• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

If that is the case, then Palmer, acohrs, and Black Buzzard would all be scum (or at the very least filthy liars). I have been suspicious of all three to various degrees for a long time now, but I am also worried about chasing down too many false leads. If you were to pick one of the three as the most suspicious (and thus a lynch target), which would it be, and why?

For the record, I don't think Sophia would give us information in the first post that wasn't directly stated in a role PM. So I don't think we can take it as certain that Dragonz was the only vanilla. I doubt we have more than two or three max, though.
Palmer in a heartbeat. Mods make mistakes, I have gamed some games trying to find loopholes in the mechanics to the point where we introduced roles to stop it from happening.

You know, we could easily check the single vanilla townie thing by checking Sophia's past games as a mod.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'm having a hard time believing that scum!Palmer_v1 would claim to be the only vanilla, and then three of his scumbuddies claimed to be vanilla as well

SkyOdin

I'm having a hard time believing that scum!Palmer_v1 would claim to be the only vanilla, and then three of his scumbuddies claimed to be vanilla as well
Yeah, that is certainly true. Palmer's claim, followed by Dragonz' counterclaim and flip, heavily discredited subsequent vanilla claims. By the time Swamped claimed vanilla, it was getting hard to believe. At the same time, Palmer was questioning how role-madness the game actually was, which could be taken as a way to lend credence to other vanilla claims, but that seems too convoluted to be a scum gambit.

I do wish Palmer would show up to argue this stuff himself. It has been a while since he was active.

Sophia

Day 4 votes

nomadic sparks (1)
hey_monkey 3177

blackbuzzard (1)
acohrs 3192

acorhs (1)
nomadic sparks 3199

acohrs (1)
blackbuzzard 3201

palmer_v1[ (0)
isaacnukem 3270 (3271)

palmer_v1 (1)
isaacnukem 3271

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is 7

Day 4 ends in:

gra_1496523600.png

Your vote was on him even before anyone else claimed to be vanilla, and when he had explained the whole "lone vanilla in role madness" trope.

Why was that enough for you to want him ousted from the game?

Oh, good catch. I feel like this came up before, earlier.

He claimed early on D1 when he had no reason to, and a vanilla townie claim is often used by scum especially on role madness games where people are not sure of the setup.

As for me voting him before the claim, I'll get back to you on that. Probably a fluff vote first. It's day 1.

I just can't see Palmer as the person who most needs to go today. In fact, I'm less suspicious of him altogether after Blarg and Burb. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, one of these already got mentioned, but they are pretty damned suspicious:

I'd be down for a nomadic sparks lynch, oreomunsta/nomadic sparks would give us more info now than a blarg lynch

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

There are other people who have checks too

I also don't buy any part of Nomadic's claim. Nor why I got questioned but Nomadic gets a pass.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Your reasoning reads like a fluff vote, but it came after his claim, and your vote stuck there until the end of the day.

Why wouldn't you explain the reason you just gave me now when you voted for him then?

"Pineapple intolerance."

You cited that as your justification for voting Palmer_v1 after he claimed instead of citing the reasoning you just gave me now. Why?
That's a fluff vote alright. But when he claimed vanilla I liked where my vote was at that point so it stayed there.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I want Palmer's blood!

You had the opportunity to explain your transformation from fluff vote to real vote later on, but didn't, letting the day reach its end with this.

I'll ask you this, then: Why do you think Blargonaut and StanleyPalmtree voted for Palmer_v1 on D1?

Dr. Worm

Banned
Glancing at the list, it seems as though if there's scum, we would have either:

- Natiko protecting one of WhereAreMahDragonz or BlackBuzzard
- Swamped, 30yearsofhurt, possibly Sawneeks protecting BlackBuzzard or Palmer_v1

BlackBuzzard not being one of the tied votes is intriguing to me, particularly with Swamped's switch pulling out of the tie. This is why I feel as though closure is necessary.

