• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT8| Now with 69% more Imgur

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o25iu4E1zq1u0fuseo1_500.jpg

Hm yeah table looks good, chair's a nice quality... lemme try it out before I buy. HUP. HuuuwwaAARGH OOF. FUCK YOU STUPID CAT WHY YOU TRY SELL ME FAULTY FURNITURE RARGHAROWAROWAUWRAGH

komplanen

Shitty art style, clearly not refined by years of practice: CHECK
Quirky Tumblr style name that has no relation to anything and is merely a collection of random words: CHECK
Beating the same dead horse about being socially awkward that died 10 years ago: CHECK
Main character is a girl with boobs who doesn't fit in "girls' world" and struggles to be accepted in the "boy's world": TOO FUCKING ANNOYED TO GO LOOK IT UP BUT MOST LIKELY 'CHECKED'

phoenixyz

Quirky Tumblr style name that has no relation to anything and is merely a collection of random words: CHECK
Beating the same dead horse about being socially awkward that died 10 years ago: CHECK
Main character is a girl with boobs who doesn't fit in "girls' world" and struggles to be accepted in the "boy's world": TOO FUCKING ANNOYED TO GO LOOK IT UP BUT MOST LIKELY 'CHECKED'

You forgot the mic drop.

I agree with you. I feel the same about those absolute wank 'awkward bee' comics.
A weak art style can be forgiven if the concept is good. But the concept here is recycled and unoriginal.

I'm feeling like a bit of a cunt so let me expand:

Making comics on introversion isn't clever or interesting. It's the polar opposite. Nothing about awkward encounters with people outside of your bedroom is funny or captivating, and although I'm sure we can all relate at times, the jokes are just too tired. Stop drawing stupid fucking 'derp' faces (a word I'm sure you use in your everyday lexicon). Being a comic artist isn't supposed to be that easy. Expressions should extend beyond a 'flat' mouth and wide eyes. Simplistic styles a la PBF still have integrity and observed form - and it shows. Try harder. Think about colour and material, composition and pose. All of these things convey a message far greater than any speech bubble could. Stop delivering to a reliable audience, because you'll never get further than Tumblr/imgur. Your fame will be fleeting and your efforts forgotten. Nothing you're doing has impact or worth.

Here's advice for anyone reading this and looking for further drawing tips to get started:

1295341707.jpg

G.O.O.

people make this for other people like them so they can feel a connection and gain self-consciousness. Most people I know would laugh at that and not get half of everything that is posted here. I think it's a matter of audience, really.

tumblr_o24bvmQlim1r539hzo1_500.jpg

phoenixyz

Übermatik;194581608 said:
I agree with you. I feel the same about those absolute wank 'awkward bee' comics.

Common. Don't go there. Don't hate on the awkward bee. Those are honestly charming because of the silly captions imho.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Also what's with the fucking little paper sailor hat thing

Also what's with the fucking little paper sailor hat thing

It's supposed to be a means to identify the character, along with the blue fringe, but both are useless because they're a) terribly boring and b) do nothing to the silhouette of the character.

Common. Don't go there. Don't hate on the awkward bee. Those are honestly charming because of the silly captions imho.

If butchered wording is all it takes to amuse you in a comic then you have my sympathies.

Okay the bee comics are a little better, but the subject matter is still droll. I know a lot of people here enjoy them though, so that's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom