• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies 2 |OT| It's About Time

Almost done with Egypt and I haven't felt the need to buy anything. Just as fun as the first, lovely that it's free and balanced to boot.

moai

having a very weird bug. after finishing stage 3 i get they key to open the first gate. when i select the "survive the zombies" gate the game crashes and i get a white screen.
restart the app and then the challenge is completed and i don't get the star to open any other stage.
this is on iphone 5. tried 3 times, got the bug 3 times. very infuriating.

x-Lundz-x

Thanks, Stump.

Is iCloud syncing working for anyone?

edit: definitely not working for me

In order for iCloud to work for me I have to force close the app and then open it again and then it reads the iCloud data. So anyone having issues just do that and see if it works for you. I was about to be mad my iPhone progress was not on my iPad lol.

Muzy72

Banned
Is it just me, or is this game really ugly? I don't know exactly what it is, but something about the game just doesn't look right to me.

Also, I love that there's an option to skip the tutorial levels entirely for those of us who've already played the first game. Nintendo needs to take note of this.

If you're replaying the same level with annoying restrictions, is it really the same level? Restricting what items you can use can drastically change how a levels plays, such a mode sounds like a great addition to me, because otherwise most levels are sorta the same right? Generally I always bring the same 8 or so plants to a level, so mixing that up a bit would make things more interesting than a "new" level where I once again take the same plants and do the same things as all the rest.

I found there is an enjoyment curve. After getting to the end of egypt, I was very negative about having to get stars and found it boring.

On the later levels and returning with more plants to Egypt I got into it a lot more. I was then happy to grab all the non bullshit stars.

So the advice to people put off early is to stick with it. It really is very well put together.

After I complete the second level in Egypt, the screen gets stuck in white and the game crashes to main screen. I can't get past that. I play on my ipad 3. Help please.

zoukka

Hmm I think this game is way too easy to be enjoyable... Feels like a chore honestly compared to the first game. Maybe that's their goal too to get me buying more plants and skipping levels or something lol.

Fucking f2p

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hmm I think this game is way too easy to be enjoyable... Feels like a chore honestly compared to the first game. Maybe that's their goal too to get me buying more plants and skipping levels or something lol.

Fucking f2p

Easier than the first game? Is that even possible? Seems like it could only get easier if they made the zombies walk in the opposite direction.

zoukka

Easier than the first game? Is that even possible? Seems like it could only get easier if they made the zombies walk in the opposite direction.

Maybe not easier, but certainly not any harder. The big difference is that instead of unlocking new plants all the time, you unlock useless crap that tries to motivate you to spend money. I've used the same strat on every level so far and without new plant unlocks the game feels like a choreto play.

Your time is better spent on skill games such as kingdom rush.

see5harp

This game is certainly not nearly as easy mode as the first game. It does force you to use new strategies VERY early on, if you're going for the extra stars. Going back to levels and needing to use specific plants while fulfilling specific requirements is a lot more complex than anything in the first game. When they introduce mini games and some zen garden type thing, this could be pretty awesome. Looks GREAT once you get the retina assets.

giapel

Maybe not easier, but certainly not any harder. The big difference is that instead of unlocking new plants all the time, you unlock useless crap that tries to motivate you to spend money. I've used the same strat on every level so far and without new plant unlocks the game feels like a choreto play.

Hmmm, strange. You would think it'll be the opposite i.e. make the game infuriatingly hard to push you to get the upgrades and other plants in order to progress. Maybe that happens later in the game and it's a bait and switch type strategy.

zoukka

Hmmm, strange. You would think it'll be the opposite i.e. make the game infuriatingly hard to push you to get the upgrades and other plants in order to progress. Maybe that happens later in the game and it's a bait and switch type strategy.

No the target audience would flip if the game became any more difficult, they did not risk it.

I'm assuming you're referring to the first go around in the levels-yes those are pretty straightforward. However, the meat of this game is the challenges to get the stars-and while some of those early on are easy-the majority of them are not.

Loving this game. Once you get into it it's much more challenging then the first one. Haven't spent any money yet but will probably buy a couple things so pop cap can make some money for making such a great game.

btkadams

played this for a while on my ipad last night. while expensive, there are only a few addons that look interesting to me, so that's good. i bought the fire stump thing but probably won't buy anything else. the game is loads of fun though. i'm still in egypt. this is a great f2p game. i hope it works out for them. i'm really glad that the game is universal with icloud saves.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I lost for my first time ever in PvZ to one of those missions that require you to protect a few plants. Dude's ate right through my wall of walnuts. But I dig actually feeling like I need a game plan to succeed. In PVZ1 one I did pretty much the same thing every time and it never failed.