I'm leaning towards town on Natiko, which would mean WhereAreMahDragonz wasn't being saved (and I'm certainly not forgetting hey_monkey's post-end "vote," either). Between BlackBuzzard or Palmer_v1 for scum, you all know my money's on BlackBuzzard.

Re-evaluating my own post from D2 on the D1 vote:

With Natiko and WhereAreMahDragonz both flipping town and Swamped flipping, it's clear that the second of those two possibilities is the accurate one.

However, with Blargonaut on Palmer_v1, the scum team was not working in perfect concert here. It's plausible that scum was attempting to split their votes multiple ways to avoid being linked to one another; we also had a number of off-wagon votes, including BlackBuzzard on Darryl and Darryl on Sawneeks.

That said, we still have Swamped attempting to pull off some kind of save. We don't know what became of Sawneeks, who died as Verelios, but both players in that role have been scumread, as has 30yearsofhurt, who is now timetokill.

I think our remaining scum are likely to be some combination of BlackBuzzard, isaacnukem, StanleyPalmtree, and timetokill.

Of that list, I'd be most suspicious of timetokill based on last day shenanigans. I am not much for a Stan lynch. BB maybe but I've cooled on him. Isaac, who knows. Maybe. Might rate him second.

You had the opportunity to explain your transformation from fluff vote to real vote later on, but didn't, letting the day reach its end with this.

I'll ask you this, then: Why do you think Blargonaut and StanleyPalmtree voted for Palmer_v1 on D1?
No one asked me to.

With Blargonaut, I have no clue. I am unsure why you're sticking StanleyPalmTree there.

Palmer_v1

I had a bunch of shit quoted but lost it, so fuck it, here's my general thoughts.

First, and most importantly, I don't actually think Verelios was a scum janitor kill.

To start, why the fuck would scum kill verelios/sawneeks? Far as i know, they never claimed anything worth killing them for. Did ANYONE town read them? like anyone at all? Pretty sure the answer is no. I think one of two things happened. Their power was to literally provide no info on a flip, which only hurts town. Aside from that, why would scum waste a janitor on verelios? It would have been far more harmful if burb had flipped without info. It also makes far more sense if Verelios was Burb's kill, cause we know he didn't fucking Vig himself. I think everyone here is stretching to ridiculous lengths when there are very simple explanations for the night. He's obviously also responsible for the WAMD kill. Aside from all of the reasons a scum janitor wouldn't bother with verelios, we have the far more obvious scum kill in burb. He was town read by anyone in the game worth a damn, was fairly active, and was unlikely to be protected since Monkey had just claimed cop. Basically, a great NK target.

The doc claim. Lack of role name or other info is super weird, but, I guess? We haven't had one die, so for lack of a counter claim, I'll go with it for now.

Isaac. Just lol. calling me a coaster?

tumblr_mquh4a4rEn1qlovjio1_500.gif

Vote: Isaacnukem

I mean seriously, your team is doing everything they can to discredit me, including killing the guy who town read me most. Still going to have to bring some better game. After we get Isaac, I still think Timetokill is worth looking into for all the reasons I posted previously about the shady voting from 30 and company on D1/2. Blarg flipping supports it further.

Finally, I'm kinda glad I ended up busy for most of the last phase, cause I would absolutely have been yelling at people for anything but a blarg lynch.

Also, as a reminder, our claims:

01. [m] isaacnukem - New - ????
02. [m] Moonkid - New - GMT+12 Replaced by [m] LaunchpadMcQ. - ????
03. [they] Darryl - EST - ????
04. [m] Lifeline - EST - innocent Child
05. [m] SkyOdin - PDT - Princess or something?
06. [f] hey_monkey - EST - Cop
08. [m] Dr. Worm - EST - ????
09. [m] Palmer_v1 - CST - Vanilla
12. [m] 30yearsofhurt - GMT+10 Replaced by [f] timetokill - ????
13. [m] oreomunsta - GMT Replaced by [m] Nomadic Sparks - Doctor
14. [m] BlackBuzzard - CET - Vanilla
16. [m] acohrs - GMT - Vanilla
20. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+12 - ???

