• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation®VR2 App listing now on Steam

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Enjoy virtual reality games and apps on Steam with PlayStation VR2!

• Play VR games and apps on Steam using your PlayStation VR2 headset and PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers.
  • Set up your PlayStation VR2 on your PC.
  • Update the firmware for your PlayStation VR2 headset and PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers.
  • Adjust settings for your PlayStation VR2 from the SteamVR dashboard, including setting your play area and screen brightness.

You'll need the following to get started with PlayStation VR2 App:

• PlayStation VR2 VR headset
  • PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers (Connect via Bluetooth)
  • PlayStation VR2 PC adapter

For details about the required specs for PC, visit the PlayStation VR2 support page, or refer to the “System Requirements” section below.

Using this app​

To play VR games and apps on Steam with PlayStation VR2, PlayStation VR2 App needs to be installed on your PC. Keep the app installed even after initial setup is complete.

ss_7101235188c9dd4cbc9c45814b471b17963fd74a.1920x1080.jpg

ss_856306ca728a3e6086cd5b6cc52f0ddd3233798d.1920x1080.jpg

ss_bf3e4c3c59e93332b26fa124891ef1aa598dea7e.1920x1080.jpg
ss_7367a1a1f7a16d0032fdf22954b402316b6635fc.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5e3382cd0a556c71e459325d157feac25b9afece.1920x1080.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dont forget you need the PC adapter. $60 US.

To start, players will need to purchase a PlayStation VR2 PC adapter, which will be available for an estimated retail price of $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99 at select retailers and direct.playstation.com where available. Players will also need a commercially available DisplayPort cable (sold separately) that is compatible with DisplayPort 1.4, as well as a Steam account and a PC that meets the minimum requirements below.*

Minsc

Gold Member
It's also worth pointing out that all the advanced and unique features of the PSVR2 don't work with PC VR / Steam VR.

The HDR, the headset vibration, the eye tracking, the foveated rendering, etc. None of them are supported with this. That was a bit of a letdown for me, but looking forward to seeing some impressions.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Great direction they are moving in. I appreciate the work put in to allow PSVR2 owners to extract more value out of their purchase. I do hope Sony continues to invest in a solution to allow PC devs to take advantage of the HDR, eye tracking, and headset haptics.

gothmog

Gold Member
I'm curious how this stacks up to my quest 3. For $60 at worst I have a secondary headset on my gaming laptop ready to go.

It would be great if we could preorder the adapter to secure one for release. As it stands, I don't even know where they will sell them outside of the official website.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm curious how this stacks up to my quest 3. For $60 at worst I have a secondary headset on my gaming laptop ready to go.

Way better blacks, more immersive.
Worse mura in grays.
No visual streaming issues if you have them (my Q3 wireless is flawless for me).

Those are the main things afaik.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Steam: thanks for making us relevant again.

Sony: we want to make you big, and don’t be shocked if there’s half life 4 psvr2.

Steam: ok I do think you can pencil in half life alex psvr2.

Remember when Sony was vague about VR2 for PC, and warriors were saying it meant you still needed a PS5 for it to work, or only PS5 gamers can use it to leach PC Steam games to boost the PS5 library (so it was like a one-way street).

I mean, I suggested that and it's still something SIE needs to do. But in addition to making it PC-compatible.

So, like an even trade, really.

Top Bottom