I lost for my first time ever in PvZ to one of those missions that require you to protect a few plants. Dude's ate right through my wall of walnuts. But I dig actually feeling like I need a game plan to succeed. In PVZ1 one I did pretty much the same thing every time and it never failed.

Truth. Some of those challenges force you to think in ways the first game never did.

SeanR1221

I feel the same way. I literally always had the same set up in PvZ. This is refreshing.

Anyone got a good strategy for dealing with those fucking parrots?? In getting everything setup one of them flies right over and carries of my sunflower.

RustyO

Anyone got a good strategy for dealing with those fucking parrots?? In getting everything setup one of them flies right over and carries of my sunflower.

Iceberg the captain; or use a "special" power.

Extra spoiler:

Heck, you should take the Iceberg on every level as its free (apart from the do not lose any plants ones; and even then, why not, as it can be a good staller; especially if you keep it at the back and use plant food on it...

Iceberg the captain; or use a "special" power.

Extra spoiler:

Heck, you should take the Iceberg on every level as its free (apart from the do not lose any plants ones; and even then, why not, as it can be a good staller; especially if you keep it at the back and use plant food on it...

It's a great one to use, but some Challenge levels won't level you use it as it's considered "losing" a plant.

RustyO

It's a great one to use, but some Challenge levels won't level you use it as it's considered "losing" a plant.

Cost vs Benefit! Sometimes it is worth doing in my experience; especially in the aforementioned scenario. Or as suggested in the "extra spoiler" part.

I don't think you are htis far yet... but the
parrot
and
chickens
are the two most annoying enemies...

J-Rock

Banned
Yeah, I'm liking this more than the first game. Very surprised. Love the higher difficulty and challenge variety. I always felt the first game, while fun as hell, was too easy overall. And this one has better animations, some fun new weapons and more variety with environments and zombies. The F2P aspects haven't interrupted my enjoyment at all so far. I do plan to spend a little on it at some point just to support those that helped make such a fun game.

see5harp

No the target audience would flip if the game became any more difficult, they did not risk it.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Just getting to the first 4 key door, try and get all of the stars in there. I don't even think I lost a single lawnmower in the first game until the rooftop levels. Maybe you are just that good at this game.

stuminus3

Fucking f2p
This is complete rubbish. Stop.

Silvawuff

I'm really enjoying the challenge restrictions on the level "replays." You have to think outside the box and plan.

I went in with low expectations due to the F2P aspect and I've been very pleasantly surprised.

TheExodu5

Banned

It's been a while since I've played, but are you talking about the parrots that carry the enemies? A lob of butter makes them go away. Otherwise, I usually feel that a few snap dragon plants in the second outer lane is enough to protect the outside lane.

RustyO

It's been a while since I've played, but are you talking about the parrots that carry the enemies? A lob of butter makes them go away. Otherwise, I usually feel that a few snap dragon plants in the second outer lane is enough to protect the outside lane.

The good doctor is talking about the
Captain's parrot that will fly along, changing lanes and steal a plant off you.

The good doctor is talking about the
Captain's parrot that will fly along, changing lanes and steal a plant off you.

That's the one. The only real deterrent I've found do far is that a Tall Nut will block them but it has to be right in their path. Good luck with that.

Kouriozan

I've used the same strat on every level so far and without new plant unlocks the game feels like a choreto play.
Same for me, it's getting boring pretty fast, and forcing you to do more level just to get stars make it worse.
Hopefully it'll be better in the next world.
Edit : just done a level with the Yeti, it gaves me nothing and the game crashed at the end of the level, okay...
Edit 2: it's just crash everytime I finish a level now, it's a sign to just stop playing this game >.<

Does anyone else get the crashing after finishing a day and you can't go any further after ? if so how to correct it ? i redowloaded tye gamae many times and I even deleted my profile then restarted the game, even played it before installing the patch. NO LUCK !

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Not really sure about the resolution for this game. It looks like it's 480 x 320 or it's like playing on a screen with Vaseline on it. Maybe it's just the iPod Touch 4G I'm playing it on.

Top Bottom