• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Khrno

They sure are.

The Liverpool faces are brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtNFR9RQrr0

27606271.jpg

No buy.

J/K, I'm looking forward to some impressions for online play first, because I had already bought Fifa to play with some people, so can't impulse buy another football game so soon.

Iorv3th

I will be picking this up tomorrow. Probably wont have a chance to play it until wednesday evening though.

I hope the online is good because I have nobody around me that cares for videogames and soccer both. That or i'll have to share play.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Nice score from Eurogamer. I take their football reviews more seriously than most places.

Jack cw

Eurogamer said:
FIFA and PES seem to have swapped shirts, with neither catering to the original audience they once set out to attract. Based on this year's offerings, though, it's PES that has the clearer direction of where it's headed. Perhaps most tellingly of all, PES 2015 is more satisfying in defeat than FIFA 15 is in victory.

At this point, there's only one question left to answer: is PES 2015 a better game than FIFA 15? In terms of replicating the balance of real football, the answer is an emphatic yes.

Eurogamer football reviews are mostly really accurate, so the score is impressive!

gthobbes

Banned
Got the digital pre-order on PS4 and it downloaded over the weekend. Can't wait to fire it up -- just hope I can stay awake to midnight in my old age.

Zabojnik

This is probably the best OP I've ever seen. A true work of beauty. Such photoshop skills. And from a junior member no less. Incredible. Absolutely sensational.

ec0ec0

My little brother hasnt bought a pes game in years and years... (last one was pes 2009 i think)

He wants (needs) this to be good. Please, don't crush his dreams.

Jack cw

Yep, but only for the top four divisions, and the Brazilian league.
Better than nothing though. They have a gem in their hands this time, so they better lay the foundations for a great social component.
This is probably the best OP I've ever seen. A true work of beauty. Such photoshop skills. And from a junior member no less. Incredible. Absolutely sensational.
Imagine blablurn had done the OT...
Bayern everywhere.

Better than nothing though. They have a gem in their hands this time, so they better lay the foundations for a great social component.

Imagine blablurn had done the OT...
Bayern everywhere.

Well, he could have at least have minded the people using dark theme. The text is almost impossible to read...

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
PlayStation is the best selling console and PES is the best football game, it feels like it's 2005 all over again.

LIVERPOOL ARE GONNA WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!

Youse can all go to hell, I can fantasise all I want

Nyx

Good score, but its the same score they gave to PES 2013 and 2014, so... mh.

But this time they end the review by saying the game of football is better represented in PES than in FIFA, which says something, right? :)

Hasney

Fuck, I've got a Yakuza 4 playthrough on the go and Valkirya Chronicles dropping tomorrow, so I was going to leave this until it gets cheaper or at least MyClub drops... This is making it
and me
much harder though.

b0uncyfr0

Yeah not buying it. I hear 'PES is back" every single bloody year. Been happening since PES 2010.

Im a PC player so im very optimistic, especially since we don't know for sure what the final version will look or play like.

Xater

PES coming back took them long enough. basically an entire console generation. It's good to see though. Having actually quality competition to FIFA is great.

Markitron

Yeah not buying it. I hear 'PES is back" every single bloody year. Been happening since PES 2010.

Im a PC player so im very optimistic, especially since we don't know for sure what the final version will look or play like.

PES fans are pretty vocal on GAF, but were still a minority. It makes sense for all the chat to be in one place I think.

Zabojnik

I still have no idea what version to buy. I kinda want the US digital one, because I hate swapping discs and because it's cheaper, but we're apparently still not 100% sure if online is region locked (it likely is). The EU version is 60€ on Playstation Store and 45€ on Amazon UK, so I'm really torn between paying more for the digital 'privilege' or paying less for disc-based peasantry (+ waiting for the thing to get shipped).

Konami pls.

Top Bottom