6 Unclaimed, out of 13. I still think a mass name claim helps town, personally, and I didn't bring it up, but I want to mention it again now. The names don't really tell anyone WHAT your role does, and I think the general assumption is that all unclaimed are either scum or PRs anyway.

For Vanillas, I distrust BB more than Acohrs, but mostly due to acohrs being a scum push to save swamped. BB might be scum, but swamped switching to him is odd, and it comes back to multiple scum fake claiming vanilla. That's just incredibly weird to me. She might have gotten town credit for it if he had flipped scum, whereas jumping on me would only weaken his claim when I flipped vanilla, as well as her own cred because she had previously said she thought I was town.

Anyway, 13 players, there's MAYBE 3 scum, but we could have as few as 2 or 1 if I'm right about verelios. No sign of neutrals, but there's no guarantee we even have one.

Palmer_v1

I'm just going to repost it here, unedited:

Launch replaced moon, who was a nothing read, and I don't even have a baseline to go off of from previous games. Launch himself came in hard, and is doing a great job of at least SEEMING like town, though I question his tunneling on WAMD and Swamped. If swamped flipped town, he'd probably be my #1 scum suspect. i'm just noticing thatmoon is a no lynch vote D1 which is a big red flag for me normally.

Verelios replaced Sawneeks, who I had been ignoring mostly. I'm going to check her posts again to see whats going on there, but first, some voting stuff. Verelios hasn't really done a lot since showing up. Maybe scum who thinks they can coast for a while as a replacement.

Then Nomadic Sparks replaced Oreamunsta, who was coasting hard, which is similar to what they did in Anime when they were scum.

Semi-related, here are the people that ended on WAMD D1.

WhereAreMahDragonz
-30yearsofhurt 406 535
-Lifeline 505
-Sawneeks 589
-30yearsofhurt 609
-Swamped 616

Not a great start for Sawneeks. We know lifeline is town. Good chance we'll find out today if Swamped is. Then 30, who I think i'd happily vote for as well.

If 30 is scum, you can look at the D1 votes on him to see some interesting stuff.

30yearsofhurt
-acohrs 238
-hey_monkey 354 405
-Sawneeks 397 532
-WhereAreMahDragonz 462

Acohrs, who has a bandwagon of sorts built against him. monkey with an early fakey vote, sawneeks with an early fakey vote, and WAMD, who is town. He was on contention for a lynch yesterday near the end. Starting to think most of what happened was to save him, not BB. It's also making me rethink Swamped as I go through all of this. Anyway, so far, none of them have actively voted against 30 again today.

If Swamped is scum as well, note that none of these people I'm mentioning have votes on her except Launch.

30 is currently on Blarg, who I town read now that some sense has kicked in.

I dunno. Seems like some weird shit might be going down between Monkey, 30, Verelios(sawneeks), and Isaac.

Oh, if you're wondering what prompted all of this, it's monkey's recent comment about Isaac:

Originally Posted by hey_monkey

Palmer: my guess is Isaac will be replaced. Is that a preemptive strike against anyone who'd come in on that spot as well?

That post triggered me a bit. First, she's protecting Isaac who is probably scum. Second, it's like she knows Isaac is going to get replaced due to info from a different thread that most of us don't have access to.

With all of that said, I'm still not sure about lynching Swamped, but i definitely think acohrs is a mistake. I'm still going to go back through sawneeks/verelios osts to see if anything other than voting patterns stand out.

NEW EDIT for NEW INFO: So, I need to reevaluate, but blarg and maybe other scum leaving votes on me was pretty shady, and they weren't inclined to ever show up to change them if 30 or BB were scum. I think the mysterious nature of verelios' death also lends credence to this. On the other hand, Monkey being a town cop(albeit unconfirmed), does hurt the theory.

timetokill's push for anything but a blarg vote yesterday just cements it for me. If not Isaacnukem, I'll happily vote TTK today.

I really can't tell if Isaac is just new or scummy. I'd put him 3rd or fourth on my list. Still no acohrs for you, Palmer? Flavor rang false for me and there was that weird remark by 30, and I'm with you on timetokill being a suspect. Lotta cryptic remarks, hinting at things, plus pushing to keep Blarg alive.

Do you think NS is a doctor? Or even town?

Ok, Palmer, as a show of good faith I am The Guy Who Win the Pizza Eating Contest. No role info, just the name.

Also, I am going to bed so no long post, but something to ponder about. I agree with Palmer, Burb likely killed Vere and there is a reason Vere's role was hidden. I think figuring that out might help use think about where to go next. Maybe.

SkyOdin

I agree that scum targeting Burbeting, and Burbeting shooting Verelios generally makes more sense, but it does leave some unanswered questions. Was not having a flip really Verelios' own ability? That would make it the third anti-town passive ability so far in the game, counting my role and Natiko's. On the other hand, town doesn't appear to have powerful enough of power roles yet to balance it out, since our cop was only two-shot and Nonadic claims to be an X-shot doctor or something.

For that matter, the big question is whether or not Verelios (formerly Sawneeks) was scum or town. Without a flip, we can no longer know for certain, but I would like to hear people wrigh in on the question. If Verelios was scum, we are one step closer to winning. If Verelios was town, then there are still two or three scum remaining.

Palmer_v1

I agree that scum targeting Burbeting, and Burbeting shooting Verelios generally makes more sense, but it does leave some unanswered questions. Was not having a flip really Verelios' own ability? That would make it the third anti-town passive ability so far in the game, counting my role and Natiko's. On the other hand, town doesn't appear to have powerful enough of power roles yet to balance it out, since our cop was only two-shot and Nonadic claims to be an X-shot doctor or something.

For that matter, the big question is whether or not Verelios (formerly Sawneeks) was scum or town. Without a flip, we can no longer know for certain, but I would like to hear people wrigh in on the question. If Verelios was scum, we are one step closer to winning. If Verelios was town, then there are still two or three scum remaining.

I do not think Verelios was town. Scum or Neutral? Unsure. You can go back and look at Sawneeks but she was noncommittal throughout, and Verelios was antagonistic and scummy whenever he posted.

SkyOdin

30yearsofhate (now timetokill) and acohrs was my early most suspicious pair, and timetokill's odd behavior during Day 3 has revived that suspicion somewhat. I should probably do a comprehensive read list soon, now that the number of players is down.

What do you think we should do?

Yes. But I also worry we might end with someone targeted by scum. But my guess is we are in a relatively solid position to do some of that.

I don't think NS is a doctor. Maybe someone with multiple abilities. I would bet we have a real one who maybe should not claim? Not yet at least.

I didn't see Verelios as particularly scummy but I'm guessing that was his ability and he was.

Maybe the real secret to this game is that town is boned because too many people love pineapple pizza but if we fight hard enough we can prevail.

You guys should definitely lynch me, then I can be free of you obstinate jerks :p

I was kind of hoping monkey and odin really were scum together just because it was such a brilliant ploy and they'd have executed it perfectly.

You guys should definitely lynch me, then I can be free of you obstinate jerks :p

I was kind of hoping monkey and odin really were scum together just because it was such a brilliant ploy and they'd have executed it perfectly.
I kinda wish we were because it would have been pretty badass. Next time. NO ONE WILL SUSPECT IT NOW

SkyOdin

Sadly, I am not that devious :p.

regarding Vere's role pm not showing up (and this kinda ties into what palmer said above), there is precedent for it being something other than a janitor to prevent the role pm from showing.

back in WWE mafia (which i know we dont like to talk about) there was a role, i think The Undertaker but hey iv repressed a lot of that game, who when killed, his role pm did not show the next morning, only for him to dramatically rise from the dead only a few hours into the day.

i really doubt its the exact same situation here, but point is there is nothing stopping our robit overlord from getting creative with reason to hide it, i assumes its called role madness for a reason, right?

Hey Mister worm, why exactly are you itching to lynch me?
you have brought me up as a scum read several times now but i cant for life of me remember a reason why.

Top Bottom