• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread 2 - This may literally make you sick

TheMink

Got one, kinda tough:

Jump side traingle>(slight pause depending on what angle you hit at)circle>down square>side square>up square(hold)>(pause)circle.

It seems like some of those are interchangeable though.

Easier one:

Jump side traingle>circle>down square>up square (hold)>circle>square>square

Sponge

Banned
Some more fun with a friend of mine.

pBrEb.jpg

Niter

Can anyone comment on how the game feel and play on the PS Vita? Would also like to hear it from people who played on their PS3 and Vita.

Thanks!

WatTsu

Can anyone comment on how the game feel and play on the PS Vita? Would also like to hear it from people who played on their PS3 and Vita.

Thanks!

Played it on both. It's great on the Vita, it looks virtually unchanged. Plays great on PS3, too. You may develop a preference for one or the other but it all translates well.

SSReborn

Thanks!

It feels the exact same I've been finding myself doing most of my playing on the Vita instead of the PS3.

The button config is the exact same except, on Vita you tap the touchscreen to pick up items (you have to be right beside the item and you don't have to actually touch the item just tap anywhere on the screen) and you press select to taunt

Got one, kinda tough:

Jump side traingle>(slight pause depending on what angle you hit at)circle>down square>side square>up square(hold)>(pause)circle.

It seems like some of those are interchangeable though.

Get out of my head. I was actually going to try just that later. Nice to know you grab them with the Mic after the aerial side triangle.

Parappa just became OP
only in the right hands, and even then......

plainr_

OMG I'm dying here. This teenage kid is going apeshit on the mic because some little girl is calling him fluffy. I couldn't contain myself from laughing too much. Ended up with -6 points.

B.O.O.M

The vita version was great BUT it definitely was buggier than the ps3..by a mile. Hope they fix these issues by the main games release

It is however still a fantastic looking fun experience on the vita. For that I give BluePoint props

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Last night we were tearing it up.

PzG7Q.jpg

We had a bunch of 20+ games, this was our best :). Loving this game right now.

B.O.O.M

OMG I'm dying here. This teenage kid is going apeshit on the mic because some little girl is calling him fluffy. I couldn't contain myself from laughing too much. Ended up with -6 points.

What IF..Just IF...that was part of his PLAN!?

0_0

TheMink

Got into a match and it ended up being one v one me as parappa and the enemy as kratos.

I had to much fun with this guy, i tricked him into wiffing all his supers lololz of which he only got two :p

I on the otherhand garaunteed my kills with lvl 2s and one lvl 1 cause time was running out, but this dude spent most of the time inside a combo haha

Edit: i felt no need to risk a lvl 1

1) If ur going to pick up the rocket, aim downwards right on top of their head. Most effective this way
2) I love dodging Parappa's 2 and hearing the reaction
3) evertime I play as Parappa I cant help but chill with the enemy, teabag, taunt etc. Most just go in on the offense though :(
4) Mink is boss. I dont even try most of the time

SxP

Maybe it's been posted before, but is anyone else also running a strange character switch bug? Basically when it goes searching -> opponent found (stays there) -> searching etc. sometimes I get a different character when the game actually starts. I had Sly and Fat P when I selected Parappa and just now in 2v2 we both selected Parappa and got Radec and Fat P.

Maybe it's been posted before, but is anyone else also running a strange character switch bug? Basically when it goes searching -> opponent found (stays there) -> searching etc. sometimes I get a different character when the game actually starts. I had Sly and Fat P when I selected Parappa and just now in 2v2 we both selected Parappa and got Radec and Fat P.
Yes, this has happened to me before and I thought I went crazy. I chose Sweet Tooth and it gave my Sly instead(free for all match).

Sid

Yep happened to me several times,i hope they fix this shit.

J-Tier

Yep happened to me several times,i hope they fix this shit.

Probably won't be fixed for the beta xD It's buggy as hell, but it is missing a lot of content.

Though it is somewhat worrisome, I think it's just the missing data that's causing bugs.

^ That Parappa is NSFW

BTW, I noticed a span of 3 level 3 Sweet Tooths in the last 2-3 hours, two of them by me. And, surprisingly, all three uses were very successful, leading to 4+ kills. I managed to get 5, and could have squeezed in another. And I squeezed a fifth kill from Radec's Super 3. All of this is in 2v2, I could have sword Radec could only get 4 max, it's not like I Double Killed right away either.

Kurod

Banned
What is that noise Parappa makes when he does his level one now? I miss "Kick. Punch. It's all in the mind."

YoungOne

I was gonna buy it before but the added polish on this beta has solidified my purchase. Just want them to iron out the connection issues as the beta keeps giving me two matches before it keeps telling me that the servers are unavailable.

Edit: Now it tells me I have been signed out of the playstation network when the xmb says that I'm signed in.

Kurdel

Banned
I am really loving the Vita vesion, and the whole game just clicked when I played it.

The whole "points with specials" mechanic seemed dumb at first glance, but going hands on really changed my mind. Definately buying this day one.

So what do you guys think of the super balance? Like, a super 1 to a super 3? What's your strategies with supers?

Do u find it balanced that lower supers are harder, and that higher supers are easier to hit? Or are you finding it easier to use lower supers?

Jafku

So what do you guys think of the super balance? Like, a super 1 to a super 3? What's your strategies with supers?

Do u find it balanced that lower supers are harder, and that higher supers are easier to hit? Or are you finding it easier to use lower supers?

Depends on the character, and how I feel like playing. Generally It's easier for me to use lower level supers for faster kills. I get angry when I use a level 3 super and I only get like one or two kills

Top Bottom