• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

Timedog has been dethroned, the age of Squiddy Biscuit has begun.

Sorry can't hear you over all the chewing I'm doin'.

fKk8J.jpg

Razek

Banned
Are those breadsticks at the top?

I still haven't figured out a good breadstick recipe. Pizza huts are still soooo good.

Thanks for the recipes, I will have to try one!

I have become a huge fan of reheating pizza on the stove top in a pan over meadium heat. Someone posted a thread a while ago about it and ever since then I do it. I tell you it is fantastic...almost better then when I get the pizza fresh!

I've consumed roughly two and a half large pizzas since the inception of this thread. All while trying to avoid pizza.

How do I sue someone through the internet?

I've consumed roughly two and a half large pizzas since the inception of this thread. All while trying to avoid pizza.

How do I sue someone through the internet?

Ya this thread is great and terrible at the same time. I keep wanting pizza...I even want to order some now.

f0nz0

I just finished up making some homemade meatballs (lean beef, diced onions, diced mushrooms, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese) in a tomato basil sauce.

Tonight I'm goin to have sliced meatball and cheese pizza, will post pics when everything ready

Ya this thread is great and terrible at the same time. I keep wanting pizza...I even want to order some now.

Must stay strong. I will be having a relatively poor supermarket brand pepperoni at 1am whilst enjoying the start of the NFL preseason. Nothing I want more than to order a pizza delivery.

f0nz0

Here's some pics of my meatball pizza

the meatballs
OLhN1l.jpg

Pizza,
tR0GEl.jpg

Cross section of the crust
T42BIl.jpg

So the bottom crust is nice and crispy, but one thing I want to get some char/browning of the upper outer crust, anyone know what I should be doing?

I'm using a gas grill , pizza stone set up. I feel if I leave the pizza in longer for the upper crust to "develop" then the bottom crust will burn. Currently I got my grill at about 450 degrees. Should I got higher in temp? And not leave the pizza in for long?

Air

Banned
If NYC gaf doesn't know, Mike's pizza on 23rd street, next to the blender theater is really good. $2 slice and tastes amazing.

the meatballs
OLhN1l.jpg

Pizza,
tR0GEl.jpg

T42BIl.jpg

So the bottom crust is nice and crispy, but one thing I want to get some char/browning of the upper outer crust, anyone know what I should be doing?

I'm using a gas grill , pizza stone set up. I feel if I leave the pizza in longer for the upper crust to "develop" then the bottom crust will burn. Currently I got my grill at about 450 degrees. Should I got higher in temp? And not leave the pizza in for long?
I never cooked one on the grill but I use at least 500 in an oven to make pizza. It should even be hotter. Don't leave the grill open long when putting it in.
Can you adjust the distance from the flames?

Avixph

I never cooked one on the grill but I use at least 500 in an oven to make pizza. It should even be hotter. Don't leave the grill open long when putting it in.
Can you adjust the distance from the flames?
He could also try covering the top of the crust with sugar water or butter to cause caramelization.

I said "Oh my god" out loud at those pics. Wow that looks great

Razek

Banned

the meatballs
http://i.imgur.com/OLhN1l.jpg[img]

Pizza,
[img]http://i.imgur.com/tR0GEl.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/T42BIl.jpg[img]

I'm using a gas grill , pizza stone set up. I feel if I leave the pizza in longer for the upper crust to "develop" then the bottom crust will burn. Currently I got my grill at about 450 degrees. Should I got higher in temp? And not leave the pizza in for long?[/QUOTE]

As others have mentioned, the main goal is to increase the ambient temperature and get it further from the flames. Tinfoil, shiny side down under the stone will insulate it. You could also try leaving the toppings a ting raw and put it under the ovens broiler for a minute if you find your crust bottoms cooking really fast.

In addition to other suggestions of liquid toppings, try some oil and butter mixed. It usually gives me a very crispy outer edge.

Looks really tasty. I love those white plots of cheese. Oh no I'm hungry again.

Xun

I remember having Chicago style pizza a while back.

Much more filling than it looks.

Also this is the best thread.

Kyoufu

This is the best thread of 2012.

I think I will get Pizza tonight. Just a shame we don't have Chicago style pizza here.
LLShC.gif

I had the gluten free low carb pizza from lou malnatis last night. Sausage as a crust was interesting but it was a great tasting pie.
Thanks be to lous during my low carb sabbatical.

Did someone mention spicy stuffed crust? I just got incredispired to make a pizza from scratch. I love spicy and I've yet to had a spicy pizza that satiates me.

Kyoufu

Pepperoni lovers, I'm tempted to get a Pepperoni pizza tonight. Is it supposed to be so greasy though? I get scared when I see the grease dripping off each slice.

Pepperoni lovers, I'm tempted to get a Pepperoni pizza tonight. Is it supposed to be so greasy though? I get scared when I see the grease dripping off each slice.

Pepperoni is pretty greasy. Not exactly the healthiest of treats, but certainly the most delicious!

dc89

Can be. Meats like that can let out a bit of grease which sits on top of the pizza. If I get pizza and it's too greasy I just get a paper towel and just gently dab away at it.

glaurung

Reading this thread makes me envious as hell. I live in a country where there are no proper good pizzerias.

The local pizza culture breaks down like this:
  • American style pizza - hideously overpriced lumps with cheap cheese. It's like they forget that pizza should have other toppings.
  • Italian style thin pizza - they fuck up the dough, they fuck up the toppings, they charge up the nose.
  • Local style pizza - disgusting mess with toppings that appear to be already digested. Twice.
When I travel, I also want to try out proper pizzas. But I travel very little and when I do, my metabolism gets all fucked up.

Top Bottom