• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT7| Dank Mr Skeltal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avixph

LUpux2J.gif

Avixph y u so kawaii~~?
Born this way.

Sn4yOLg.jpg

its a pugs face!!

when will the cad end
It will stop when it's creator is dead.

uHDBgYL.png

Hhhehehehehe.

Jh2D1EJ.png

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Make Anything Into A Sandwich!... I don't get it, why would these bread gloves enable that, and how?

Retro

Keep in mind that Tintin in congo is from the 30s. Or have you never heard of Tintin?

I've heard of it, yes, though it's not especially popular in the US (it's mostly because of GAF that I know of it). I'm aware that it's an older comic, but it's still surprising to see in this day and age.

MacNille

Banned
I've heard of it, yes, though it's not especially popular in the US (it's mostly because of GAF that I know of it). I'm aware that it's an older comic, but it's still surprising to see in this day and age.

First thing first, Tintin is awesome. Try to find some of the comics and read them. They are great. I find it to be like a time capsule from that time.
also from the same comic, Tintin blow a rhino up:
Congo-color-french-rhino.jpg

DonMigs85

Even relatively more recent European comics made in the 80's and 90's still had a somewhat unflattering portrayal of Africans.

3384652-3384651-bob%2B%2526%2Bbobette%2B%2B-%2Brhino%2Brescue%2B186%2B%25281990%2529%2Bpagecover.jpg

White people, on the other hand, are usually depicted with big noses only.

G.O.O.

To be fair, the author acknowledged that he was heavily influenced by the racist environment he was raised in when he wrote this album, which is his second iirc. His later works get more sensitive about other cultures - there is quite a famous bit in the blue lotus about this but I can't find it.

Alx

To be fair, the author acknowledged that he was heavily influenced by the racist environment he was raised in when he wrote this album, which is his second iirc. His later works get more sensitive about other cultures - there is quite a famous bit in the blue lotus about this but I can't find it.

You're probably thinking of this one :

Although I think that even if the content of European comics is now politically correct, the style and depiction of some characters would probably be considered offsensive by Americans. I'm thinking especially of the Lucky Luke albums, where the caricatures are quite stereotypical. I also wondered how people here would react to the latest Astérix movie "le Domaine des Dieux" for that reason.

Random funny images to stay on topic :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom