• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil: The x button is at wrong place

I'm nobody

Dude is not aging well

6sI4jx4.jpeg
That's what's worrying looks like

Fess

I would rather be gray than bald tbh.

Fortunately I'm not taking after my pops who had 80% empty head by the time he turned 32.
Don’t jinx it and say it out loud!
It can change fast…
I go with hair down half my back until it goes away, big beard too, with too much gray, like Mel Gibson gray. The plan is to become Kratos and keep the beard and shave off my hair completely once the hairline gets awkwardly high. It’s getting close……

Trilobit

The older I get the more I think I’d prefer bald. So long as it’s full bald and not that loose strand comb-over type of bald.

Less maintenance.

If I'm in the "great head-shape" category I might go full-bald before allowing bald spots to grow. But if I'm one of those weird alien looking ones I'll probably take a trip to Turkey and get hair transplants. I haven't been brave enough to cut my hair completely yet so I'm in blissful ignorance.

Last edited:

Esca

First it's a cross, second Sony had already had it set like that a generation before Xbox came around

Trogdor1123

The older I get the more I think I’d prefer bald. So long as it’s full bald and not that loose strand comb-over type of bald.

Less maintenance.
I used to think this too but balding is a ton of work… I hate it. Some needs to create stem cells for hair regrowth. I’d buy it in a second

Shin-Ra

I know it was the first one to have one, but I have never gotten over the bizarre centered analog stick placement on the N64 controller.

N64-Controller-Gray.jpg
As Goldeneye was my introduction to console FPS’ and I played hundreds of hours of it and Perfect Dark, the transition to dual analog and simultaneous movement/right stick aiming was long and painful. I didn’t enjoy Timesplitters at PS2 launch at all. Fortunately SSX didn’t require any mental reprogramming but it wasn’t until Halo CE that dual analog FPS’ became natural to me.

DJ12

I dont think he has this much of stress.

I dont even know, why he still is in his position at Microsoft.
He's finally made Xbox consoles that unpalatable that Satya can sell games on PlayStation without losing anything drastic in the process.

The man's done the job he was paid for.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Neon Flickering GIF by Samm Henshaw

First off, that's a cross. PlayStation clearly has an X.

Second off, proper X is of course:
4171afA.png

Until Phil shows off a new console, I'll consider Xbox to be a legacy platform, and its button placements mean no more to me than.. I don't know... the WonderSwan's button placements.

BlackTron

Next he'll be telling us that the sticks are misaligned.

(they're not)

Boo.

If PS was reverse analog I'd go out and buy a PS5 today (or okay order a pro lol).

Sucks for me because Sony's controller is ahead of Xbox in every way other way possible.

The trouble is because PS controllers are packed with features I can't just use a third party pad instead. It drove me insane playing TLOU on PS3 and switching controllers just to use a flashlight. And that was two gens ago. I'm screwed.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Its an X button. Crosses are more like a t. If Sony wanted it to be cross they should have rotated it 45 degrees rather than bullshitting everyone. If its cross then square is diamond.

No, they are both crosses. This is a weakness of the English language, in that there aren't separate words to distinguish these shapes. In Swedish we have "kors" for ✚ and "kryss" for ✖.

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

No, they are both crosses. This is a weakness of the English language, in that there aren't separate words to distinguish these shapes. In Swedish we have "kors" for ✚ and "kryss" for ✖.

It often appeared in conjunction with the female-genital circle or oval, to signify the sacred marriage, as in Egyptian amulet Nefer[4] with male cross and female orb, considered as an amulet of blessedness, a charm of sexual harmony.[5]
Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

Peroroncino

dude is clearly making a joke, not sure why people take it to the extreme lol

also, I think everybody knows it's a cross, but fuck that, I'm still calling it X since it more comfortable.

soulbait

I understand the feeling LOL. I didn't get a PlayStation until late into the PS3 life cycle. Grew up on Nintendo and then transitioned into primarily a Xbox player. Going between Xbox and PlayStation I have to retrain my brain where the X button is LOL.

dude is clearly making a joke, not sure why people take it to the extreme lol

also, I think everybody knows it's a cross, but fuck that, I'm still calling it X since it more comfortable.
If he says or does anything gaf will immediately turn it into a 50 page bash session. Gaf is infatuated with Phil.

Top Bottom