• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endo Punk

What are the chances of Ape Escape 4 being announced for PS3/PS4 developed by Japan Studio on the 20th? Too busy with Puppeteer and Soul Sacrifice, I'm presuming? Not that that's a bad thing, but...that would make me pretty excited.

Slim to non existent at least for the meeting. I would love an Ape Escape 4 and it was touted to be development years ago but nothing became of it. Although SCEJ did confirm that Puppeteer was put on hold to work on other stuff so maybe it's the same case with AE4. I can't imagine Sony giving up on the franchise. It's like Everybody's Golf, gets made for every PS system.

Help me :)

jnhzu.gif

That kid had it coming.

What are the chances of Ape Escape 4 being announced for PS3/PS4 developed by Japan Studio on the 20th? Too busy with Puppeteer and Soul Sacrifice, I'm presuming? Not that that's a bad thing, but...that would make me pretty excited.

Damn. Ape Escape. I nostalgia'd so hard. I remember playing this with my pal on his PlayStation when we were about little kids. Never played it myself though. Can't wait for the 20th.

How so ? The kid is the one who hit the cat. The cat struck back at his aggressor.

The person holding the camera could see the child was scared and then saw them hit the cat.
Neither time did they do anything.

In fact they keep filming the child getting attacked.
Neither the child or cat are responsible; the adult is.

Hey guys, I'm compiling the OT for the Playstation Meeting now. I'm putting together some of the best Kaz Gifs from the thread... (To do them all would break GAF). I've already gotten Demonite and The Chef's Gifs, and the Shining Gif... but im trying to get more. So i was looking for some assistance:

- One thing is im going to make sure that if it makes it into the OP that it is quoting the original poster. Credit where credit is due...

-If there are a bunch by the same poster, I'm thinking of including like 2 max (though i may make an exception for Demonite :p)

-Should i include the small (by comparison to the long movie scene gifs) reaction Gifs that were made? Or keep them epic?

Sorta disjointed, but any help would be appreciated

Oh! and Thread title is yet undecided. Let's hear them!

I think you should only have one gif in the OP, and then post links to the tumblrs and collection pages of the other gifs for people to look through (and choose which they want to post).

ideally, the one gif is the sunnilegend dark knight gif, the welcome to neogaf/playstation 4 gif, or the kaz crab gif.

as for thread titles, my ideas for now:

Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| PS2 times 2!

Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| ▲ O X­­­ [ ]

Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| Next Gen Clips, Kazified Gifs, and Doritos Potato Chips

The person holding the camera could see the child was scared and then saw them hit the cat.
Neither time did they do anything.

In fact they keep filming the child getting attacked.
Neither the child or cat are responsible; the adult is.

Scared of what ? Is there some video that goes with this gif ? It's hard to assign blame without context.

Yuterald

Slim to non existent at least for the meeting. I would love an Ape Escape 4 and it was touted to be development years ago but nothing became of it. Although SCEJ did confirm that Puppeteer was put on hold to work on other stuff so maybe it's the same case with AE4. I can't imagine Sony giving up on the franchise. It's like Everybody's Golf, gets made for every PS system.

I think it's such a shame that Sony hasn't pursued more of their untouched side of their library/lineage. I get that some studios have closed down/shifted around and whatever, but they're sitting on some really special titles that with the right teams/people they could make some pretty interesting (and fresh) new games. Ape Escape is SCREAMING for a proper revival/reboot. Shit, that game was like their voice for the Dual Shock controller back in the day. Now they've just kicked it into a corner and delegated the series to shitty Move-related mini game bullshit. Not that I want to say that I understand or know enough about the market right now, but I feel like there has been a HUGE gap in the home console platformer/alternative adventure/whatever game market. I really think they had something special with Ape Escape and all 3 of the mainline titles were high quality, polished titles. Maybe Puppeteer will renew interest in quirky, weird adventure games, I don't know.

I miss the side of Sony that used to produce shit like Medievil, Ape Escape, Primal, Siren, etc. Like I said, I get that some of those teams/studios have dissolved, but still. Puppeteer and that other ICO-like project they're working on, Rain, was it? That's more of what I'm looking for, but why can't it be all there, you know what I mean? Sony should also get Sanzaru to make more, lower budget action adventure titles like a new Jak & Daxter or something. They seem like a competent team to fill in those gaps between their big "blockbuster" Killzone's, Uncharted's, and Last of Us or whatever. That side of Sony doesn't do much for me.

spats

PlayStation Meeting 2013 |OT| Live in Your World, Play in Ours

PlayStation Meeting 2013 |OT| URNOTE

Those are definitely my favourites.

The Chef

I think you should only have one gif in the OP, and then post links to the tumblrs and collection pages of the other gifs for people to look through (and choose which they want to post).

ideally, the one gif is the sunnilegend dark knight gif, the welcome to neogaf/playstation 4 gif, or the kaz crab gif.

as for thread titles, my ideas for now:

Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| PS2 times 2!

Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| ▲ O X­­­ [ ]

Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| Next Gen Clips, Kazified Gifs, and Doritos Potato Chips

These are great.
I think I like | Go Fourth best.

Endo Punk

I think it's such a shame that Sony hasn't pursued more of their untouched side of their library/lineage. I get that some studios have closed down/shifted around and whatever, but they're sitting on some really special titles that with the right teams/people they could make some pretty interesting (and fresh) new games. Ape Escape is SCREAMING for a proper revival/reboot. Shit, that game was like their voice for the Dual Shock controller back in the day. Now they've just kicked it into a corner and delegated the series to shitty Move-related mini game bullshit. Not that I want to say that I understand or know enough about the market right now, but I feel like there has been a HUGE gap in the home console platformer/alternative adventure/whatever game market. I really think they had something special with Ape Escape and all 3 of the mainline titles were high quality, polished titles. Maybe Puppeteer will renew interest in quirky, weird adventure games, I don't know.

I miss the side of Sony that used to produce shit like Medievil, Ape Escape, Primal, Siren, etc. Like I said, I get that some of those teams/studios have dissolved, but still. Puppeteer and that other ICO-like project they're working on, Rain, was it? That's more of what I'm looking for, but why can't it be all there, you know what I mean? Sony should also get Sanzaru to make more, lower budget action adventure titles like a new Jak & Daxter or something. They seem like a competent team to fill in those gaps between their big "blockbuster" Killzone's, Uncharted's, and Last of Us or whatever. That side of Sony doesn't do much for me.

Yeah games like Ape Escape, Parappa, ICO is the reason I love PlayStation, we definitely need more creative games like that but I guess the market demands cinematic and blockbuster titles. Also most of it is down to SCEJ and they haven't been as strong this gen but it does look like they are stepping up. Puppeteer is definitely a title that feels very old school PlayStation and I hope they continue making just as unique games.

This gen SCEA pretty much dominated in terms of quality first party and with PS4 Sony must pay attention and elevate the European and especially Japanese studios. Right off the bat Sony needs to convince gamers that PS4 isn't only about big budget blockbuster games but a varied mix of great gameplay experiences, that's one of the reasons PS2 was able to penetrate the market so well. Don't push PS4 as an adult only system like they did with PS3.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Playstation Meeting 2013 |OT| Next Gen Gold Standard It's Happening

Derrick01

Banned
I just hope Sony's taking notes on how to reveal this thing. After all that hype for Destiny and they come out with a vid doc with almost no gameplay at all I would hope Sony's ready to not repeat that or just show a tech demo.

Camjo-Z

Not that I want to say that I understand or know enough about the market right now, but I feel like there has been a HUGE gap in the home console platformer/alternative adventure/whatever game market. I really think they had something special with Ape Escape and all 3 of the mainline titles were high quality, polished titles. Maybe Puppeteer will renew interest in quirky, weird adventure games, I don't know.

I can't wait for Puppeteer, going to buy it Day 1 to support these kinds of cartoony, original games.

Also, I just got this ad:

#PlayStation2013
www.playstation.com/meeting2013
Tired of 13 year-old trash talkers? Be first to know on 2/20 @ 6pmEST

PS4 to feature no messaging/voice chat CONFIRMED!

Tizoc

I was thinking more along the lines of a Sonic game.

...of course if we don't get any SEGA announcements there it makes me think we'll get many SEGA games on PC soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom