• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

zarnold56

i cannot for the life of me get any of my headphones working other than straight plugging them into mic. They worked on ps4 og with the usb but on my pro doesnt even give me the option of switching to usb

I had to go into my settings under device I think and change the headphone out to all audio not just chat on my PS4 pro.

Have you tried calibrating your tv in HDR? Infamous is glorious on my tv.

I think InFamous varies wildly depending on your TV. For instance - if your using a 1080p TV the game is far too dark when you don't have a light source shining directly on you (so alleyways are insanely dark and you can't make out fine details). It seems to be a known issue that Sucker Punch is investigating, but I increased my TV brightness slightly and that has helped a bit. Still not perfect, but I do love that improved frame rate!

Nerix

Just standing in the queue at the post office to collect my pro. Looking forward to it :) But data transfer will take a while (close to 1,5 TB)...

I learned today that I have zero issues with the amount of HDR input lag on my LG 65C6P OLED, which I was fairly worried about before! WOOHOO!!! I tried out both Uncharted 4 and Infamous SS and was able to control the game just fine, and my performance in the game didn't suffer.

Then again my last 3 TV's have had 115ms, 50ms, and now 67ms (in HDR mode) of lag so that probably explains it. Still, it's reassuring that I can play the games I want and enjoy them despite many in GAF saying it would be "unplayable".

Oh and btw... these games look STUNNING in HDR on this TV!! I'm a huge Pro believer now!

Edit:
Malick[AI];224083767 said:
What are my fellow PS4PRO & XBONES owners who only have 1 HDR compatable HDMI doing?

Not the exact same situation, but my TV only has 3 inputs and I have 3 HDR devices to plug into it along with a receiver with 3 other HDMI devices plugged into it. I bought a new receiver that was HDR compatible.

What are my fellow PS4PRO & XBONES owners who only have 1 HDR compatable HDMI doing?

There are sets with only one compatible HDMI slot?

That seems silly.

I should look out for that.

jonno394

I'll be switching them as and when (if my TV is that, I know only HDMI 1 accepts UHD color so I assume this is me)

I have a receiver that has multiple hdmi in that support 4k/HDR
once I get my Xbox one S it'll plug in to the other port on the back of my receiver.

I believe during the transfer process it will ask you if you want to deactivate it, so don't worry about doing it beforehand

It only asked me if I wanted to activate my new system as my primary device, it did not deactivate my old system. I had to perform a full system initialization on my old system afterwards.

Loomba

On the pro and compatible games, do I need to manually switch to a "pro mode" or something in the settings? or does it automatically pick up that it's a pro and I dont need to change anything?

AEREC

On the pro and compatible games, do I need to manually switch to a "pro mode" or something in the settings? or does it automatically pick up that it's a pro and I dont need to change anything?

Games will know its a pro automatically. But some games have different "pro" modes you will need to switch too...higher framerate versus better graphics\resolution.

j-wood

I've got my pro hooked up to my 1080p set. Is there anything I need to toggle in titanfall 2 to get the super sampling?

Mington

If you are using WiFi on your PS4 Pro check that you are connected to 5G

Although i selected 5G during initial setup, i just checked the network settings and it was connected to 2G. (maybe because of copying data from my old PS4?)

-griffy-

Banned
what is peoples opinion of this.

click here

It's not great, and I'm hoping it's just an example of devs first attempt on the system and it'll improve as they get better at optimizing and/or don't aim higher than the system is capable of just to hit a number.

This was one of my initial fears. We shouldn't be buying a premium product and getting worse performance for it. Hopefully Sony understands this and is stern with devs.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Display lag -> TV

Input lag -> Time it takes the controller to send via BT

No m8. Both of these are generally refered to as Input Lag. Display Lag just describes a certain kind of Input Lag, i.e. delay from output source to a display device (in this case the "input" is the HDMI signal).

jonno394

Malick[AI];224084736 said:
Yeah, I think most Samsung 4k TV owners are in this boat.

For £450 I can't argue though. I don't usually use more than one device at a time, and thankfully it's not difficult for me to change cables (not attached to a wall or anything).

In a couple of years, maybe by the time I buy a scorpio i'll upgrade to a TV that does literally everything without any worries!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Hot damn. Modern Warfare Remastered and Infinite Warfare both look insanely good.

As does the Last of Us.

I won't be double dipping on PC any time soon.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
16 more hours for my transfer to finish. I started it before bed 8 hours ago overnight...

I should have gone with a different method other than both consoles wired through ethernet to my router. I am transfarring 1tb of data, but some here have done half that in a fraction of the time. Maybe a direct console connection would have been more wise. Eh, I will be at work anyway while it goes, but ugh...

It worked for me doing the folowing :
loggin on the old console
Launch the new one.
Log with default account.
Go to settings -> system -> transfer data from another ps4
follow instructions (connect with accounts to migrate choose data and then push og ps4 ps4 button for 1 sec)
wait for transfer to end (ex : ~ 10 hours for 365go)

I think I've basically tried that but my methods might have been slightly different. I'll give it a try to the T tonight. Thanks.

Well in your original post you get this error code: NE-31175-7. If you google that code you get a few different threads on people getting this error.

But honestly if I was you I would just give up on the transfer idea. Just upload game saves to the cloud and give up on the rest. Doesn't seem worth the hassle. At least unless you are on download caps or something.

Got a little scare when I didn't get any picture with the pro. Turned out the HDMI cord wasn't quite all the way in. The rest worked flawlessly. Got an wiped initialized ps4 that I will try to get my brother to accept as an gift. (he doesn't game all that much)

Most of what I found was my own posts. I'll dig deeper but downloading from the cloud is not an option. For a number of reasons but mainly: I am NOT losing P.T.

This was happening to me last night and the weirdest thing fixed it. The TV I had my old ps4 hooked to was turned off because why would I even need it on since you do everything from the new one right? I kept timing out and eventually went into the other room to see what the old ps4 was doing and turned the TV on. I left the TV on and started the transfer to see if any error showed up on the old one. Low and behold it started right up. I have no idea if I just got lucky that time or giving it a display to output to did something.

I've had both attached to the same TV, switching between them to check it out, and I've had just the Pro attached to the TV and neither method worked.

But your post does give me faith that maybe it's just been some issue that will be rectified naturally by time. I'm going to do a hard powercycle by unplugging each PS4 and starting fresh tonight after work.

I really really really hope this works. It wouldn't let me back up on an external harddrive and I certainly don't have a flash drive big enough to house even my captures (68 gigs).

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
System transfer finally finished.

20 hours for 800 gigs. :|

I guess there must be some sort of bottleneck on my router with LAN devices communicating with each other. Never noticed it before.

Gumbie

I've had both attached to the same TV, switching between them to check it out, and I've had just the Pro attached to the TV and neither method worked.

But your post does give me faith that maybe it's just been some issue that will be rectified naturally by time. I'm going to do a hard powercycle by unplugging each PS4 and starting fresh tonight after work.

I really really really hope this works. It wouldn't let me back up on an external harddrive and I certainly don't have a flash drive big enough to house even my captures (68 gigs).

Can you try hooking them to separate TV's and leaving both TVs turned on the entire time so they are both outputting a video signal during the whole process. I know it sounds pointless and weird but it might be worth a shot. I'm wondering if something is going on when the ps4 isn't outputting video that's causing it to timeout and with you switching inputs back and forth that would cause it to not output for short bursts of time.

I bought this so sure I'd play Tomb Raider at 1080p with the dials turned up but fuck me, 4K is just a game changer. Shame I'll have to move it to my room soon and stop taking up the main TV. Supersampling better be good!

Where is this at?
I think it you hold down the PS button and choose devices, you go to your controller, and switch on the USB connection. You'll know it's working if you plug in the cord and the USB fork symbol comes up at the top left of the screen, and it disconnects if you take the cord out.

On a side note, should it take four hours per 100 GB over the same home network, on the same exact switch, to transfer from my old PS4 to the Pro? This is ridiculous.

Can you try hooking them to separate TV's and leaving both TVs turned on the entire time so they are both outputting a video signal during the whole process. I know it sounds pointless and weird but it might be worth a shot. I'm wondering if something is going on when the ps4 isn't outputting video that's causing it to timeout and with you switching inputs back and forth that would cause it to not output for short bursts of time.

I mean... I suppose that is possible.

It will be a hassle but I think I can arrange that tonight. I'll have to change some things around with setup but at this point I'm willing to try anything. Thanks man. I'll let you know if it works.

Jingo

Åesop;224083092 said:
?? Input Lag usually refers to the delay between the signal output of your source (HDMI out) and the time your TV/monitor takes to receive and display that signal. You are looking at the wrong end here, its the TV/ monitor you have to worry about when you want low input lag.

Or are you talking about the input lag of the controller? That delay will be shorter with the new controller, if you connect it via cable. Bluetooth lag is still the same.

Hum i dont know how should i put it, im playing ps4 on my sony 4k tv and i have to put it in game mode so i dont feel the lag between when i press the button on the controler and i see the action on the tv.

What i was asking is if a buy a ps pro, the lag will be higher or low since ps pro dont have to upscale 1080 content.

Thank you

jiggles

Banned
Is there a list of all the HDR games somewhere?

Everything I search just leads me to "here's the games getting Pro support" list.

I only got to test Titanfall 2 and The Last of Us last night, and the former doesn't, but the latter does.

Charcoal

Quick question: do you need the new vertical stand for the Pro or the one for the launch PS4 is still good?
You'll need the new. The old version won't fit, but the new model fits both the Pro and the slim. Stood my pro up last night and it really looks fantastic.

Top Bottom