• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread 2 - This may literally make you sick

Found Parappa combo that hits the threshold but doesnt require a double jump. Probably old, but i was proud of myself for figuring ot out. It grants 135 AP. (probably the same amount for all threashold combos.)

Circle>Down Square>Side Square>Up Square>(Pause a little longer than you might think)>Circle>Square Square.

:)

EDIT: mines more intuitive than TimeEffect :p
Just messing with that

Circle > neutral square > down square > up square seems to flow a bit better

TheMink

^doesnt hit the threashold, unless im doing it different than you?

Nerf Parappa pls

Dammit what the hell do you people want?

Today ive herd nerf everyone except fat p. Ive never played as fat p this beta so i cant say if she needs a buff.

Either everyone is OP or no one is. What in the hell?

SmithnCo

Today ive herd nerf everyone except fat p. Ive never played as fat p this beta so i cant say if she needs a buff.

lol I know. The only thing I think might really need a nerf is Radec's sniper AP gain. Maybe.

It's hard to judge when we can't even play as all of the other characters.

TheMink

Also for those attempting the original combo i posted, if it doesnt hit the threashold (the enemy will get blowed away with gold sparks) its probably the circle>down square not being properly comboed.

Thats always the problem when i mess t up.

Keep Radecs sniper. Reduce the knock back effect the further away you are. If you are close to him, it knocks you back a long way. If you are mid screen it will knock you down. If you on the other side it will just stop yo for a split second like his other guns do

The annoying thing about Radec is he can annoy you from so far

Hm, I think guys like Parappa, or super 2's in general, are going to have trouble dealing with other players who bust out their super 2's to counter. Which would make the Screen Kill super much more viable.

I always thought it'd be a good idea if screen kill supers gave you a bonus point, only because I dont find them valuable over super 2's, but I want to try counter super 2's with my own supers. Maybe we will see more people rely on Screen Kill supers if this happens more

Just scale down the AP gain of kratos from that chain pull, and maybe switch his forward and neutral square moves.

Make fatty p's level 3 easier to get kills with basically make it undodgeable. Hear me out. Those fireballs are super slow so even not being able to dodge it you probably will only get killed once.

Everything else, DON'T TOUCH IT! Sure radec's sniper gets some crazy AP but trust me he will need it on nearly every other level. The two levels in the beta are 2 of the longer and flattest levels in the game.

Just a quick note to say how great Kratos' throw is when you throw someone at another player. Out of interest, do you get double AP gain when that happens?

Doesnt break the level one by itself if thats what you mean by threshold. Are you doing the last part mid air with yours?

I can't seem to launch high enough in it

TheMink

^Hold Square for the uppercut, sorry shoulda said that.

This is what it should look like if done correctly

iSxTYS4xTB28d.jpg

^Hold Square for the uppercut, sorry shoulda said that.

This is what it should look like if done correctly

Holy balls Im going to try this right now

Just scale down the AP gain of kratos from that chain pull, and maybe switch his forward and neutral square moves.

Make fatty p's level 3 easier to get kills with basically make it undodgeable. Hear me out. Those fireballs are super slow so even not being able to dodge it you probably will only get killed once.

110% agree, and I think changing Kratos' square attack and scaling down the AP is the perfect fix.

I also think Sweet Tooth needs to have his Super 2 and 3 buffed. Maybe bust out two rockets with the super 2 that u control with both analog sticks, or simply have a mini explosion when he activates the super in general. His Super 3 needs to have a dash or be more responsive/longer

SmithnCo

Everything else, DON'T TOUCH IT! Sure radec's sniper gets some crazy AP but trust me he will need it on nearly every other level. The two levels in the beta are 2 of the longer and flattest levels in the game.

Fully agree with Fatty P's 3. It just blows. Why you would choose that over the chicken or a couple 1s is beyond me.

TheMink

You created a Einstein-Rosen Bridge! O:

Hahahahaha!! XD

A couple notes about hitting the theashold:

-The spark in the pic looks not quite as explosive as that. Thats just the first frame.

-If you end the combo and the enemy goes downward instead of out and up with the trademark sparks, youve done something wrong.

Edit: as i said before the likely mistake is the Circle>Down Square not being true enough.

-The reason you get 135 AP is because you hit the threashold (which seth said is 100 AP) and gives you a bonus for hitting it (35 AP seemingly)

Any questions?

Hahahahaha!! XD

-The spark in the pic looks not quite as explosive as that. Thats just the first frame.

-If you end the combo and the enemy goes downward instead of out and up with the trademark sparks, youve done something wrong.

Edit: as i said before the likely mistake is the Circle>Down Square not being true enough.

-The reason you get 135 AP is because you hit the threashold (which seth said is 100 AP) and gives you a bonus for hitting it (35 AP seemingly)

Any questions?

I can get pretty far, but not 135.

Also, Im trying to hard to combo and am losing games because of it. Comboing is harder than I thought it'd be, but Im going to keep at it.

TheMink

I took a quick vid of it, but i only have my phone is there a way to upload with only my iphone?

If you want to see it of course.

Hahahahaha!! XD

Any questions?

