• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Shooter 2 |OT| - Can You Make It Past The Asteroid Belt?

daffy

Banned
Ah wow! That final boss was exhilarating! Can someone spoiler for me what happens when you get all the crystals...

/XX/

One thing I've noticed bothering me more lately (I don't want to blame the newcomers from the PixelJunk Shooter 2 Demo, but it certainly happened me more with beginners recently) is those disconnections that I think happen when the rival sees a clear disadvantage in score and quits. The problem is that the match doesn't count as a defeat for the retired player, as if the match didn't happened even with a clear advantage for the standing opponent, and results in wasted time for the player's online multi-player progression, and makes it a little tedious until you find a random adversary willing to continue with a game until the end. I think this is partly aggravated by the compartmentalization of the matches, as the majority of those quits comes in the breaks in-between Attack/Defense and Turn 1/Turn 2.

Maybe this only happens to me... anyone can tell me if those matches where the opponent quit counted as a victory? It is possible this are problems with my Internet and I lose connection with the other player, but it is suspicious that this happens exactly during those game intervals... anyway, sometimes this is a little frustrating...

DigiMish

Ranks and items should not be displayed in the player match up screen during multiplayer games - it's just bad design, plain and simple. The Q space bucks bonus isn't good enough to entice them either - why would they try if they know they're going to lose?

I'm on Mars, and people keep canceling games as soon as they see I'm higher level than them. I can't imagine how bad it is for the people who are Sun level.

I suggest having 2 types of games - ranked where players can't see each others ranks and then player patch where they can see it.

Just picked the game up for under $5 before the sale ends (also got Pac-ManDX and thinking of getting Swarm). The game is a lot of fun like the first one but with multiplayer it adds a whole new dimenson.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wow, after you collect all of the treasures,
the level is total crap. It's just completely awful. If this is what Sidescroller will be like, I think I might skip it. I hate everything about it. The way the ship moves, frustrating difficulty, no checkpoints, etc. It's not my thing at all. But aside from that, the rest of Shooter 2 is really great. Especially the multiplayer!

kassatsu

Banned
RatskyWatsky said:
Wow, after you collect all of the treasures,
the level is total crap. It's just completely awful. If this is what Sidescroller will be like, I think I might skip it. I hate everything about it. The way the ship moves, frustrating difficulty, no checkpoints, etc. It's not my thing at all. But aside from that, the rest of Shooter 2 is really great. Especially the multiplayer!
It is nothing like Sidescroller, other than you are moving sideways.

kassatsu

Banned
RatskyWatsky said:
OK, but are you sure? I just watched a video and they look exactly the same. :X I hope you're right though.
I played it.

There are check points, controls are totally different, there are different weapons, and if i remember the lava is more forgiving.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
kassatsu said:
I played it.

There are check points, controls are totally different, there are different weapons, and if i remember the lava is more forgiving.

Oh, cool. That's good to know! Sidescroller is back on my radar.

Atruvius

Does anyone know if Pixeljunk Shooter soundtrack is ever coming to EU Playstation store? It's in the US store but not in ours.

HiVision

kassatsu said:
I played it.

yes, there is no "heat up" in sidescroller - you only get damage if you actually hit the lava. (or enemy bullets)

DigiMish said:
What does the new 1.02 patch do - is it just under the hood fixes?

I don't know about the version, but in case someone missed the latest big update:

- There was a bug where some enemies would spawn right on top of you giving you that awesome “insta-death” you really don’t want in a game… well, we fixed it!

- The online connectivity has been tuned to allow you to hook up with other players much more easily. Try it out!

- If you get matched against a higher ranking player you get a nice large cash bonus (Q space bucks of course) if you win! This gives you a big incentive to challenge yourself more when you get matched up against someone who seems better than you. Hint: stay calm and use strategy, you can definitely take them!

- We added an option to the pause screen that lets you take a break in the middle of a stage and come back later to finish it off. So when your mom calls you to the dinner table just choose that option, go eat your dinner *and* be nice to the environment by switching off your PS3!

- Even if you kill a few survivors and get a game over screen you can “continue” – your score will be reset, but if you are just exploring and trying to get as far as you can this feature stops you from being thrown back to the start of a stage just because a few puny survivors happen to have gotten in the way of your missiles.

- A message on the pause screen lets you know if there are any diamonds still hidden in the current screen. This is very handy when you are searching out that last diamond in order to unlock the awesomely cool secret last stage!

- Acid walls aren’t as nasty anymore – we gave the giant alien whose insides you are exploring some antacid and he’s feeling a lot better now!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/05/pixeljunk-shooter-2-patch-is-live-now/

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Atruvius said:
Does anyone know if Pixeljunk Shooter soundtrack is ever coming to EU Playstation store? It's in the US store but not in ours.

If you're fed up of waiting just buy the soundtrack off of Amazon.uk's DD store like I did.

Absolutely. Fucking. Stellar.

Best game soundtrack I've heard all year, especially in isolation because although the way the tracks phased in/out according to the action onscreen was a lovely feature, it was obviously not the ideal way to appreciate HFB's stuff.

If you like this, or if you've already heard HFB's excellent Hell Fire and Brimstone album bear in mind that although the 6 tracks from PS1 are basically remixes of tracks from that, the remainder (from PS2) is all new, and in my opinion even better.

Buy with confidence.

ChryZ

Went back after a pretty long break and looked for the rest of the treasures and missing people. Pleasant surprise, bonus level and more ending.

Shooter2 was awesome! <3 <3 <3

Thrakier

I'm in the last world in "stage 3". The section I'm in is already hard as fuck. Right before you go through the door they put a giant boss who comes out of nothing. You don't have any time to adapt and die in five seconds. After that, you can just try the whole stage again. Really? Who designed that? I mean...really?

Hypereides

Gold Member
I'm in the last world in "stage 3". The section I'm in is already hard as fuck. Right before you go through the door they put a giant boss who comes out of nothing. You don't have any time to adapt and die in five seconds. After that, you can just try the whole stage again. Really? Who designed that? I mean...really?

Heh, yeah that part was kinda shitty. But meh, once you know thats gonna happen its not that much of a deal.

The last world is pretty tough though, finding all the diamonds per stage is getting pretty difficult. All Im missing is the last world all-collected-treasures trophy, and the 2 multiplayer trophies.

This looks like a fun interesting game. But 9.99 seems kind of steep for what I've seen in the trailers. I don't want to offend any fans of the series, but this looks like more a game I'd expect on IOS than a PSN title.

What makes this game so good? (5 stars and 1000+ ratings on PSN)
Any replay value and overall length?
Any offline modes besides the campaign? Offline MP?

Drencrom

This looks like a fun interesting game. But 9.99 seems kind of steep for what I've seen in the trailers. I don't want to offend any fans of the series, but this looks like more a game I'd expect on IOS than a PSN title.

What makes this game so good? (5 stars and 1000+ ratings on PSN)
Any replay value and overall length?
Any offline modes besides the campaign? Offline MP?

I would like to know this too

I enjoyed PJ Shooter 1, just want to know if the sequel is worth getting also.

Edit: No one is going to see this post so I just went ahead and bought it :p

Top Bottom