• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

derFeef

QK9oqUa.png

QcuHBPG.png

The ultimate battle for brainz!
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare digs into the trenches with an explosive new action experience.
Blast zombies, plants and new characters across a mine-blowing world that delivers the depth of a traditional online shooter blended with the refreshing humor of Plant vs. Zombies.
Take on Co-op and Multiplayer action with your friends and sow the seeds of victory!

• 24-player multiplayer action: Choose your side, plants or zombies, in 24-player online battles
  • Customization: Personalize your favorite plants and zombies with hundreds of unique items and customizations
  • 4-player online co-op and split screen co-op (XBO exclusive): Join forces with friends in online 4-player cooperative mode or on the couch with split screen
  • New plants and zombies: Powerful new plants and zombies with a huge variety of abilities
  • Expansive world: Over 10 unique multiplayer and cooperative battlegrounds

• Release date: US 2/25/2014 - EU 27.02.2014
  • Developer: PopCap
  • Publisher: Electronic Arts
  • Genre: Action & Adventure, Shooter
  • Price Xbox One: 39 $/€ | Price Origin & 360: 29 $/€

vJQm83t.png

On PS3/PS4 release plans:
"We haven’t announced any plans yet for any additional platforms outside of the PC, but the way I typically answer that question is we want to get this game in the hands of as many people as possible," said Lindley.

"Obviously, we’re exclusively first on the Xbox platforms, but I think in the coming months players will see some announcements that will please them depending on their platform of choice."

yQXZDWE.png

FBOC4n0.png

24 player Gardens & Graveyards is a remix of Rush and Conquest gameplay modes from Battlefield but with a PvZ spin.
Zombies are on the attack and must take the plant bases using team work and summoned zombie hordes before getting to a final battle with a rush like objective that changes on each map.
Plants will be able to setup tower defense style defensive plants at each base to help them hold off the zombie onslaught.
Zombies win if they take all the objectives, plants win if the timer runs out before the zombies can take over the map.​

ybu6O3u.png

A 4-player team as the plants must defend the garden against 10 waves of zombies, then get to the extraction point in the final wave where Crazy Dave waits with his flying RV.​

6B5vfQG.png

Split-Screen Co-Op for Xbox One
Play an old school game of couch split screen co-op! In this mode the plants will need to survive endless waves of zombies and protect their garden in the progress.

Boss Mode for Xbox One
Take to the skies as Crazy Dave or Dr. Zomboss for a top-down view of the action! Players can employ their Kinect or a SmartGlass device in any gameplay modes to support their teams.
It gives a helpful top-down view of the battlefield, letting you assist teammates with intel, health drops, revive stations and explosive artillery strikes. Boom!​

WVpuqOa.png

B8yS8eh.png

The Peashooter is an assault attack class with a sprint and rush ability.
The Sunflower is the healer class and supports the team, can root and shoot with a long-range sunbeam attack.
The Cactus is a ranged sniper class which can also deploy barriers.
The Chomper is a pure melee class which can bury underground and attack from behind.​

4dPdgIA.png

The Soldier is your standard attack class with a grenade and rocket jump ability.
The Scientist is a shotgun support class which can deploy healing drones and has a teleport ability.
The Engineer can build/upgrade turrets and can ride his jackhammer for a huge speedboost.
The All Star is your attack tank class which can deploy cover and kamikaze imps.

For both teams, there are several variations of the classes with their unique design and abilites / stats.
Think lower health, more damage etc.​

MAqGV5o.png

12621035725_138f3e5657_o.gif

T.O.P

Banned
SOOOOOO ON THE FENCE FOR THIS UGH

i have Rayman - Stryder - RE4 just around the corner

and Titanfall right after

goddamnit :(

EBE

any word on a demo? its looks fun and colorful and all, but id like to try it out before i buy. great OT

The Cowboy

Aww yeah, 7 more da/ohh wait I want it on PC :D.

I'm so hoping this plays as good as it looks, I've wanted this since the 1st reveal.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It's boggling my mind that split-screen, something I search desperately for in games I'm interested in, is an XBOX One exclusive.

I'm so hyped for this one, even though i never played Plants vs. Zombies before.

It just looks too hilarious and fun to play.

Oh and great job with the OT.

derFeef

It's boggling my mind that split-screen, something I search desperately for in games I'm interested in, is an XBOX One exclusive.

I am pretty sure if PC and PS4 versions come out they will have split screen as well - the 360 probably can't handle it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Glad to see an OT for this, and nice work!

I am pretty sure if PC and PS4 versions come out they will have split screen as well - the 360 probably can't handle it.

Eh, I'm sure they could have optimized a local splitscreen option for 360 if it was the main / only platform. But this game is more of a next gen / pc effort, so wasting resources developing such a mode for the older systems was deemed unworthy :-/

Split-screen offline Co-Op is one of the main reasons I'll enjoy this game, so I'm happy it was added. Though I'd love for it to be available for online also even more!

shandy706

I just rejoined Gamefly about 45 minutes ago. This is already on my rental list.

I quit Gamefly a while back as I wasn't buying/playing as many games. I think it's great to have it early in the new consoles' lives' now though. I prefer not to drop hundreds of dollars on all these new releases at once, but will buy them if the Gamefly rental turns out to be a great game.

Edit** Nice OP too.

Did derfeef change his icon...why did I not recognize him?

...or am I just getting old and senile?

RoKKeR

Nice OT. Very much on the fence but I almost want to buy it out of principle to support games like this. Looks like a helluva lot of fun.

derFeef

Eh, I'm sure they could have optimized a local splitscreen option for 360 if it was the main / only platform. But this game is more of a next gen / pc effort, so wasting resources developing such a mode for the older systems was deemed unworthy :-/

Split-screen offline Co-Op is one of the main reasons I'll enjoy this game, so I'm happy it was added. Though I'd love for it to be available for online also even more!

True...
Wish I had couch friends :/ Are you sure you can't mix and match online and couch coop? Man Info for this game was pretty hard to come by...

Damn, I thought everything pointed to a simultaneous release.

Wut, it was announced as a "first on Xbox" title.

Alchemy

Kind of want the Xbone version for co-op, but since I don't want to sub to Gold that kind of defeats 90% of the point of this game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
True...
Wish I had couch friends :/ Are you sure you can't mix and match online and couch coop? Man Info for this game was pretty hard to come by...

Wut, it was announced as a "first on Xbox" title.

Was going by Origin but I must have misread.

Nori Chan

I think this will be my first digital download game for the xbox one. It feels like a digital game to me, does anybody know what I mean by that?

Does anybody know the size of the game?

Played this at PAX Prime and loved it. Wish we knew when the PS4 version would be released.

Dear EA, please stop taking Microsoft's money. PopCap's games will sell very well on PS4.

derFeef

So I hate to be that guy, but is this ever coming to PS4 and it's just Xbone/360/PC first?

Will add to op!

"We haven’t announced any plans yet for any additional platforms outside of the PC, but the way I typically answer that question is we want to get this game in the hands of as many people as possible," said Lindley.

"Obviously, we’re exclusively first on the Xbox platforms, but I think in the coming months players will see some announcements that will please them depending on their platform of choice."

Nice OP, just a note though it's almost unreadable on mobile due to all the indents. :/

:( sorry, never thoght of this, will check for rework tomorrow but it's really late here already.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
True...

Always have my brother to play stuff like this with, since those old days of reading NES and SNES games to him, haha. Can never fully forget those days, and they'll always be a part of why I love gaming with REAL PEOPLE rather than just over wires and headsets.

Anyway, nothing mentioned about the game suggest the splitscreen also works online, just that you can play offline like that, in addition with Smartglass players also playing the "boss" mode.

If all of this somehow allows players to bring such online as well, I'd be quite happy. But most trailers just seem to point those features out as "offline" ones. I didn't know EDF 2025 allowed Couch + Online on Xbox 360 until someone in that thread pointed it out, though, so I could have missed something somewhere.

Top Bottom