• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamario

Banned
Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| Shake your eyes for me

kazfinnresize.png

Camjo-Z

Wait, are we actually expecting game announcements from this event? I was under the impression it'd be all about the hardware with maybe a few tech demos thrown in, and E3 would be the megaton event.

Wait, are we actually expecting game announcements from this event? I was under the impression it'd be all about the hardware with maybe a few tech demos thrown in, and E3 would be the megaton event.

I'm not expecting any games to be honest, would rather have a positive surprise than be disappointing when they show nothing.

No. E3 will just be a rehash of what's shown wednesday. maybe some more gameplay but majority of what we want will be shown already. amirite.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm not expecting any games to be honest, would rather have a positive surprise than be disappointing when they show nothing.
I would like to know what you expect to fill the 1h30minutes. Of course the assumption is that it's the same length as the other meetings.

Persona86

Banned
Actually the video show the opposite...the cat is just attacking the kid pretty viciously before the kid hits back and the parents are just laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMIhL63KPxw

I've had cats all my life so I'm pretty good at understanding cat behavior, the cat is simply play fighting with the kid, as if he was another cat. (which of course can get rough, but the cat means no harm)

Then the kid gets angry and hits it and of course THEN the cat gets angry haha.

The parents shouldn't have let the kid play fight with the cat.

Edit: youtube comment says "It's not the kids fault. The mom was egging this on from the beginning. She tells the kid to "hit it" in Russian."
Then when the kid gets attacked they keep laughing.

Such bad parents.

Tagg9

There'll likely be a few obvious games (Guerilla, Sucker Punch) but I wouldn't expect anything on the scale of KH3 or Versus reveals.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just hope Sony's taking notes on how to reveal this thing. After all that hype for Destiny and they come out with a vid doc with almost no gameplay at all I would hope Sony's ready to not repeat that or just show a tech demo.

The Destiny ViDoc barely even had gameplay details. Solid hardware details and tech demos is at least more than that. I'm sure there will be games present too. Destiny is likely launching well after the PS4.

I've had cats all my life so I'm pretty good at understanding cat behavior, the cat is simply play fighting with the kid, as if he was another cat. (which of course can get rough, but the cat means no harm)

Then the kid gets angry and hits it and of course THEN the cat gets angry haha.

The parents shouldn't have let the kid play fight with the cat.

Edit: youtube comment says "It's not the kids fault. The mom was egging this on from the beginning. She tells the kid to "hit it" in Russian."
Then when the kid gets attacked they keep laughing.

Such bad parents.

Imagine if the kat scratched the kid's eye and send him to the hospital just cause retarded parents thought it was entertaining. What else is new.

Anyways, back on topic. So many leaks lately. I hope the conference unveils a lot and then developers start releasing trailers for their next gen games.

Yeah, i'm not sure what he's talking about. If the rumors about the next Xbox are true, then the always connected functionality of Destiny shouldn't bother them. That's the only knock that i've seen against the game so far.

Jeff Gerstmann said he felt like something had been pulled from the press event at Bungie. He said he would not be surprised if Bungie turned up at the PS4 reveal to show something from Destiny, "there was hinting that was possible." He also said that the event seems to be "down to the wire, across the board". So that could go either way.

Jeff Gerstmann said he felt like something had been pulled from the press event at Bungie. He said he would not be surprised if Bungie turned up at the PS4 reveal to show something from the game, "there was hinting that was possible." He also said that the event seems to be "down to the wire, across the board".
bruceleeroy redeemed

vilmer_

Jeff Gerstmann said he felt like something had been pulled from the press event at Bungie. He said he would not be surprised if Bungie turned up at the PS4 reveal to show something from the game, "there was hinting that was possible." He also said that the event seems to be "down to the wire, across the board".

I'm guessing that's from Jeff's latest Giant Bomb video, currently watching right now. He's in his underwear.

Jeff Gerstmann said he felt like something had been pulled from the press event at Bungie. He said he would not be surprised if Bungie turned up at the PS4 reveal to show something from Destiny, "there was hinting that was possible." He also said that the event seems to be "down to the wire, across the board".

But there was also apparently a comment from him saying that he saw footage that wasn't possible on the PS3 or 360. And then Geoff answered a question saying that the footage we've seen is basically the same footage that they were shown.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jeff Gerstmann said he felt like something had been pulled from the press event at Bungie. He said he would not be surprised if Bungie turned up at the PS4 reveal to show something from Destiny, "there was hinting that was possible." He also said that the event seems to be "down to the wire, across the board".

Which event was down to the wire, Destiny's or Sony's? I can imagine Sony's event will be pretty damn close with people figuring out what they have ready to show. The first party teams especially must be sweating since they'll have a ton of pressure to impress.

But there was also apparently a comment from him saying that he saw footage that wasn't possible on the PS3 or 360. And then Geoff answered a question saying that the footage we've seen is basically the same footage that they were shown.
Geoff could be trying to cover it up, sound like it could be a very big surprise if they really show next gen destiny at ps meeting.

Tagg9

Jeff Gerstmann said he felt like something had been pulled from the press event at Bungie. He said he would not be surprised if Bungie turned up at the PS4 reveal to show something from Destiny, "there was hinting that was possible." He also said that the event seems to be "down to the wire, across the board". So that could go either way.

He's just speculating wildly. I wouldn't expect Bungie to make an appearance on Wednesday.

Which event was down to the wire, Destiny's or Sony's? I can imagine Sony's event will be pretty damn close with people figuring out what they have ready to show. The first party teams especially must be sweating since they'll have a ton of pressure to impress.

The Sony event.

I've been pretty laid back the past couple of weeks about this, but for some reason I just got an urge of excitement. The stagnation in the industry the last few years makes me hope that they go absolutely crazy with a bunch of shit we've never seen before with games that weren't possible on PS3. If they just show Killzone 4, Infamous 3, and Uncharted I'll be kind of disappointed.

Geoff could be trying to cover it up, sound like it could be a very big surprise if they really show next gen destiny at ps meeting.

I think that'd be somewhat surprising because i'd think that Sony would've told them to put the brakes on unveiling the game at all before the PS Meeting. The only thing that makes me less sure about that is that Sony isn't making a big deal out of the Destiny announcement right now. There's nothing about it on the PSblog. And when Bungie first announce they were going on multiplatform, a Sony exec made a big deal out of it.

Mung

I've been pretty laid back the past couple of weeks about this, but for some reason I just got an urge of excitement. The stagnation in the industry the last few years makes me hope that they go absolutely crazy with a bunch of shit we've never seen before with games that weren't possible on PS3. If they just show Killzone 4, Infamous 3, and Uncharted I'll be kind of disappointed.

Ha I had that same urge yesterday.. 3 days aaaaaahhhhh

Mung

I think that'd be somewhat surprising because i'd think that Sony would've told them to put the brakes on unveiling the game at all before the PS Meeting. The only thing that makes me less sure about that is that Sony isn't making a big deal out of the Destiny announcement right now. There's nothing about it on the PSblog. And when Bungie first announce they were going on multiplatform, a Sony exec made a big deal out of it.

Could be that Bungie realised that they would get drowned out in terms of news time if they unveiled on wednesday. Hence get their own time before hand.

Yawnier

Banned

I expect a montage that briefly showcases several games for this Playstation meeting for the PS4, that will also be actually showed a bit more in depth at E3 and other events, similar to what we saw at the Vita Playstation Meeting in 2011.

I also expect to see a healthy mix of sequels (like Killzone 4) and new IPs (Evolution's game, perhaps).

If sony hype up the destiny reveal even with just a twitter, we would be mad hyped and expect destiny on ps meeting, my point is sony may want to keep destiny ps4 as their unexpected surprise. Even though destiny is multiplatform thers's no denying that we associate destiny more with xbox because of bungie and activision

Stuart444

I might be one of the few people here that doesn't think we'll see anything Killzone 4 related at the meeting.

Then again I'm not a fan of Killzone but I still don't think we'll see KZ4 at the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom