• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

Mohonky

Just playing this on PC atm with EA's 3 free days pass. Curious as to what the levelling up involves.

I know buying the $20000 packs give you upgrades for regular characters, but do the variants of each character actually contain any sort of upgrades or are they just a different skin? I have noticed sometimes other opponents have seemingly frozen me or set me on fire, I assume this is to do with the character variation they are using?

Just playing this on PC atm with EA's 3 free days pass. Curious as to what the levelling up involves.

I know buying the $20000 packs give you upgrades for regular characters, but do the variants of each character actually contain any sort of upgrades or are they just a different skin? I have noticed sometimes other opponents have seemingly frozen me or set me on fire, I assume this is to do with the character variation they are using?

Each character has several variants with slightly different primary weapons, things like rate of fire, type of damage, splash area, zoom level, damage fall-off at range etc. E.g. the pea shooter has variant characters like the Plasma Pea (slow rate of fire but can charge shots for high damage), the Law Pea (rapid fire six shooters that require good aim for midrange high damage) etc. To unlock these variant characters, you collect 'stickers' for each one until you have a set. Or you can buy the 40.000 coins pack for a guaranteed unlock.

In addition to this, you can get alternate versions of each class' core abilities. These can be applied to any character of that class you have unlocked. E.g. you might unlock the Sombrero Bean for Peas, which lets them toss slightly weaker bombs at a greater distance.

Plissken

Picked this up on PS4 today, digital version. Is it supposed to take this long to install? Been running around this neighborhood for 30 minutes now, and I'm at 50%. Should I quit out of the game, is it still downloading or something?

Sushen

I'm supposed to get some sticker packs from the pre order like fat princess hat for chomp, and I'm not sure where I can find them or what exactly I'm getting. Anyone care explain to me, please?

I'm supposed to get some sticker packs from the pre order like fat princess hat for chomp, and I'm not sure where I can find them or what exactly I'm getting. Anyone care explain to me, please?

These should be unlocked as customization options. At the character select screen, choose the class with the bonus item (e.g. The Chomper), click on Appearance, then select 'Hats' and scrolls through until you see the princess hat.

How active is the community on PC? Might pick this up over the weekend...

No trouble finding matches in the Euro zone, even in the dead of night. Better luck with this than Titanfall.

Sushen

These should be unlocked as customization options. At the character select screen, choose the class with the bonus item (e.g. The Chomper), click on Appearance, then select 'Hats' and scrolls through until you see the princess.
I don't see it there...

The fat princess and sly Cooper appearance items come in a sticker pack each. You open those and then they are available in the character appearance options just as described above. The customizations are inky available for specific characters, though. You won't see the fat princess show up for anything but the Chomp.

Audioboxer

Game is on the EU store but cannot be purchased or even pre-loaded?

Really looking for a MP game I can get into, hate games that rely too much on individual skill online. I prefer helping a team, I'm usually a support or healer kind of guy (I was a great medic in TF2).

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Been playing this using the 72 hour full game trial on Origin and it's amazingly fun and so far the unlocks don't seem that cheap at all. Will most likely buy this eventually, having a blast with it.

This shit is like, realtime Worms + TF2

M_A_C

Had this on PC, just double dipped and I went ahead and picked up the PS4 version at target for the cheeto deal. It's super fun and runs great at 1080p. The shadows may even be better on PS4 than PC.

Maledict

Grabbed this on a whim for my PS4.

What an utterly amazing game. Such a shame it won't get the attention it deserves on the console due to the late release.

There's something so enchanting about healing a team mate with a rainbow of love whilst layering down enemy zombies...

Messiek

You will get so much out of this game in terms of bang for your buck. It's the best multi-player game of the year. Just do it, I guarantee you'll like it.

I'm too easy to convince. haha
My name is Thales and I'm addicted to video games.
I guess I'm buying this ; )
Thanks

lordkosc

You will get so much out of this game in terms of bang for your buck. It's the best multi-player game of the year. Just do it, I guarantee you'll like it.

I totally agree, I have clocked in almost 30 hours in the last 2 weeks, it's really fantastic.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This released very quietly on PS4. I didn't even realize it was out until I stumbled across it while browsing the PSN store, but I bought it right away. Here's hoping the game is able to maintain a decent community, since I really like what I've played so far. Anyone else playing should feel free to friend me on PSN, ID's in the profile. I might make a thread back on the main board just to see who's playing, etc.

d1rtn4p

Always losing connections to sessions on the PS4 for some reason. Not to mention it barely manages to connect to games...I think I've been able to play an hour total over the past three days.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Always losing connections to sessions on the PS4 for some reason. Not to mention it barely manages to connect to games...I think I've been able to play an hour total over the past three days.
Just Garden Ops or all modes?

That mode gives me issues.
Everything else is near flawless.

Anyone playing this on a PC that's close to the minimum spec? How bad does it look and run?

Edit: Took a punt on it seeing as it's £12. Runs fine on medium settings - haven't tried anything higher yet.

PSA: This is currently $20 on Amazon US. I think I'm right in saying that Origin doesn't region lock anything....?

xinek

This game kills me. Tactical Cuke? Bamboo Shoot? The messages on loading screens ... One that says something like 2 out of 10 zombies agree that zombies are smarter than plants. Clearly, people had fun making this game!

This game kills me. Tactical Cuke? Bamboo Shoot? The messages on loading screens ... One that says something like 2 out of 10 zombies agree that zombies are smarter than plants. Clearly, people had fun making this game!

There are also wonderful details in the map design, like anti-zombie graffiti or 'battle plans' from the zombies (cannon + zombie = brains).

This game is just great fun with none of the rage, frustration and e-peen waving that you get in other shooters (as long as you judiciously use the mute button.)

xinek

There are also wonderful details in the map design, like anti-zombie graffiti or 'battle plans' from the zombies (cannon + zombie = brains).

This game is just great fun with none of the rage, frustration and e-peen waving that you get in other shooters (as long as you judiciously use the mute button.)
It's on par with Mario Kart -- everywhere you look, there's been attention paid to detail. All the little animations. The audio cues if you're getting hit while healing. And no teabagging. Quality!

"El Taco Baño"

It's on par with Mario Kart -- everywhere you look, there's been attention paid to detail. All the little animations. The audio cues if you're getting hit while healing. And no teabagging. Quality!

"El Taco Baño"

Yup this game is amazing. Got it 3 days ago for ps4. I still can't believe it was $40. I would had forked the $60 no questions asked now that I know how good it is.

Matty8787

So I had this on XONE, traded it blah blah....

Today it just showed up again on my games and apps so I installed it and it plays fine!

Woop.

Top Bottom