• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT8| Now with 69% more Imgur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Übermatik;194402903 said:
Eh, to have gone 2 months without having a) seen the film and b) seeing a spoiler for the film, you were bound to have a part of the story revealed to you in some way sometime soon. Go see the movie man, that family plot point isn't even that big a deal, and it's revealed super early.

Yeah, not to mention that you have to know who Adam Driver is playing, and you would have to already know Han and Leia are in TFA. So youve already done a bad job avoiding spoilers.

Plus its been nearly 2 months. haha.

Shutup about Star Wars and post raccoons

raccoon-on-spadina-subway.jpg

raccoon.jpg

Fewr

What I meant is, that some people don't go to theaters when they're packed with people, as too often someone ruins the experience by talking, munching snacks loudly, or kicking your seat. The theater experience is far better, when you have few seats/rows between you and them.
Try the matinee.
I went to see TFA on its 2nd maybe 3rd weekend to the matinee, and had plenty of space.

DonMigs85

Ehh, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Have at you
Even a rather casual fan would have likely seen the movie within the first month of release. Most theaters barely fill up at that point. Unless you're one of those types who hates the cinema and only watches Blu-Rays at home or something.

Melchiah

iufFiI0.jpg

FSG254L.jpg

Try the matinee.
I went to see TFA on its 2nd maybe 3rd weekend to the matinee, and had plenty of space.

I would, if I could. It's pretty much only possible on holidays, and then it makes no difference as others are having a day off as well. The national hangover days are sometimes good, but the theaters aren't always open then. I usually wait a month or two, depending on the popularity of the movie, before I go to see them. We waited two months until we went to see Spectre, and the theaters were still packed. =(

DonMigs85

Do your scandinavian nations have an extremely small number of theaters? In the USA and Asia it seems unheard of for most theaters to still be super packed a month after release - even for popular blockbusters.

Do your scandinavian nations have an extremely small number of theaters? In the USA and Asia it seems unheard of for most theaters to still be super packed a month after release - even for popular blockbusters.

The problem with Scandivania is that they can only use 1/2 of the seats because of personal space reasons.

Melchiah

Do your scandinavian nations have an extremely small number of theaters? In the USA and Asia in seems unheard of for most theaters to still be super packed a month after release - even for popular blockbusters.

There's a couple in the center of Helsinki, and few in the shopping malls located several kilometers away. There are smaller theaters as well, but they mostly show older classics and indie films. Unfortunately, Finnkino has a monopoly here, which has allowed them to increase the prices (14.50€/ticket), and the amount of advertisements. 15 minutes of ads before the showing is one of the reasons why I rarily go to theater.

Melchiah

The problem with Scandivania is that they can only use 1/2 of the seats because of personal space reasons.

It's not that much of an issue in specialized movie festivals, where the audience consists of adults, who are mostly movie buffs. People tend to behave very differently in the more mainstream showings, let alone in those where minors are allowed.

EDIT:
So Melchiah is a living stereotype
ItZC2VcxUkmmeLAma0p2JvO61e9DgKDPR_lsf_a3pCq2smS7cNHbWcri0JDgg_Xq9HTIP1hFJSfCjVxSN_g_mOr6REz09rcTXAaxyDhkiuzPMkIMH2o3bNAH5-WEFFxwaQ

I know Melchiah is Finnish but they are still your neighbors

Heh, well I'm perhaps even more extreme case of that. ;)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'll take this as the villain is Han solos son? Cool, cool

Hilarious pic btw
How do you even know what the villian looks like if you haven't seen the movie? Was it heavily advertised that that guy played Kylo Ren?

I thought the picture was chuckle-worthy at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom