• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Huh, my match just got ruled null and given me a win because I went 4-1 up then the opponent just went mental and decided to spam own goals until the match abandoned. I didn't know you could do that.

Also, my players don't lose a contract and are back to full stamina. Feels good.

Someone did the same thing on me in a cup, which was quite bullshit. Basically there were 20 minutes left in the cup and we started the game, he lost and then from minute 30 onwards, he spammed own goals, which take a LOOOOOONG time to finish, victory animations, break and all. Due to that, we exceeded the 20 minute time frame, the cup was over and the game was ruled void, with me NOT getting that win for the cup.

Hasney

Someone did the same thing on me in a cup, which was quite bullshit. Basically there were 20 minutes left in the cup and we started the game, he lost and then from minute 30 onwards, he spammed own goals, which take a LOOOOOONG time to finish, victory animations, break and all. Due to that, we exceeded the 20 minute time frame, the cup was over and the game was ruled void, with me NOT getting that win for the cup.

Fucking hell. I mean, this was just divisions.

I just had another idiot straight after. 5-2 up and after my last goal with 10 minutes to spare, the game suddenly gets very laggy and he's just giving me corner after corner every time he gets the ball and using up some pause time every single corner too...I think he was trying to make the game disconnect so I just hoofed the ball to the half way line on the 100th minute from a corner to end it.

mojo2

Neo Member
About the UCL Agent thing, can I use it over and over again when it's available? Just starting myClub.
Got Cahill from the first draw dammit, and to think I even bothered my son to press X for good luck and all :(

Edit: Sucks that people can be dicks and ruin a game like that, if this was Fifa that would already be fixed...

Hakkelus

Heading is so stupid shit in this game. At least when playing full manual. I'v had at least 50 headers in front of goal in my 3 ml seasons and scored two goals.. The ball always goes wide or over no matter how close or well you are positioned.

Hasney

Heading is so stupid shit in this game. At least when playing full manual. I'v had at least 50 headers in front of goal in my 3 ml seasons and scored two goals.. The ball always goes wide or over no matter how close or well you are positioned.

Try and move slightly away from where the balls coming from before pressing shoot. The default position they run into is usually just too close and the ball comes off the top of the head.

About the UCL Agent thing, can I use it over and over again when it's available? Just starting myClub.
Got Cahill from the first draw dammit, and to think I even bothered my son to press X for good luck and all :(

Edit: Sucks that people can be dicks and ruin a game like that, if this was Fifa that would already be fixed...

Use it as much as you can afford.

It wouldn't have been fixed in FIFA. There are people who try and cause a disconnect there.

mojo2

Neo Member
It wouldn't have been fixed in FIFA. There are people who try and cause a disconnect there.

I meant that 20 minutes left in the tournament thing, it shouldn't be hard to change that so it doesn't matter in the final or something. Well that's bad luck too so it can't happen that often that way.

Time to kick this mother! Got it in the EU Easter Sale and I'm looking forward to wash away the nasty aftertaste tens of hours of FIFA 15 has left behind. I'm still terrible, but anyone looking for a match hit me up on PSN: Capricieux.

nikos

Quick question for the EU PS4 guys. Can anyone please post if they have Greek commentary, and which European version of the game they have? Also, is anyone willing to friend me to see if online is region locked even between friends? I heard you can play across regions if you're friends with somebody but would like to confirm.

Thanks! I'd play the game a lot more if I had that commentary, as silly as that may seem.

Drifters

I've logged numerous hours playing the game as it is vastly superior to any FIFA game ever..... I can't help but want to punch Konami for the live update service being shut down on the 28th. Do we know if PES 2016 is in the pipe?

Hasney

I've logged numerous hours playing the game as it is vastly superior to any FIFA game ever..... I can't help but want to punch Konami for the live update service being shut down on the 28th. Do we know if PES 2016 is in the pipe?

Yeah, 2016 is still happening.

Hasney

Good.... and it seems like this thread is quite dead huh?

I can see why really. It's still the best actual football engine for me, BUT I love Ultimate Team-like things and I'm not willing to downgrade to FIFA, but due to a losing streak in MyClub, I'm in a situation where I can either spend real money on contracts or reset the entire game so it now feels like a F2P game. Because I was good at it when it launched due to the demo, I got by for quite a while, but it left such a sour taste in my mouth I deleted it.

Hopefully Konami has more sense this year, but with the recent happenings, I'm not holding my breath.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I can see why really. It's still the best actual football engine for me, BUT I love Ultimate Team-like things and I'm not willing to downgrade to FIFA, but due to a losing streak in MyClub, I'm in a situation where I can either spend real money on contracts or reset the entire game so it now feels like a F2P game. Because I was good at it when it launched due to the demo, I got by for quite a while, but it left such a sour taste in my mouth I deleted it.

Hopefully Konami has more sense this year, but with the recent happenings, I'm not holding my breath.

You could just play with a team that always makes your money back though. Just dont use Robben & Co.

Hasney

You could just play with a team that always makes your money back though. Just dont use Robben & Co.

I sold them all, even the ones that gave me 0 coin back because I was doing it on autopilot.

Even then, I'd just get relegated anyway. The shooting stats are too vital.

Toma

I sold them all, even the ones that gave me 0 coin back because I was doing it on autopilot.

Even then, I'd just get relegated anyway. The shooting stats are too vital.

True, but I have a pretty decent 70-75 team, balanced based on those criteria. Right from the start, I checked all 70-75 players and cherry picked what fit best for that role. Not impossible to win with that team.

Hasney

True, but I have a pretty decent 70-75 team, balanced based on those criteria. Right from the start, I checked all 70-75 players and cherry picked what fit best for that role. Not impossible to win with that team.

Fair enough, I just wish there was a get out clause. I was riding high, but since I don't actually have a combination anymore that would work without microtransactions, it really does feel like an F2P stamina system.

If this was Ultimate Team, I could at least pawn a few players off and buy some bronze contracts.

LAM09

Fair enough, I just wish there was a get out clause. I was riding high, but since I don't actually have a combination anymore that would work without microtransactions, it really does feel like an F2P stamina system.

If this was Ultimate Team, I could at least pawn a few players off and buy some bronze contracts.

You do know you can earn GP by playing the CPU in single matches or small competitions?

LAM09

I think the GP won is such garbage in size. I'm playing Super Star division now and I expect 10k points per game not 4k.

It should be higher, but not as high as 10k. 5-6k would be reasonable. It's better to play CPU competitions, as it's easy money, and you either get bonus GP or a free spin.

Drifters

It should be higher, but not as high as 10k. 5-6k would be reasonable. It's better to play CPU competitions, as it's easy money, and you either get bonus GP or a free spin.

I don't disagree but to me it seems if you're playing at that high of a level, playing pong with your team and parking the bus on a 1-nil score line is just annoying.

LAM09

I don't disagree but to me it seems if you're playing at that high of a level, playing pong with your team and parking the bus on a 1-nil score line is just annoying.

It does need working on, as the payout doesn't differ too much from Regular to Superstar.

Chipotle

I got this for PS4 a few days ago. Not played a PES game in ages so have a few questions.

1) Is there a way to change the team names in bulk? Like a file I can download or anything or do I have to do it manually?

2) Are there no injuries in Master League? Not come across any so far and I'm a few months in and haven't come across any. Seems a bit crap that players can't get injured (if this is the case)

3) What's the best way to get good? I started out a Master League as Manchester United to get a feel for the game and the controls but would it be better to do the mode where you play as an individual player (Become a Legend?) or dive in online? Any good tips that might not be obvious?

I got this for PS4 a few days ago. Not played a PES game in ages so have a few questions.

1) Is there a way to change the team names in bulk? Like a file I can download or anything or do I have to do it manually?

2) Are there no injuries in Master League? Not come across any so far and I'm a few months in and haven't come across any. Seems a bit crap that players can't get injured (if this is the case)

3) What's the best way to get good? I started out a Master League as Manchester United to get a feel for the game and the controls but would it be better to do the mode where you play as an individual player (Become a Legend?) or dive in online? Any good tips that might not be obvious?

1) Not on PS4. Option Files exist for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, but next-gen doesn't support them for whatever reason.

2) Can't really answer

3) Try myclub, offline matches. Starts you off mega easy, but ups the difficulty after not too long. Being forced to play with a fairly weak team, having to rotate, and focussing on tactics will add a lot to your game. Online is fairly different to offline (as with any multiplayer game), but if you're beating the AI on Top Player, you shouldn't be raging too hard online. Also, all those offline games will give you enough money to buy contracts / better players, so once you get online, you'll stand a fighting chance.

If you don't like myclub, I'd try starting a Master League save as a weak Liga Adelante side, starting on a difficulty level that really, really challenges you. Top Player or Superstar. If you get promoted first season, it's too easy. Once you do get promoted, new challenge - you have Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico, Valencia, Bilbao, Sevilla and Villarreal to somehow overcome. I recommend Spain over England / Italy / France due to licenses, and the fact that the top Spanish division is far tougher than the top French division.

AlexBasch

Been having a lot of trouble finding matches in online.

And when I do? It's Real Madrid.

It's a good game, but I can't fathom how people can endure playing against Madrid over and over and over.

LAM09

You mean there won't be any patches or datapacks coming anymore?

I'm was specifically referring to weekly player updates, but I doubt those things will be updated, either.

They normally release a datapack to update the Copa Lib squads around May, but that hasn't happened this year. Not sure why they have the licence.

MUnited83

For you.
Hey guys, I haven't visited this thread since around launch time. Did the online issues on PS4 ever got sorted? The game is pretty cheap right now on PSN EU and I'm considering double dipping(i own it on PC)

Hasney

Hey guys, I haven't visited this thread since around launch time. Did the online issues on PS4 ever got sorted? The game is pretty cheap right now on PSN EU and I'm considering double dipping(i own it on PC)

What online issues? Only one I can think of is region locking, which is still there.

MUnited83

For you.
What online issues? Only one I can think of is region locking, which is still there.
I remember quite a bit of complaining about it around launch. Including one issue where the game wouldn'twork akall that well online in certain PSN regions and you had to use a account from a different PSN store /region.

Top Bottom