that since the SNES days) and the demo indicates that this will be the best PES since the PS2/Xbox era so I'm really looking forward to this.

2014 was almost like a tech demo for the new engine - I could see foundations of something special but it was probably the most boring PES I've ever played as I felt most goals felt like were scored almost by forcing the ball in the net through persistence rather than through good passing and clever play.

In 2015 I can play attractive football once more and I cant wait.

Hasney

Does the pc version run on the same engine as consoles?

Normally I would ask "which consoles?", but at this point I can just say no.

They say it's a hybrid between last gen and current gen console engines for some stupid reason they probably think is a good one.

Jack cw

Does the pc version run on the same engine as consoles?

Engine is FOX for both, but only PS4 and Xbone get the best looking treatment. Konamis community manager already said thtat PC will run as a hybrid between last years and this years engine.
Edit: Xbone runs only in 720p though. So it's PC or PS4. PC will be completely modable and gameplay should be similar to PS4.

mekes

Thank you Snitch, great OT, bringing out those old PES feels!

I have the game pre-ordered, cannot wait, very high hopes here.

Subbed.

dakun

YES BLA!

"We are the 99 shooting power" with the Adriano pic. Good old times.

Oh Adriano, i miss the times where i frustrated my friends with long shot attempts because every so often you would get one in from 40 meters.

Adriano and Ibrahimovic must've been the most OP duo ever in PES

Normally I would ask "which consoles?", but at this point I can just say no.

They say it's a hybrid between last gen and current gen console engines for some stupid reason they probably think is a good one.

Engine is FOX for both, but only PS4 and Xbone get the best looking treatment. Konamis community manager already said thtat PC will run as a hybrid between last years and this years engine.
Edit: Xbone runs only in 720p though. So it's PC or PS4. PC will be completely modable and gameplay should be similar to PS4.

Yeah, this really sucks. I'll have to settle with the blurry Xbox One version because of this. I really need to get a PS4 before PES2016 is out...

Hasney

Yeah, this really sucks. I'll have to settle with the blurry Xbox One version because of this. I really need to get a PS4 before PES2016 is out...

Hopefully the PC should be back on par next year. I mean hell, even FIFA only took one game this gen.

Malcolm9

I'm really looking forward to the full game having played the demo daily since its release.

I can forgive the lack of stadiums, licenses etc when I really enjoy the gameplay so much. Konami need to put more content in via DLC or for future versions, as they can genuinely challenge EA and its Fifa series.

Decent competition is always good.

Syntsui

Same happened with FIFA. It just works out that Tuesday is the regular US release date, Thursday Europe and Friday UK.

I never understood this, how come it's normal to release games on a tuesday? It seems natural to release always on a friday when everybody's got time to play on the weekend.

Jack cw

Hopefully the PC should be back on par next year. I mean hell, even FIFA only took one game this gen.

Well, Konami is a smaller company than EA and the PES team obviously focused on one system this time. Sucks for PC players of course but at least Konami will release the PC demo on November 13th...

Hasney

Well, Konami is a smaller company than EA and the PES team obviously focused on one system this time. Sucks for PC players of course but at least Konami will release the PC demo on November 13th...

Yeah, but Konami have at least done most of the groundwork if it's a hybrid, so I would be shocked if it wasn't there next year unless they use the old EA excuse of it being for people with lower specced machines.

Now if only they could get it on Steam Day 1 for once so I don't forget about it until it appears on sale...

Jack cw

Gamereactor Germany already reviewed it: 8/10
They say it's better than this years Fifa.
Pro: great gameplay and feeling, animations, player faces and Champions League licence
Con: Few stadiums, few licences and bad formation-menu (lol)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Gamereactor Germany already reviewed it: 8/10
They say it's better than this years Fifa.
Pro: great gameplay and feeling, animations, player faces and Champions League licence
Con: Few stadiums, few licences and bad formation-menu (lol)

Yep, that has ticked every PES box as far as I am concerned

Jack cw

Yeah, but Konami have at least done most of the groundwork if it's a hybrid, so I would be shocked if it wasn't there next year unless they use the old EA excuse of it being for people with lower specced machines.

Now if only they could get it on Steam Day 1 for once so I don't forget about it until it appears on sale...

Konami and PC have a history though. I remember PES13's demo being hacked and modded to a full version. That's why they wont release PC demos before release and doesnt treat them as carefully as their lead console, and sadly most sales are on consoles for PES, so it's only logical that they gimp PC. I don't like it either, but I understand were their stance is coming from.

Jack cw

Does the pc version use the same engine as ps4 or is it still based on a older version (pes2014)?

A mix of PES14 and 15. We should wait for Digital Foundry's face off to see how big the differences between PC and PS4 are (if there are any).

Hasney

Konami and PC have a history though. I remember PES13's demo being hacked and modded to a full version. That's why they wont release PC demos before release and doesnt treat them as carefully as their lead console, and sadly most sales are on consoles for PES, so it's only logical that they gimp PC. I don't like it either, but I understand were their stance is coming from.

Well, you could have longer matches. It still wasn't the full version and similar hacks exist on PS3/360, albeit on a smaller scale since it requires hacked machines.

I'm fine without demos until release, but at least put the full thing up on Steam on the PC release day. I'm debating waiting until 2016 until the PC version is on par, or at least waiting for the PS4 price to drop at this point. Then if 2016 isn't up on Steam the same day as it gets released, it'll probably get lost in the shuffle of the years big games again.

Top Bottom