Yea I can't get it to hit the threshold. Is there a slight pause in the circle then down square?

I have more fun mixing it up though. For instance circle, down square, up square, side triangle puts the opponent in an invincible state but double jump immediately and you can land a deadly up circle.

Edit: really combos are great and fun but as long as you tie up your opponents and make yourself hard to hit you should be alright.

TheMink

I can get pretty far, but not 135.

Also, Im trying to hard to combo and am losing games because of it. Comboing is harder than I thought it'd be, but Im going to keep at it.

I love fighting games to their core, so i can combo quite easily in game.

My best advice is to make the whole combo a perfect unit in training. When combos are concerned dont leave it up to guessing.

Grokbu

With Parappa, you can actually connect a circle attack after, for example, a down square.

So you can basically do circle, down square, circle, down square... etc until you hit the combo limit. Can be really good if you don't want to send the opponent up onto floors.

His circle attack is really good, since you can land it after aerial forward triangle and, among other stuff, start the above combo.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Seriously, the fact that Radec has garbage melee should more than make up for having a powerful sniper. If you corner him there's really not much he can do.
Exactly, that's why you can just jump a bit away, distance yourself a bit and sniper away, that teleportation trick makes it even easier

You can of course always be on the hunt for Radec but really you won't rack up kills this way since you constantly need to be on him for him not to shoot away, only if at least two people are on him will he be powerless (so in 2vs2 matches it could only work)

TheMink

Yea I can't get it to hit the threshold. Is there a slight pause in the circle then down square?

I have more fun mixing it up though. For instance circle, down square, up square, side triangle puts the opponent in an invincible state but double jump immediately and you can land a deadly up circle.

Edit: really combos are great and fun but as long as you tie up your opponents and make yourself hard to hit you should be alright.

Nope, id say Circle>Down Square as fast as possible lol.

Also this doesnt work in the corner, so mix it up with something that doesnt include a side square for the corner.

Exactly, that's why you can just jump a bit away, distance yourself a bit and sniper away, that teleportation trick makes it even easier

You can of course always be on the hunt for Radec but really you won't rack up kills this way since you constantly need to be on him for him not to shoot away

I harass the hell out of radec and basically build meter exclusively off him get 8-10 kills because of it.

Nope, id say Circle>Down Square as fast as possible lol.

Also this doesnt work in the corner, so mix it up with something that doesnt include a side square for the corner.

I have done it every part of the stage and no luck. I feel like he falls out of the combo and thus the threshold resets. Seems a little to involved for me to do in ffa. Rather stick to the moves I know and settle for less AP, but more fluid and faster attacks.

They should add basic combo training for public beta. Expand training and teach them how to use and dodge supers for all beta characters. Hoping they update for the final beta.

When is LA event again?

TheMink

Im telling you its not as hard as it seems.

Also does anyone have a link to that vid i posted a while ago that was me doing a rock ver. of the new theme? I forgot my username for that account lol XD

Moofers

What the hell is Sweet Tooth's level 2 anyway? Everytime I've tried it, I launch a missle that just explodes into the wall and doesn't kill anyone.

WatTsu

OK, I really gotta ask how scoring works.

Is it 2 points per kill? I'm guessing 1 point is subtracted for each death, at least. I'm just curious as to how we arrive at some of these final scores.

SmithnCo

OK, I really gotta ask how scoring works.

Is it 2 points per kill? I'm guessing 1 point is subtracted for each death, at least. I'm just curious as to how we arrive at some of these final scores.

You got it right. 2 per kill, -1 per death.

Just played as Radec and this one dude named Phosadra using Sly was on my ass so hard.

It was the most fun match I've ever had with Radec, dude was invisible everywhere and sneaking up on me. I barely won with 4k/1d compared to his 4k/2d. Oh and there were 2 Kratos there but they were doodoo trash.

kewlmyc

Goddamn, Sly is a big bowl of fun. I just need to learn some combos with him. Also, there are a hell of a lot of square mashing Kratos online. Just won a match with 3 different Kratos in them.

Anyone know any good Sly combos.

Oooooooooo I can create a combo from the air with parappa. Game over Folks.

while in air side triangle, land the up square, circle, square square. Or if the opponent is near a wall you an do side circle for a wall bounce and the up triangle to launch them waaaaaay in the air. Have yet to gett this to hit a threshold, but for what it is it doesn't matter.

Hey mink I can do that combo now, don't know what I was doing before but I can do it with relative ease now. Also can you tell me if this hits the threshold I can't tell because of the spark the boombox puts off. do the same thing as before but with the opponent up against the wall instead of doing the Mic pull go straight into up circle?

Note the opponent isnt starting at the wall but rather enough from it that when you do up square he is against the wall, and you are directly under him.

Kurod

Banned
Goddamn, Sly is a big bowl of fun. I just need to learn some combos with him. Also, there are a hell of a lot of square mashing Kratos online. Just won a match with 3 different Kratos in them.

Anyone know any good Sly combos.

Sly's not really a big combo guy. Best I've managed to do is to land neutral triangle (or neutral circle counter) to stun a guy then go square, down+square, up+square, square.

Top Bottom