• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

AEREC

Just grabbed this for free on the PS4...was holding out for it being a PS+ game but this works too.

Hows the PS4 community? Guessing it's going to get a small boost now.

kriskrosbbk

Can't equip unlocked characters .I have unlocked few characters by collecting stickers but they are nowhere to be found . Any suggestions? PS4.

edit:nevermind just saw it

drotahorror

So yeah this game is sick. I knew it would be but I couldn't get any of my friends to buy it. Now they all like it too.

Only thing that sucks is I feel like the Plants are just on another level compared to the zombies. In TDM zombies hardly ever win.

Pennybags

I haven't been able to get internet services equipped in my new apartment for a week now.

Of all the games I have right now, of course this is the one I'm fiending for like a crackhead who needs his fix.

Those holiday promotions aren't helping.

#Sunflower4LyfeBitches

Finalow

played the game for 2-3 hours, it's pretty fun.

if someone wants to co-op or pvp, on PS4, my id is Jack999888.

edit/ nvm, I just saw how to change "costumes".

Is there a better way of teaming up with friends other than just inviting while in-game?

I tried the party matchmaking option, but it just sent me straight into a random game.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Woah this game is fucking awesome :) It reminds me of TF2 a lot. Also i think there is a bunch of little kids playing because i just went 10 - 0 and i kinda felt bad, i just camped with the sniper plant and killed all the zombies that wanted to revive their friends.

Finalow

I'm not a fan of the way you're supposed to level up but what's the best sticker pack to get skip challenge cards?

Woah this game is fucking awesome :) It reminds me of TF2 a lot. Also i think there is a bunch of little kids playing because i just went 10 - 0 and i kinda felt bad, i just camped with the sniper plant and killed all the zombies that wanted to revive their friends.
yeah. one-sided battles aren't very rare. I also hear some of them with the mic, literally 9 y old kids.

Finalow

For challenge skip stars, invest in the 10k packs. You get less skip stars (mostly 2x or 3x) but you get them consistently.
I see, thanks.

how do I unlock the other abilities? I've seen that each character has 6 of them, even if they're just slightly different from the original 3 I'd like to try them.

IISANDERII

LTTP

I'm having fun with the wave based survival mode. I've just been buying the cheapest sticker packs for the tower emplacements, but am I missing anything important by avoiding the other sticker packs?

Finalow

I thought that more people here got the game for free on PS4 but this OT is pretty much dead. :_( still looking for someone to play with~

buy 20k packs
which one, exactly?

I'm having fun with the wave based survival mode. I've just been buying the cheapest sticker packs for the tower emplacements, but am I missing anything important by avoiding the other sticker packs?
pretty much anything else. you get some better zombie cards with 10-20k packs but I've yet to get the strongest ones, or the ones for the trophy.

BPK

Fantastic game. Very creative and surprisingly well balanced in terms of each side. I'm playing this more than anything else on ps4 right now.

Nyx

Thanks EA!

Grabbed the free copy on PS4 last week and having a blast, game went from nowhere straight into my GOTY top 10 for sure.

Pennybags

Just started playing after getting it free. Amazingly addictive game!

When should I use the skip challenge stars?

On challenges that are time consuming, difficult for your playstyle, or highly situational. Getting to level 10 on a class nets you a New character.

Is there a way to access the demo mode that you can play while the game is installing? I'd like to experiment with new character abilities instantly.

VariantX

After about 10 hours of just playing the game im wondering why the hell EA gave this away for free to ps4 users. This is probably the best thing to come out of EA in quite some time. This game is full of little things they did right that make me love it. It has micro transactions, but they didn't seperate money you earned ingame from money you earned through play so you don't feel like you're grinding to get stuff because you earn a decent amount of money just playing the game. Matchmaking works damn near instantly, never har to wait more than 5 seconds to be in a game after selefting "search for game". Apparently the dlc is free and so everyone can keep playing together which won't divide and strangle tbe community. Beyond even all that, the game itself is fun to play. I never felt like I got a bad spawn or lag was screwing with my performance. I can only wonder will EA continue to support thid game over the long haul because it deserves to grow.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What's the population like on PC? Thinking about getting it.

It's very much alive, just got it during the Origin sale. Sometimes the game likes to connect you to an empty server but in 9/10 cases I've quickly connected to a well populated server.

What are the best characters for each class that I should be aspiring to get?

Really depends on your play style.

Really all the default characters (apart from the default scientist) are really good. I find the default Catus to be amazing compared to the other ones.

Once you start unlocking characters, the crossbow commando is hugely OP IMO. The Camo sniper foot soldier is also great.

To be honest each one has its advantages and disadvantages.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Really depends on your play style.

Really all the default characters (apart from the default scientist) are really good. I find the default Catus to be amazing compared to the other ones.

Once you start unlocking characters, the crossbow commando is hugely OP IMO. The Camo sniper foot soldier is also great.

To be honest each one has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Seriously, I run when I see that crossbow.

I know its true first hand. My niece loves PvZ on the PC and instantly recognized it when she saw me playing it. So of course she wants to play it. She is ok at 2d games, horrible at 3d ones. I think she died like 8-9 times in a row and didnt mind one bit. :D

Permanently A

It seems this OT is somewhat dead but just curious, anyone know why PS4 servers have been so laggy as of late?

And when do we get the rewards for the current Engineer challenge?

It seems this OT is somewhat dead but just curious, anyone know why PS4 servers have been so laggy as of late?

Yeah, it's been pretty ridiculous. Rubberbanding on every server I try recently. Hoping C-Jo sees this and can pass along the info so that it'll be looked into.

Lrrr

Bumping this so everyone can know this game is on sale for $9.99 in the PSN store (PS$ and PS3 versions). Great game and extremely fun. It's my personal GOTY.

Audioboxer

Got my platinum a few days ago, testament to how much I love this game!

Never uploaded a video from the PS4 before so I tried one out with two short clips of two of my favourite combo killers, the chilli bomb and imp punt lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoGa0UiFiJ0

I had an even better chilli bomb on the golf course but the PS4 didn't record correctly :/

Lrrr

I didn't think I was going to enjoy Gnome Bomb, but it's actually a lot of fun. I've yet to find a match that was full though. Usually it's like 10 people or less are playing and the maps are too big for teams that small. I actually think PvZ would benefit from having a few LESS playlist to keep the community strong and games full. I'd keep:

• Welcome Mat
  • Team Vanquish
  • Gardens & Graveyards
  • Suburbanation
  • Vanquished Confirmed
And get rid of the rest.

eastx

I didn't think I was going to enjoy Gnome Bomb, but it's actually a lot of fun. I've yet to find a match that was full though. Usually it's like 10 people or less are playing and the maps are too big for teams that small. I actually think PvZ would benefit from having a few LESS playlist to keep the community strong and games full. I'd keep:

• Welcome Mat
  • Team Vanquish
  • Gardens & Graveyards
  • Suburbanation
  • Vanquished Confirmed
And get rid of the rest.

That's a good idea.

Audioboxer

Apart from sucking the hours from me to get a plat this game seems to have permanently burned in its hud on my Plasma lol.

Guess that's one way to show I got my money's worth!

Lrrr

That's a good idea.

Thank you.

Trimming down the playlist is a good idea. However, they have to keep Gnome Bomb in because it has its own set of trophies. I'd swap Vanquished Confirmed for it in your list. At the very least, they should get rid of the "Classic" playlists.

Ah yes, you're correct regarding the trophies. As much as I enjoy Vanquished Confirmed, it would have to go.

Maybesew

Is there an active community here? I've bern trying to get the trophy for hard and/or crazy difficulty and it's pretty hard to do when matched with randoms

Red Hood

Banned
So I bought the Humble Bundle yesterday and I got this with it, played it a little bit and it's actually pretty damn fun, lol. It doesn't seem to have a lot of depth though, or I haven't figured it out yet. Are people on GAF still playing this online a lot?

I got this game when it was free a few months ago, and I really, really like it. By far my most-played game this gen. I have a really dumb question, though. In multiplayer, why do some players have character icons over their heads (like the Peashooter icon, for example). Is it when my teammates shoot them? I want to know so I know when I have it above my head, as well.

I got this game when it was free a few months ago, and I really, really like it. By far my most-played game this gen. I have a really dumb question, though. In multiplayer, why do some players have character icons over their heads (like the Peashooter icon, for example). Is it when my teammates shoot them? I want to know so I know when I have it above my head, as well.

It means they've been spotted by your team mates.

You spot by looking at an enemy player for a few seconds.

Top Bottom