• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Cock sucker
JnSv.gif

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I really enjoyed the series.

sircaw

Banned
+ I think they are missing the bit, after all that pain and they have removed a stone, there are more of them lol.

There are a couple of scenes that i recall from that series that made me laugh or made me feel uncomfortable.

There is a scene where with Als second in command Dan fights some come in the street and an eyeball pops.

A scene with Cy, i think his name is when he strangled two you kids that steal from him. not nice viewing.

Third, a funny scene where that racist blacksmith tries to fuck a horse and gets kicked in the head lol.

It's been many years since I watched it, memory might be fuzzy.

Outside of this and Rome, favorite series of all time

Last edited:
There are a couple of scenes that i recall from that series that made me laugh or made me feel uncomfortable.

There is a scene where with Als second in command Dan fights some come in the street and an eyeball pops.

A scene with Cy, i think his name is when he strangled two you kids that steal from him. not nice viewing.

Third, a funny scene where that racist blacksmith tries to fuck a horse and gets kicked in the head lol.

It's been many years since I watched it, memory might be fuzzy.

Outside of this and Rome, favorite series of all time

Any scene where Al and Mr Wu communicate with each other is pretty funny.

Edit: On a side note a gif out of this scene where it's Sony and 3rd parties negotiating those deals would be pretty funny.

Al: That's a Redmond Cocksucker and you want him dead?

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Probably will be Digital Foundry, though. If Mark Cerny is present during the teardown, I doubt the DF boys will talk shit cause Cerny got those laser eyes and will incinerate their ass.
I'd prefer if they got no views out of it... they have done nothing but shill for Xbox and they have no qualifications in a technical area, so no value is lost.
I agree they will probably get it though...

kyliethicc

Probably will be Digital Foundry, though. If Mark Cerny is present during the teardown, I doubt the DF boys will talk shit cause Cerny got those laser eyes and will incinerate their ass.

Unlikely. Probably just a PS Blog post with a YouTube video like they did with PS4 Pro. Sony’s hardware guys tend to do their own tear downs. I guess they could the Wired.com thing again they did with PS4, but that’s still just a Sony guy doing it. They just let Wired put the video on their site.

PS4 Pro

OZFjL0U.jpg

PS4

erjJ6E9.jpg

Last edited:
Unlikely. Probably just a PS Blog post with a YouTube video like they did with PS4 Pro. Sony’s hardware guys tend to do their own tear downs. I guess they could the Wired.com thing again they did with PS4, but that’s still just a Sony guy doing it. They just let Wired put the video on their site.

PS4 Pro

OZFjL0U.jpg

PS4

erjJ6E9.jpg

I can see them going this route, but I'd really like to see a true technical breakdown of the entire system.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I want Mark Cerny to put on his wizard hat and show us all the black magic inside the PS5. Did you know the custom cache scrubbers on the GPU also scrub the sin from your soul? Convert.

I don't think Mark Cerny is good with his hands, he seems more of a software guy to me. He knows hardware extremely well, but meant tear down and so doesn't seem like him. I think we'll see a Japanese guy from Sony, probably this man holding it:

Ea5nWRcXYAAF9a7.jpg:large

xacto

Man, I thought Jim Ryan was a calm guy, but he's ruthless! Starving Xbox to death with all that big money spent to secure many major 3rd party games is just fun to watch!

Gonna enjoy this gen.

tumblr_mq76jxHTst1s577j8o1_400.gif

Crush them, Sony.

4aye0q.jpg

Not much of a gen when your competition is... lackluster.

It's just Sony.

Last edited:

DarkLite

Banned
Man, I thought Jim Ryan was a calm guy, but he's ruthless! Starving Xbox to death with all that big money spent to secure many major 3rd party games is just fun to watch!

Gonna enjoy this gen.

tumblr_mq76jxHTst1s577j8o1_400.gif

Crush them, Sony.

4aye0q.jpg

Starving Xbox to death? Really?
I mean we are only talking about timed exclusives, right? So far all those games even come out the same day on PC - at least all the timed exclusive games announced and at a later date on Xbox anyway.
It would be better if Sony invests more money in first party games, not all those timed exclusive deals. The backlog is huge anyway, people can wait easily.

Not much of a gen when your competition is... lackluster.

It's just Sony.

Why do they feel the need then to pay so much money for all those timed exclusive deals?

Last edited:

DrDamn

It would be better if Sony invests more money in first party games, not all those timed exclusive deals. The backlog is huge anyway, people can wait easily.

Why do they feel the need then to pay so much money for all those timed exclusive deals?

I'm guessing they have good stats to back up that they get returns on that investment. 🤷‍♂️

I don't like any console manufacturer specifically money-hatting exclusives just to keep them off other systems. There is some nuance and greyer areas to the practice though.

Stuff which is acceptable to me:
  • Games which wouldn't have been made without external investment - Street Fighter 5 for example
  • Content which wouldn't have been made without external investment - HZD collaboration with Monster Hunter for example
  • Smaller Indie titles which benefit greatly from promotion in return for timed exclusivity / being included on GamePass or PS+
Stuff I have issues with:
  • Paying for a big game already in development for multiple systems to become exclusive / timed - Tomb Raider / Titanfall for example
  • Paying for content for all systems to come to your platform first - CoD map packs etc for example
Essentially paying for content/game which wouldn't have been possible otherwise is fine. Paying for content/game which was possible to be delayed on other platforms is not fine. Indies are the exception, they need to do what they need to do to be successful and make money.

That said no company is innocent in all this, and to be honest I'm not going to boycott titles or platforms because of it. I'll get both upcoming platforms and buy games where it makes sense for me. MS and Sony both have history in the practice and unfortunately for MS it's cheaper for Sony to do it due to expected sales advantage.

ToadMan

Good point. But if the system is as fast as all of that...why should it take special coding to take advantage of? I mean, ideally at least, if you design a game for the PS5 and it is resident on that SSD shouldn't it just be fast and faster than it would be on an SSD and i/O system that's half as fast? I'm not sure I buy the narrative that developers will have to do too much to take advantage of that speed. We will see though!

Yeah it seems to me it depends on the design philosophy of the engine.

But the SSD is only one aspect, there’s the dual sense and perhaps even the tempest audio that will differentiate the PS5 - Sony would want to see all of those utilised otherwise they spent money on components no one is using.

So going for a 3rd party exclusive is a way for Sony to put these requirements in to the game.

splattered

Yeah it seems to me it depends on the design philosophy of the engine.

But the SSD is only one aspect, there’s the dual sense and perhaps even the tempest audio that will differentiate the PS5 - Sony would want to see all of those utilised otherwise they spent money on components no one is using.

So going for a 3rd party exclusive is a way for Sony to put these requirements in to the game.

That's a good point!

So what you're saying is Sony is forcing all their future exclusives to blow?

Haha i kid

KiNeMz

Banned

SaucyJack

Any merit to this article?

Lets see.

two sources is a good start

1. Robert Serrano 😬

2. Tidux 🤣

So, no. No merit at all.

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
whens the next event most likely?

I guess it'll be an "after Microsoft's next event" thing.
With all the XSS leaks, there just has to be an announcement pretty soon, a price tag also has to follow. Sony will wait for that to counter any price.
So I'd say (without any sources, rumours or insider bla bla) end of August/first week of September.

ToadMan

Any merit to this article?

Nah I doubt it.

Sony already had their big reveal back in June.

When you get to the cup final, you don’t leave your best players on the bench for the next game.

There is more info to come, there might even be another game reveal, third party exclusivity or something but it won’t be earth shattering.

We’ve seen what Sony and MS have right now. If you’re left wanting more ... yep so are a lot of people but these articles are fantasies.

Top Bottom