• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT7| Dank Mr Skeltal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
O9t2bps.jpg

I've heard of it, yes, though it's not especially popular in the US (it's mostly because of GAF that I know of it). I'm aware that it's an older comic, but it's still surprising to see in this day and age.

It's surprising to see something from the 30's in this day and age? I mean, if it were a brand new book then I'd agree with you that it was surprising but come one now.
You're probably thinking of this one :

Although I think that even if the content of European comics is now politically correct, the style and depiction of some characters would probably be considered offsensive by Americans. I'm thinking especially of the Lucky Luke albums, where the caricatures are quite stereotypical. I also wondered how people here would react to the latest Astérix movie "le Domaine des Dieux" for that reason.

Random funny images to stay on topic :

Hmm. My son loves Lucky Luke and Tintin.

f620bcf142bd9d446a94dfdd61f03081.gif

Futureman

are you slowly losing it like Don Hertzfeldt?

Is he really losing it? Didn't know him by name but I just looked him up and I recognize his illustrations.

Futureman, you should create your own animated series.
I always get a bit of a Bob's Burgers vibe from your art.

I did finish a few animated shorts.

New Year's resolution is to work harder on illustrations and actually try to get my work out there beyond NeoGAF and my smallish FB friends list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom