• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

derFeef

Tried this after a few months break. New gamemodes seem fun, but boy is everyone playing Peashooter and Cactus now? Rrarely see any Sunflower or Chomper.

Tried this after a few months break. New gamemodes seem fun, but boy is everyone playing Peashooter and Cactus now? Rrarely see any Sunflower or Chomper.

I think new players tend to gravitate to those classes and we've had a big influx recently. It's not that much of a problem with the Plants, but the Zombies really need a mix of classes to succeed in Gardens and Graveyards.

Sun Flower and Chomper aren't that easy to jump into and can be downright frustrating at first.

The Chomper in the right hands is devastating but it does require more knowledge of the map and player behaviour. I get mad killstreaks with the Fire Chomper which has a short-range flamethrower that lets you scatter groups.

Some of the Sunflowers are better snipers than the Cactus if you effectively use healflowers and the sunbeam. I wish that healing team mates was more satisfying though - not so much the coins you get but just the mechanics. Team Fortress letting you build up an overcharge was a brilliant way to encourage healing.

jfoul

Does the PC version have some sort of grouping system? My wife, and a friend of mine are having a hard time getting into groups together. Also, garden ops always drops connection.

I'm partial to the Sunflower because I tend to go for support-type characters in games like this because I'm generally not as good as everyone else so at least I can be SOME help.

Frenden

Banned
The only trophies I have left are Garden Ops related and I'm bummed they're all that's keeping me from platinum. I never connect/don't find others playing the mode like many of you too.

So, I'm just missing 2 trophies. Getting to rank 10 with one class and getting to rank 50. But I feel I'm doing something wrong, since it's taking forever. Should I try to do this purely by getting sticker star from packets? I'm currently rank 8 with the foot soldier, and some of the challenges are just ridiculous and based on luck. Specially since the community is so active. Help!

So, I just missing 2 trophies. Getting to rank 10 with one class and getting to rank 50. But I feel I'm doing something wrong, since it's taking forever. Should I try to do this purely by getting sticker star from packets? I'm currently rank 8 with the foot soldier, and some of the challenges are just ridiculous and based on luck. Specially since the community is so active. Help!

Yeah, this is only doable using Stars to pass the pot luck challenges - you tend to get tons of Skip Challenge stickers if you play regularly and maintain a steady stream of package purchases.

Nethaniah

So i guess the whole class discussion isn't really going on anymore but i have to say (after spending 144 hours with it) that i really dislike that the scientist can't heal without a cooldown, it's so dissapointing, why not make it that you can shoot your mates and heal them that way (with balanced numbers of course.)

Been playing this again on xbox one because a nephew visited and asked to play it again, after not playing the game for a few months it's really fresh and exciting to get back into it with all the updates.

Feels like they improved things everywhere, weapon collision, jumping, it all feels like it's refined.

pacman85

Been playing this again on xbox one because a nephew visited and asked to play it again, after not playing the game for a few months it's really fresh and exciting to get back into it with all the updates.

Feels like they improved things everywhere, weapon collision, jumping, it all feels like it's refined.
It really is a great game and they just keep adding content to it. Free content at that! Also, with every update they fix bugs, buff or nerf certain classes/characters and just fine tune the game in general. Support for this game has been fantastic and is my most played game of the year. It will be until Halo MCC comes out!

Did the same thing... The new Taco truck mode is amazing and the amount and variety of characters now is insane.

The Light

On ps3 and can never play garden ops. Either it stays on the loading screen or once I'm in game its so laggy that I disconnect. The weird thing about it is that it only happens with that mode.

Maledict

On ps3 and can never play garden ops. Either it stays on the loading screen or once I'm in game its so laggy that I disconnect. The weird thing about it is that it only happens with that mode.

Garden ops works differently to the other modes. Other modes are hosted on EA servers, whereas garden ops is hosted on one of the players servers. I did think they had fixed those issues though.

Mind you, I have hardly played garden ops. I thought when I bought the game that would be the mode I played, as I loved ME3s multiplayer and generally don't enjoy competitive multi-player. But this game is so darn good I'm constantly in gardens and graveyards mode...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I love this game but the Garden Ops servers are terrible. Basically have a 50/50 chance of being able to finish a match without being booted due to connection issues. The lag can get really bad too. It wouldn't be as bad if you could at least keep all the coins you made, but that's not the case. Really discouraging. 👎

AcridMeat

Banned
Does anyone play this on PC? How is the community? I've been wanting to play it for a while and $20 seems like a good deal if I can get a few weeks out of it. I need an actual fun multiplayer experience after FIFA15/NBA2k15.

Ryan_

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy it for PS4 or PC.
I do like mouse/keyboard but PS4 is cheap now.

edit: nvm, won't be on sale in EU PSN

Bracket

Is the Xbox One version's voice chat still supposed to be broken? I can talk maybe in my first game joined but it doesnt matter cause no one else seems to be able to talk.

Regardless, anyone on Xbone want to play some time?

GT: Sundull

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Started playing again on PS4 and I already have about 50k coins... What should I be spending them on?

jIhg8U4.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
Well despite the impending sale that will make it cheaper, I bought it on GMG for a bit of a discount to play over the weekend. It's as fun as I remember it. If anyone on Origin wants to play I'd be happy to.

Offline mode in all versions is simply a 10 wave horde.

There's a great mixture and randomness in the waves itself, but generally not enough content to justify a purchase by itself.

It very much takes a back seat to the MP.

Yes it's Garden Ops when you're alone but if you play split-screen it's not even that. It is basically garden ops without anything special. Just waves of enemies.

I've been searching high and low for an answer to this, but I simply can't connect to a game on Xbox One.

I have an open NAT, and everytime I go and search for a game it says it found a server and then it says can't connect.

Is the connection stuff broken or do I need to open some ports? It's the first time I've had any connection issues in a game for years.

Top Bottom