• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil: The x button is at wrong place

Matsuchezz

Work stress, it ages you rapidly. Same reason why Jim Ryan quit despite the insane salary. Phil Spencer probably has to fly to a different country every week.
Yup damage control is tough and stressing after spending 80 billion dollars and still being third place and dying.

Topher

Gold Member

The first reply 🤣

lol....good luck with that in Hellblade 2

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Nydius

I just wanted to piss you all off by letting you know that I, and every person I've ever met, have called it X from day one and I don't know anyone that has ever called it cross.

The only people I know who call it 'cross' are all here. Literally everyone I know calls it the letter X. Most of us because we had been calling it X since the days of the Super Nintendo/Super Famicom, so, even though we knew they were symbols, we just kept saying X.

It's the people who say O instead of circle who are the real psychopaths. :LOL:

Larxia

You’re correct, Phil. The “X” button on Xbox controllers are in the wrong place. Nintendo had it in the right place a full decade before Microsoft sharted out a console. 😛
The xbox layout always made more sense to me and Nintendo always felt inverted. The X button on xbox is on the X axis, and the Y button on the Y axis, so it makes sense and it's just logical. On nintendo however it's just random letters lol

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Well....we know why you are so thick-skinned now.

Matthew Broderick GIF
I’m sure you know like the rest of us old dads, that kids say the most fucked I’m shit. Just the other night, I’m cooking dinner, my wife is at work, my 5 year old asks my 2 year old who she loves more, mom or dad and the way she said mom with such passion and speed, I was like damn. Not even a second was given to think it over.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I’m sure you know like the rest of us old dads, that kids say the most fucked I’m shit. Just the other night, I’m cooking dinner, my wife is at work, my 5 year old asks my 2 year old who she loves more, mom or dad and the way she said mom with such passion and speed, I was like damn. Not even a second was given to think it over.
Kids and old people, want the truth ask any of them in my family

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Kids and old people, want the truth ask any of them in my family
Same with me. I did a Skype call with my mother about a year ago. I was letting my hair and beard grow out. I’m half white/half Mexican. So my skin color pretty much has everyone assuming I’m full Mexican. Well, my white mother told me that I needed a haircut and shave, because I was starting to look like a terrorist. LOL

Shin-Ra

Today’s *learnings.

The PlayStation CROSS shape that accompanies CIRCLE, TRIANGLE and SQUARE is a Saltire. But I’m now going to call it a crux decussata just to piss off both the X and CROSS people.

*puke

Crayon

It came fast for me. One day I was getting a haircut and there it was falling on the cape. I had to look back up at the mirror to confirm it was coming from my head. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

So I was going to shave my face next week because I've had grey hairs popping out in my beard for years now.

And JUST THIS FUCKING MORNING I noticed some on the sides of my head!!!!

I knew I shouldn't have said anything. They are fleeing the beard to higher ground!!!

demigod

So I was going to shave my face next week because I've had grey hairs popping out in my beard for years now.

And JUST THIS FUCKING MORNING I noticed some on the sides of my head!!!!

I knew I shouldn't have said anything. They are fleeing the beard to higher ground!!!
Wait until you get it in your nose.

The xbox layout always made more sense to me and Nintendo always felt inverted. The X button on xbox is on the X axis, and the Y button on the Y axis, so it makes sense and it's just logical. On nintendo however it's just random letters lol
It's because Japanese is an East Asian language and is read right to left

That was totally cringe. A nintendo rep could easily quip: “the x button is in the wrong place” and they’d be more right imo

Every time Steam input defaults to Xbox layout it fucks me up for a while, I get by by remembering that the yellow Y is the topmost button
Except when the buttons were conceived and for multiple generations, nintendo’s buttons weren’t in a perfect “plus” pattern so therefore don’t adhere to axes

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Dude is not aging well

6sI4jx4.jpeg

It's the weight loss.

When you lose weight at that age, and haven't maintained a healthy lifestyle, it has that effect.

Seen so many people who are 40+ who had been fat for quite awhile, that then lose weight, and it's always the same story.

Eating healthy, exercising, taking good care of your skin, it all goes a long ways.

Gamerguy84

Phil been fighting this war for a lot of years and it shows.

I will say his job had to be stressful. Trying to bring back xbox he made some very bold moves so I respect the dude for that. Offering GP was a huge deal, and some other moves they made under him.

Hair got thinner and went half gray, forehead got bigger. Gonna happen to all of us, if were lucky.

Top Bottom