• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Jack cw

Well, you could have longer matches. It still wasn't the full version and similar hacks exist on PS3/360, albeit on a smaller scale since it requires hacked machines.

I'm fine without demos until release, but at least put the full thing up on Steam on the PC release day. I'm debating waiting until 2016 until the PC version is on par, or at least waiting for the PS4 price to drop at this point. Then if 2016 isn't up on Steam the same day as it gets released, it'll probably get lost in the shuffle of the years big games again.

I know and I bought the PC retail for two years now, because someone at Konami thinks that Steam wants to much royalties or something. I don't know what strategy and logic is behind the distribution of PES but Steam is the channel you sell the most games on PC. At least there is a PC version after all this. They could easily do a Vita on this one though.

Edit:
is this real life?
https://vine.co/v/Oe21OQ6IBvQ

Best PES since PS2 days.

I don't wanna get burned AGAIN so... if we're talking STRICTLY about gameplay here, how close exactly does this come to PES6 (aka greatest soccer game of all time) and i only want to hear from those who actually played and loved PES6 religiously back in the day ;)

NHale

Saw some people streaming it yesterday from Live from Playstation and while the game looks gorgeous during day matches. Night games looked terrible with flat lighting.

I will wait for you guys to bite the bullet and see if retail is still as good as the demo.

Jack cw

I don't wanna get burned AGAIN so... if we're talking STRICTLY about gameplay here, how close exactly does this come to PES6 (aka greatest soccer game of all time) and i only want to hear from those who actually played and loved PES6 religiously back in the day ;)

This whole PES6 is the holy grail of football thinking should end. I played it recently on 360 and honestly, I quit the game after a few couple of minutes. Animations, pace, ball physics and freedom are bad compared to what football games offer today. The 8 direction control alone turned me off. It was a great game 8 years ago, but nostalgia is clearly stronger than reality. PES15 is an improvement in every regard and closer to todays football. Its not without flaws but the best Konami offered in the last years.

Blablurn

This whole PES6 is the holy grail of football thinking should end. I played it recently on 360 and honestly, I quit the game after a few couple of minutes. Animations, pace, ball physics and freedom are bad compared to what football games offer today. The 8 direction control alone turned me off. It was a great game 8 years ago, but nostalgia is clearly stronger than reality. PES15 is an improvement in every regard and closer to todays football. Its not without flaws but the best Konami offered in the last years.

I'm a huge PES6 fan but Jack is right.

Meneses

Does anyone know how fleshed out the Become a Legend mode is?

That's what I play the most but I'd heard somewhere that it was going to be a little gimped, which I hope isn't true.

m@cross

Hell yes, really looking forward to the reviews and a full list of content. If it gets around a 75+ on meta I will probably buy it next week.

Bumhead

Banned

Eww, 360 version of PES6..

PES6 is the most I've ever enjoyed a football game and I believe it actually still holds up. Me and my brother dug our PS2 out of the loft a few months back, and after a short adjustment period, we had as much if not more fun with it than we have any other football game in years. Obviously mechanically it's been surpassed but I don't believe any aspect of it is "bad".

Based on the demo, PES15 feels like the best football game since then. It has all the natural fluidity, pace and tight control that made the PS2 games so good, but obviously has more of the improvements that the genre has picked up over the last decade. It feels great.

Really? I still it play it now and then these days and i will NEVER get tired of it... sure the graphics, licences, animations etc. are all old as hell and outdated beyond belief but the FUN FACTOR is still unmatched as far as i am concerned...

That said, i will give the demo for PES15 a spin though, downloading as we speak...

Honome

Great OP.

Just let the gameplay be the same as the demo, Konami. Just do that, and the game will be glorious.

Based on opinions of people already with the final game the gameplay is even better than the demo.

Can't wait to play it tomorrow!!!

yagal

You're right

I preordered it just now, can't wait.

Blobbers

I haven't followed the news about this game at all. The last couple of ones were kinda crap, but if the series has really gone back to its roots of being awesome again, then Götzeboner.jpg

Hasney

... and will castolo return?

I saw a screenshot of that MyTeam shizz where he's an agent.
I know and I bought the PC retail for two years now, because someone at Konami thinks that Steam wants to much royalties or something. I don't know what strategy and logic is behind the distribution of PES but Steam is the channel you sell the most games on PC. At least there is a PC version after all this. They could easily do a Vita on this one though.

Edit:
is this real life?
https://vine.co/v/Oe21OQ6IBvQ

Yeah, we should be thankful Konami even does that. It's brilliant compared to the way they handle all their other non-Kojima games.

Jack cw

Eww, 360 version of PES6..

PES6 is the most I've ever enjoyed a football game and I believe it actually still holds up. Me and my brother dug our PS2 out of the loft a few months back, and after a short adjustment period, we had as much if not more fun with it than we have any other football game in years. Obviously mechanically it's been surpassed but I don't believe any aspect of it is "bad".

Based on the demo, PES15 feels like the best football game since then. It has all the natural fluidity, pace and tight control that made the PS2 games so good, but obviously has more of the improvements that the genre has picked up over the last decade. It feels great.
Really? I still it play it now and then these days and i will NEVER get tired of it... sure the graphics, licences, animations etc. are all old as hell and outdated beyond belief but the FUN FACTOR is still unmatched as far as i am concerned...

That said, i will give the demo for PES15 a spin though, downloading as we speak...
You can get used to everything, that's fine. My own standards have improved since then and local multiplayer was great back then, but I played to many competitve matches in multiplayer in with PES and FIFA in the last few years, and for me the 360 degree movement is what makes a football game realistic to play and have fun with. The old PES gave you certain amounts of freedom but the AI and physics were done for a certain kind of play. If we go by that, I'd say that Mario Soccer is the best football game ever, because local multiplayer was such fun. In the end, a football game should let the one win who has the better skill and luck, just like real life and PES achieved it this year.

Nostalgia will always win, and no football game will ever give me the awe I had wit ISS deluxe when I was a kid, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating a good modern football game. PES15 shouldn't try to achieve something that one of it's predecessors did 8 years ago or what fancy FIFA does, but find it's own identity, with delivering the beautiful game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Too bad they couldn't bother to release a demo for PC or to make the PC version on the latest engine rather than a hybrid.

Pes 6 on Xbox360 was a cut down version. Try it on PC with an mod update and it's still pretty great.

I'm not sure whether I'll get PES 2015 this year as the disrespect Konami are showing the PC pes fans is a disgrace, how much money have they made down the years off the back of the PC mod communities hard work.

DALBEN

Banned
I need a new football game, fifa 15 is the worst fifa in years :(. Its to easy to score. The goalkeeper is useless on 1vs1.

Bumhead

Banned
Nostalgia will always win, and no football game will ever give me the awe I had wit ISS deluxe when I was a kid, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating a good modern football game. PES15 shouldn't try to achieve something that one of it's predecessors did 8 years ago or what fancy FIFA does, but find it's own identity, with delivering the beautiful game.

Fair enough.

I'm not suggesting someone should play PES6 over this. It's not about a straight "which is better" shootout. I just don't believe that putting PES6 on a pedestal is as much about nostalgia as you suggested in your post. Obviously football games have evolved exponentially since PS2, and if that evolution has brought about changes which you personally can't come back from then that's absolutely fine. For me, as much as I've enjoyed FIFA over the last few years, no football game has come close to delivering the same experience as PES6. None of those evolutions have resulted in a more fun game than PES6 was, and if my recent experiences attest to, still is.

For me the end goal for Konami has been to deliver a game that retains the soul and feel of PES while adopting more of those modern innovations to the genre. I'm really excited for PES2015 as I feel this is the game that achieves that. Playing the demo, I feel like I'm getting an experience which mirrors PES6 a lot closer than anything else since, but obviously delivers that in a modern package. That's pretty damn exciting.

If anyone in the UK is interested you can get the last gen version from tesco for £25 if you use this code for new customers TDX-HQ9T

Jack cw

Pes 6 on Xbox360 was a cut down version. Try it on PC with an mod update and it's still pretty great.

I'm not sure whether I'll get PES 2015 this year as the disrespect Konami are showing the PC pes fans is a disgrace, how much money have they made down the years off the back of the PC mod communities hard work.

Believe me, I had nearly every version of PES6 back then and it simply hasn't aged very well for me on a gameplay level. Directional movement, AI, passing ways, player runs, intertia, shooting, ball physics etc. are simply outdated for me. Still, it was an incredible game 8 years ago.

And I agree with the PC part, I bought the last 2 PES's on PC because of the modding, but in the end I only saw that a huge majority of those users had pirated versions and all the modders had to find ways and work arounds to let the mods run on those cracked versions. It's still mostly Konamis fault, but they apparently don't have the resources for decent PC marketing and distribution.

Jack cw

For me the end goal for Konami has been to deliver a game that retains the soul and feel of PES while adopting more of those modern innovations to the genre. I'm really excited for PES2015 as I feel this is the game that achieves that. Playing the demo, I feel like I'm getting an experience which mirrors PES6 a lot closer than anything else since, but obviously delivers that in a modern package. That's pretty damn exciting.

Absolutely, I think they really nailed some of the gameplay aspects this time. I just hope their netcode isn't total shit like the last couple of years and hopefully offer something similar to Pro Clubs. That would really make FIFA obsolete for me.

Meneses

I actually prefered the old 8-way stiffer controls from the PS2 era.

PES lost me when they started to use 360º movement and became a bit too floaty to me.

Jack cw

That's what the DLC patch 1.00 includes:
dlc1.jpg

And 8 new clubs:
  • Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)
  • Partizan Belgrad (Serbia)
  • Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel)
  • Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria)
  • HJK Helsinki (Finland)
  • Qarabağ Agdam (Aserbaidschan)
  • Legia Warsschau (Poland)
  • Sparta Prag (Czech Republic)

The source reports that some licences and transfers aren't fixed yet. Xabi Alnoso is still at Real, Di Maria isn't at United and Germany still wears it's three stars kit.

That's what the DLC patch 1.00 includes:
dlc1.jpg

And 8 new clubs:
  • Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)
  • Partizan Belgrad (Serbia)
  • Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel)
  • Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria)
  • HJK Helsinki (Finland)
  • Qarabağ Agdam (Aserbaidschan)
  • Legia Warsschau (Poland)
  • Sparta Prag (Czech Republic)

The source reports that some licences and transfers aren't fixed yet. Xabi Alnoso is still at Real, Di Maria isn't at United and Germany still wears it's three stars kit.

They are going to weekly transfer/squad updates I believe, not sure when the first one lands. http://www.peseditblog.com/2014/10/pes-2015-weekly-updates-details.html

PES4 is my holy grail, recently played it again and honestly... PES2015>PES4. The core gameplay is nice, there is great pace but everything else feels really outdated, forgot how tiny the fields were.

Top Bottom